Photo

totem stomping

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#41 underwhelmed

underwhelmed
  • Junkies

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:59 PM

Aye, Fan of knives would've been a better thing to fix then totem stomping for sure.

Bias much?

Totemstomping in its old form was stupid, hunters/DKs/locks could macro the /petattack [target=every totem name] commands to their DPS attacks or Fear and negate a class-defining aspect of Shaman with no thought. That's nowhere near an important part of the Warlock class, and I can't understand how some of you called that skill. Even with the change, it's not like whenever a shaman has Tremor Totem down they're totally immune to Fear--I can't count the number of times I've been feared out of range between ticks or, even more frustrating than pet totemgobbling macros, been feared then had a priest/lock melee the Tremor that was right beside me before it ticks.

Tl;dr: Right-clicking totems is too hard for Warlocks that claim pet auto-eating totems was a very important aspect of their class. Blizzard succeeds in their attempt to make pet classes think before they negate a class-defining aspect of Shaman, change is working as intended so far.

Edit: For the record, Fan of Knives is stupid.

#42 Kluian

Kluian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:05 PM

Bias much?

Totemstomping in its old form was stupid, hunters/DKs/locks could macro the /petattack [target=every totem name] commands to their DPS attacks or Fear and negate a class-defining aspect of Shaman with no thought.

No they couldn't. Macroing stomping to all of your offensive abilities just causes your pet to go crazy and not actually accomplish anything.

#43 underwhelmed

underwhelmed
  • Junkies

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:10 PM

No they couldn't. Macroing stomping to all of your offensive abilities just causes your pet to go crazy and not actually accomplish anything.

Eh, maybe that one part is only valid for DKs, I know for a fact they could throw the command to attack Cleansing in with Scourge Strike and it would completely negate my Cleansing Totem.

#44 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:12 PM

Only really an issue if the macros aren't all ordered the same. The situation you describe arises when each attack tells the pet to attack a different totem so it keeps running between a few.

That said, FoK would indeed have been a better, and easier, thing to fix. Why? Because Cleansing and Tremor are overpowered without stomping.
화이팅

#45 Smir

Smir
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Affliction 2/0/2/0/0/1/1
  • Locationcurently living in UK (coming from Austria)

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:16 PM

i heared that good shamans positioned their totems good, so if you tried to stomp it the dd of the sham just killed the pet, BUT I ONLY HEARED !

anyway, on the 1v1 pov shamans had no big problems handeling locks dks or hunters (hunters i´m not sure) so the removing of totemstomping gave shamans advantages vs classes they allready had the upper and, and doesn´t affect their probs vs warris or what else

the change only helps getting bad shamans, who yould never been able to compete vs locks, up in rating

#46 underwhelmed

underwhelmed
  • Junkies

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:18 PM

That said, FoK would indeed have been a better, and easier, thing to fix. Why? Because Cleansing and Tremor are overpowered without stomping.

I expected better from you... Right-clicking the 5hp totem has been working for priests, and like I said even if Tremor is down for the full Fear, I often get feared out of range before a tick if I'm not snared, and even more often if it's when I pop Spirit Walk and have 60% run speed increase.

#47 underwhelmed

underwhelmed
  • Junkies

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:26 PM

i heared that good shamans positioned their totems good, so if you tried to stomp it the dd of the sham just killed the pet, BUT I ONLY HEARED !

I HEARED TOTEMS HAS INFINITE RANGE +1 AND YOU CAN'T PULL A TEAM AWAY FROM THEM!!!

We can play this game all day...

#48 nawty

nawty
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/0/0/1/2
  • RBG: 768

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:35 PM

I'm renaming tremor :/

#49 nawty

nawty
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:36 PM

worst excuse ever, that just pisses me off. Sure maybe once or twice I've managed to turn that to my favour. the other 19912391931 times? not so much

#50 nawty

nawty
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:36 PM

worked fine for me

#51 Kluian

Kluian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 05 August 2009 - 07:06 PM

Not as a warlock it didn't.

#52 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:38 PM

It worked fine for me.

I HEARED TOTEMS HAS INFINITE RANGE +1 AND YOU CAN'T PULL A TEAM AWAY FROM THEM!!!

I wish. Nothing more fun than a shaman dropping his forest and then camping a spot for 10 minuts waiting for the other team.
화이팅

#53 Rime

Rime
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:37 PM

Tremor was OP and totem stomping was OP so in a way they balanced each other out, but now that balance has swung too far in the shamans favor. We need some way to counter the tremor totem, it is too powerful against us and locks do not need any more hard counters at the moment.

Yes we can manually target the totem through visible nameplates and attempt to wand it or send our pet after it, but I don't think some people realize how retarded it is trying to do that when shammys can drop 4 at a time and 2 pets on top of them, I saw it first hand several times last night in the new BG and all I can say is good fucking luck with that. If they couldn't drop 4 totems at a time and if I could wand while running then yes maybe this would be balanced, but right now anyone saying this is fine is either trolling or delusional.

I'm glad shammys have a new class they have a huge advantage over, but it shouldn't of been warlocks. Warriors were shit last season so they gave them shattering throw to help against pallys, it made sense, and their numbers have been rising ever since. If shammy rep numbers are low then give them abilities to help against the top classes, don't over buff them against the two worst. Hunters and locks have to kill totems to win, we fucking have to, these changes makes as much sense as handing out immunities to JUST scatter shot. Kicking classes while they are down.

#54 underwhelmed

underwhelmed
  • Junkies

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:46 PM

If they drop 4 at a time just because you killed a tremor, they're bad and you'll OOM them in a few seconds. Dropping 4 totems repeatedly when you melee one costs 1k+ a GCD for the shaman, and you make it sound like it takes so much effort to right-click a totem.

Craton, you are trying hard to justify your point. You will be able to force someone to move away from well-placed totems eventually. Hell, going to their totemforest, fearing, and meleeing the totem before it ticks will do the job.

E: No, hunters do not depend on totemstomping to get kills either. Quit your crying, your macro was a crutch. Tremor isn't OP, you're scared to adapt and want it to be made the way it was so it's easier on you.

#55 Rime

Rime
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:51 PM

If they drop 4 at a time just because you killed a tremor, they're bad and you'll OOM them in a few seconds. Dropping 4 totems repeatedly when you melee one costs 1k+ a GCD for the shaman, and you make it sound like it takes so much effort to right-click a totem.

Craton, you are trying hard to justify your point. You will be able to force someone to move away from well-placed totems eventually. Hell, going to their totemforest, fearing, and meleeing the totem before it ticks will do the job.

I can't target it! I've had several enhance shammys drop 4 totems and 2 wolves right on top of me, that's 7 nameplates in a 5 yard area. You have grounding you have shocks you have stuns and knockbacks if specced for them, tremor is not your only defense against a fear cast.

#56 underwhelmed

underwhelmed
  • Junkies

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:57 PM

Where's the Enh knockback, chief? Why not Shadowfury> Howl of Terror and stomp the tremor when the shaman and wolves are running? Good warlocks do it all the time. Grounding has a cooldown and is eaten by a curse/devour magic. The only stun we have other than once every three minutes is Fire Nova Totem, outrange it/kill it/devour stun. The interrupt is a two-second lockout, and if you're Destro it's going to be held for an Immo or Chaos Bolt.

#57 Mutechno

Mutechno
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:34 PM

Totem stomping macro threads only cause hate.

Butterflies and rainbow hugs and kisses are necessary.

#58 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:20 AM

No, goddammit. This is the problem.

None of you fucking listen.

We don't want stomping. We're glad it's gone because it was stupid. Tremor, however, NEEDED stomping to be balanced because it has no CDs. You remove stomping == you give it a CD == balance.
화이팅

#59 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:42 AM

Don't even give it a CD, change the effect

It's way too strong and it'd still be too strong with a CD unless it was super long

#60 ragzdog

ragzdog
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • RBG: 2667

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:52 AM

Don't even give it a CD, change the effect

It's way too strong and it'd still be too strong with a CD unless it was super long

^

reduce the duration of fear by 30% imo
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<