#42 Kluian

Kluian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 25 July 2009 - 05:07 PM

neverseen a voidwalker tankin sath 3 Drakes? ;)
millions of vids about it ;)

it's ofc not the main reason, but I guess it has played a role.

so far
zUkUu

This kind of comment leads me to believe you've never done the Sarth+3D fight. Not that that's anything to be ashamed of, but you should probably know the only reason the VW is a good tank is because it takes 90% less AoE damage.

You'll notice no guild rolls VW MT in Ulduar 25, so I SERIOUSLY doubt that's the issue here.

#43 zUkUu

zUkUu
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Destromath
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents:

Posted 25 July 2009 - 05:11 PM

...it isn't a issue, but vw got nerfed a while ago exactly because of this. and maybe it does not play a major role, but it CAN be played a little one.

and imo it's 80%.

and there are things beyond ulduar :3

but don't argue with me. I dislike pve so it doesn't bother me at all^^

they should just fix the scaling from the pets with all stats. would be enough to buff it.

so far
zUkUu
:warlock: Destruction Duel Guide 2 by zUkUu
http://www.warcraftm...w.php?id=121739

#44 Sparkys

Sparkys
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/1/1/.
  • RBG: 768

Posted 25 July 2009 - 05:16 PM

The only reason VW Pets were nerfed was because they could take Sarths breath and it'll do <4-5k damage, and again in ulduar because they were used on hard mode IronCouncil when it was impossible, but the pets wouldn't get the debuff that would kill everyone, making the fight trivial in both fights.

#45 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 25 July 2009 - 05:45 PM

Frankly I don't understand how any of you could possibly expect blizzard to not fuck warlocks.

They're fucking awful at PvP balance and always will be.

The only reason VW Pets were nerfed was because they could take Sarths breath and it'll do <4-5k damage, and again in ulduar because they were used on hard mode IronCouncil when it was impossible, but the pets wouldn't get the debuff that would kill everyone, making the fight trivial in both fights.

For bad guilds*

VW comes into play like one fight every raid tier. I really don't think it would be that difficult to add something to the one applicable Colosseum fight that counters a VW and hotfix it in.
화이팅

#46 Ensipid

Ensipid
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • RBG: 2561

Posted 25 July 2009 - 05:45 PM

Can i has MS then?

And thank god they took out totem stomping.

#47 Sparkys

Sparkys
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/1/1/.
  • RBG: 768

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:15 PM

Frankly I don't understand how any of you could possibly expect blizzard to not fuck warlocks.

They're fucking awful at PvP balance and always will be.

For bad guilds*

VW comes into play like one fight every raid tier. I really don't think it would be that difficult to add something to the one applicable Colosseum fight that counters a VW and hotfix it in.

Eh at the time when ulduar was released, the only way to defeat IC was to use the void tank or hearthstone the debuff(which deus vox did for the world first)

#48 anneeh

anneeh
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:16 PM

You'll notice no guild rolls VW MT in Ulduar 25, so I SERIOUSLY doubt that's the issue here.

Actually, i tanked steelbreaker with vw to get hardmode council down befor they fixed the bug where he didnt get increased dmg from pets dying :>

But its seriously sad if they cant work around that, because pets making warlocks uncomfortable in arenas when they can be killed so easily, sometimes just in a couple of seconds is down right stupid :/

#49 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:00 PM

Eh at the time when ulduar was released, the only way to defeat IC was to use the void tank or hearthstone the debuff(which deus vox did for the world first)

That was due to a bug with him not gaining a damage increase when pets died, it was nothing to do with the quality of a VW tank.

#50 Ragingsteer

Ragingsteer
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Azgalor
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:27 PM

If I can't handle destro locks and im the healer that can handle them best, that makes locks burst even more overpowered. Locks burst is just not acceptable.

Disc/rogue/ret and you can't handle destro locks? And you're 2600? This game is such a joke.
wtb D3

#51 MulletMania

MulletMania
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:32 PM

People try and justify this nerf and say "you still have the 3 minute feldom." I don't really understandt this because once our 2nd pet is dead we have to survive for 3 minutes... I'm not going to lie... I usually don't make it the full 3 without dying. =(

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 2/1/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1369
  • 3v3: 1584
  • RBG: 384

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:32 PM

I don't really see the problem if pets are going to have 500 resil or whatever. They'll probably be as squishy as a Rogue. Your pet dies in a global, my Rogue dies in a global, seems fair to me :D

Believe it or not I'm a nice guy with a mild mannered personality. So no, i wouldn't "choke someone", even though my 6pack abs allow me to do that

#53 Wardeath

Wardeath
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:36 PM

It's only 40% of your resil. In my case...my pet would run with 268 resil.

sweet...

#54 wimser

wimser
  • Junkies

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:37 PM

pet hp increase on ptr has been reversed. theyre now oneshotable again.

Not really... With the new resil bouns to the pets + the new season gear + the only things that can really 1shot a pet is a frost DK an w/ the new RNG on frost stike that will help some.

I expect everyone will be stacking resil much harder an you won't see much 3set pvp 2set pve anymore.

Official Blizzard Quote:

Dear Blizzard, nerf scissors, sincerely: Paper.
Spoiler

50mph? Hmmm I mostly see RMP but if theres that many :mage::priest::hunter: then it couldn't be that bad.

#55 wimser

wimser
  • Junkies

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:42 PM

Disc/rogue/ret and you can't handle destro locks? And you're 2600? This game is such a joke.

/agree

EURO-WoW is the only thing to do now days

http://arena-tournament.com/

Official Blizzard Quote:

Dear Blizzard, nerf scissors, sincerely: Paper.
Spoiler

50mph? Hmmm I mostly see RMP but if theres that many :mage::priest::hunter: then it couldn't be that bad.

#56 Ragingsteer

Ragingsteer
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Azgalor
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:43 PM

I don't really see the problem if pets are going to have 500 resil or whatever. They'll probably be as squishy as a Rogue. Your pet dies in a global, my Rogue dies in a global, seems fair to me :D

What if you play with a lock AND a rogue? =/
wtb D3

#57 Smir

Smir
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Affliction 2/0/2/0/0/1/1
  • Locationcurently living in UK (coming from Austria)

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:45 PM

never ever gladiator, now playing priest ret rogue @ 2,6k and complaining about destros, cause he can´t handle them

yeah, do you feel it? :)

#58 vala

vala
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostmourne
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents:

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:45 PM

Not really... With the new resil bouns to the pets + the new season gear + the only things that can really 1shot a pet is a frost DK an w/ the new RNG on frost stike that will help some.

I expect everyone will be stacking resil much harder an you won't see much 3set pvp 2set pve anymore.

lol.. even with 1000 resilience, the pet still only has 400. for serious pvp, even at level 70, 400 resilience wasn't enough as a caster. now imagine a 18k hp pet with 400 resilience at level 80. its completely ridiculous. if a warrior mortal strikes me for 4k, with soullink and 800+ resilience, how is a pet supposed to survive focus fire, when it has less resilience than a level 70 pvper and the hp of an 80 non-elite mob?

how long do you think, a level 70 in pvp gear is going to survive 1-3 level 80-melees beating on him?

#59 psyhawk

psyhawk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Crushridge
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:49 PM

i recently hit 80 on a new lock and my felhunter has 12k hp :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

#60 Smir

Smir
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Affliction 2/0/2/0/0/1/1
  • Locationcurently living in UK (coming from Austria)

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:54 PM

on my hordetwink with full deadly/furious offpieces + hateful/deadly bodyslots he got 15k

in vent this sounds like:
xx:00 -> "they are on pet"
xx:01 -> "shit pet down"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<