syztem
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 01 February 2008 - 06:10 PM

with a Dpriest ?

Yes. You're telling me that the ones we face are bad, so what would a good team do to beat us?

#22 Lemozart

Lemozart
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cenarion Circle
  • Whirlwind

Posted 01 February 2008 - 06:20 PM

Well, it's mostly what the mage has to do. Seriously, I ain't a mage so I don't know exactly what he will do but he'll get away from you and sheep the warrior, believe me my mage can do that.

P.S. sorry if it takes time to answer, I'm in a class and I try to follow the teachers instructions.

Edit: I didn't say what we have to do. I don't play with a Dpriest but if you said that your warrior is on the Rogue and you are on the Mage, you will try and CC the priest right ? well, the priest wont be CCed and your warrior will be sheeped. The druid wont overheal what the mage and myself will do on you and its pretty much druid / war vs RMP
Posted Image

#23 syztem

syztem
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 01 February 2008 - 06:31 PM

Well, it's mostly what the mage has to do. Seriously, I ain't a mage so I don't know exactly what he will do but he'll get away from you and sheep the warrior, believe me my mage can do that.

P.S. sorry if it takes time to answer, I'm in a class and I try to follow the teachers instructions.

When the mage manages to escape me, my warrior intercepts him. (edit: I always call out on vent when the mage gains space from me, this also gives my druid a chance to feral charge or the warrior an opportunity to spell reflect. It's pretty easy to tell when the mage is going to try and sheep). This normally gives me enough time to close the gap and keep the pressure on. We've gotten pretty good at completly locking mages down.

A good mage will get a few sheeps off (coordinating sheep/frost bolts in kidneys), but these are normally not enough to make a difference.

Kiting a shadowstep rogue isn't an easy task, either.

#24 Lemozart

Lemozart
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cenarion Circle
  • Whirlwind

Posted 01 February 2008 - 06:36 PM

no its not but he manages to do so and will get the sheep he needs. The only problem is the Cheat death. But I'm not running that team comp, I'm with a Spriest and when I said they should win, I was thinking about that comp because that's what I'm running but I think we'd be able to win vs your set up but its speculation and it would be the first time I face that kind of comp with a D priest.
Posted Image

#25 syztem

syztem
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 01 February 2008 - 06:40 PM

no its not but he manages to do so and will get the sheep he needs. The only problem is the Cheat death. But I'm not running that team comp, I'm with a Spriest and when I said they should win, I was thinking about that comp because that's what I'm running but I think we'd be able to win vs your set up but its speculation and it would be the first time I face that kind of comp with a D priest.

There's a real good chance we could kill your shadowpriest in like 10 seconds.

Cheat death is nearly ever a factor in those matchups, I normally save my trinket for an otherwise unavoidable shatter combo (burn my trinket on a ks thats about to get me shattered basically) is about to land, since me getting blinded is not that big of a deal.

#26 Quantity

Quantity
  • Qty
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 01 February 2008 - 06:46 PM

Well I don't think you've played a solid Hunter/Lock/Druid team. All they have to do is play defensively and outlast, getting a few vipers and eventually bursting the Rogue (or the warrior). Yeah you can sit on the lock all you want, but you're going to eat scatter/traps and cyclone/roots all game long too. And if the Lock starts with a void (the good ones start summoning a void when the game starts and cancel if it's not a team they need to use it on), it makes things even more difficult. We usually try and kill the hunter pet which can win us the game if we kill it.

We just train the priest in RMP and haven't been beat by it. It's an anti-RMP for sure. Warrior/Paladin/Offhealer can be tricky if they play it right (other teams warrior constantly keeping both of you hamstrung/piercing howled), but it can be done.

Also, Rogue/Mage/Shadowpriest would get owned by this setup. We'd send the Rogue in and sap the other Rogue (we have perception), Rogue would open on the priest, Druid would attempt to CC the mage, I'd come in with an MS and a bit of burst and then peace out assuming the team is trying to LOLZERGTHEWARRIOR and win. That's kind of a bad setup imo, I dunno.

#27 syztem

syztem
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 01 February 2008 - 06:54 PM

Well I don't think you've played a solid Hunter/Lock/Druid team. All they have to do is play defensively and outlast, getting a few vipers and eventually bursting the Rogue (or the warrior). Yeah you can sit on the lock all you want, but you're going to eat scatter/traps and cyclone/roots all game long too. And if the Lock starts with a void (the good ones start summoning a void when the game starts and cancel if it's not a team they need to use it on), it makes things even more difficult. We usually try and kill the hunter pet which can win us the game if we kill it.

We just train the priest in RMP and haven't been beat by it. It's an anti-RMP for sure. Warrior/Paladin/Offhealer can be tricky if they play it right (other teams warrior constantly keeping both of you hamstrung/piercing howled), but it can be done.

Also, Rogue/Mage/Shadowpriest would get owned by this setup. We'd send the Rogue in and sap the other Rogue (we have perception), Rogue would open on the priest, Druid would attempt to CC the mage, I'd come in with an MS and a bit of burst and then peace out assuming the team is trying to LOLZERGTHEWARRIOR and win. That's kind of a bad setup imo, I dunno.

You're probably correct in that we havent faced a good hunter/lock/druid team, I see way more war/lock/druids then those.

Most locks pop the void from the start once they realize its our lineup, and tbh it normally doesnt matter, we can straight zerg the lock.

I can see how a well played hunter would make this more difficult, but the only good hunter i've seen in 3's plays hunter/mage/priest (which we actually lost to, but they stopped q'ing after 1 win so we didn't really get a chance to work out the correct strat...)

Like I said we handle RMP totally different, and I'd be weary to try your strategy. Leaving the mage to poly and shatter combo is too risky, IMO. I'm really surprised that works with the effectiveness that you are claiming.

#28 Lemozart

Lemozart
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cenarion Circle
  • Whirlwind

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:06 PM

He said he has prep so it makes it easier for them because they know where the rogue is... I always get fucked by Human rogues. :(
Posted Image

#29 Quantity

Quantity
  • Qty
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 01 February 2008 - 08:31 PM

We almost always sap the Rogue, and our druid immediately starts CC on the Mage. If the Rogue trinkets, we blind him when DR is back up, and the druid feral charges + cyclones the mage to the point where his damage is stupid. We've lost one game against RMP in a lot of games, because we didn't get a sap and left the Mage/Rogue to burst, but we split now if for some reason we can't get the jump.

#30 Fatirl

Fatirl
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Jubei'Thos
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 02 February 2008 - 02:39 AM

I'm just starting this make up, what is the best spec for this combo? I've seen a few people go 20/41 or 11/50 and some using 0/33/28

#31 Quantity

Quantity
  • Qty
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 02 February 2008 - 05:26 PM

Shadowstep + Intercept = lots of mobility.

#32 syztem

syztem
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:00 PM

We almost always sap the Rogue, and our druid immediately starts CC on the Mage. If the Rogue trinkets, we blind him when DR is back up, and the druid feral charges + cyclones the mage to the point where his damage is stupid. We've lost one game against RMP in a lot of games, because we didn't get a sap and left the Mage/Rogue to burst, but we split now if for some reason we can't get the jump.

Perception is obviously a huge factor in your strategy then, I think you should make this clear when trying to advise other teams.

Honestly I think splitting is a better all around strat, it doesn't end as quickly but they never can put enough pressure on us to make it close.

#33 Quantity

Quantity
  • Qty
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:24 PM

I don't really agree. If you split, the mage is going to get a sheep off, bottom line. No rogue/warrior can prevent him from sheeping forever. All they have to do is get one shatter combo and you're dead. Why not make them play defensively from the start by zerging the priest? Sapping the mage would work just as well if you're not human, just sap the mage, start CC on the Rogue, and then work your way back to the mage.

Perception plays a huge factor in our strategy but if we didn't have it, I'd still rushdown the priest.

#34 Atoned

Atoned
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Bloodscalp
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:59 PM

We play war/rogue/druid as well and tho we are not as good or geared as jahgg and his team we havent lost to PMR in about 25 matches up to 2200ish rating.

But we do it differently then both of you are advocating. We kill the pet first no matter what. A rogue/mage isnt killing anyone without a shatter combo. Then we swap back and forth on rogue/mage as needed constantly putting them on the defensive. Eventually they run out of timers and the game ends. Sometimes we get lucky and rape the rogue in sub 4 seconds with a CS/expose/intercept/ragedump/ks full energy bar dump, too. We call it and the druid tosses the priest up or stops a gheal and rogue dies incredibly quickly. Zero armor plus no dodges means we can just tear him apart.

We used to try zerging the priest, not gonna happen against good teams.

If the mage gets a sheep off, so what? Reset the fight, pillar kite the mage and rogue, vanish if you can, wait til warrior is on DR from sheep and set up your kill.

#35 Quantity

Quantity
  • Qty
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 03 February 2008 - 10:05 PM

We used to try zerging the priest, not gonna happen against good teams.

We've consistently beat the top RPM teams on our battleground using this strategy every single time, pretty sure it can happen. Even Faction agrees (=P).

#36 syztem

syztem
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 04 February 2008 - 02:49 AM

I suppose I forgot to mention that we always kill the mage pets. Without them the possibility of getting bursted is greatly reduced.

And yes, mages squeek out poly's sometimes, but not many. I call out when the mage gets space on me (aka poly inc) and my warrior switches and intercepts him. When we play it right between 0 and 2 poly's land the entire game, not very game breaking.

Zerging the priest leaves too much of a opportunity for someone to get gibbed...

#37 Manakuski

Manakuski

Posted 04 February 2008 - 03:57 AM

Killing druids is also a nice tactic with druid/warrior/rogue setup. You should try it out. Especially vs druid/lock/hunter, go for the druid and zerg him down. Druids have a very hard time escaping warrior + a shadowstep rogue usually and if you catch them in casterform with an intercept or a kidney shot, usually they're done for unless they have their trinket up.

My armory isn't updated.

#38 Atoned

Atoned
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Bloodscalp
  • Cyclone

Posted 04 February 2008 - 07:15 AM

We've consistently beat the top RPM teams on our battleground using this strategy every single time, pretty sure it can happen. Even Faction agrees (=P).

Okay. Just didnt work for us. The way we do it is a sure win every time unless we mess up horrible or we get a strange RNG. The other way we won, sure but it felt far less controlled and we lost ocasionaly.

I am not an expert, I just know what we do.

#39 Quantity

Quantity
  • Qty
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 04 February 2008 - 08:22 AM

Okay. Just didnt work for us. The way we do it is a sure win every time unless we mess up horrible or we get a strange RNG. The other way we won, sure but it felt far less controlled and we lost ocasionaly.

Yeah it certainly is more controlled, but I feel that it is the most successful option if you have a human rogue that can find the other team's rogue. Maybe if he wasn't human we'd rethink our strategy, but your druid play really determines what you focus. If your druid is absolutely amazing, you can zerg the priest and not really have to worry about the mage burst because it is taken away by the druid.

#40 Atoned

Atoned
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Bloodscalp
  • Cyclone

Posted 04 February 2008 - 12:28 PM

Our druid is very good, but when we first started our warrior didnt have 4 piece and had about 200 resilience. Our druid was wearing half blues with 1300 plus heal and 200ish resilience and our rogue is horrible with tunnel vision and clicks everything(I play the rogue) so we had to adopt a strategy that worked for us and limited RNG.

Good mage will nail the first cyclone. We open on the priest and the rogue is gonna open on our rogue. Which puts our rogue on the defensive and lets them dictate the match. Our way is just more comfortable for us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<