Photo

ptr: pet hp nerfed again

• Please log in to reply
254 replies to this topic

#241 energyze

energyze
  • Members

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:28 AM

i think the closest blizzard comes to balance is for one class to dominate a season and for another to dominate the next.

warlocks pets are fine when they are played Purrfectly (in the 2v2 bracket). i mean fkn godly decision making with the pet control.

i think the buffs that are being discussed are moving in a desirable direction. i also think that none of the cganges being discussed are bringing the game closer to being fixed or balanced.

on a final humorous note, my teammate is frost dk and this dk says when we enter a match... i'm gonna control the lock. ok pet is dead (this a few globals later). however this same dk also QQs about random feat pathing and fear spam. this dk QQs that its unbelievable that frost dk is gwtting nerfed and warlock's pets buffed when this dk says he has to get every global perfect to even stand a chance, meanwhile warlocks can fk up all day and still come out on top.

pretty bad logic "when its played perfect its fine"? so i just have to play perfect 100% of the time...oh wait ive watched warriors kill my pet through my priest greater healing it while i health funnle...NVM ur right pets are fine
Posted Image

#242 Domesauce

Domesauce
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2098

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:36 AM

when you read someone say "when played well XXXX is fine", just translate it in your head to "i get outplayed by XXXX and lose so it's fine"

#243 johnbaptist

johnbaptist
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:37 AM

sry to flame you but

playing ret/priest or frostdk/pries tin 2s and ret dk priest in 3s

the things you say about warlock pets completly answers my question "why the fuck you´re so low in rating"

with the comps you play you should perfectly see how fine pets are .....

[€dit]
missed something
your dk is very very bad, rofl

after reading several pages of posts on this thread I noticed there was some issue regarding melee cleaving the hell out of warlock pets. Therefore I only mentioned that even those people like warriors or frost dks are talking about having to face more resilient pets (my intention was not for you to pass judgement on his ability to play).

None the less, I am currently on a ret/priest 2v2 comp but i've also played rogue/priest, frostdk/priest, warlock/priest...

My 3v3 is not ret/dk/priest. my 3v3 is rogue/frostDK/priest. this is not the cookie cutter cleave comp and we have our own vulnerabilities to many comps (including ret/warr/X or ret/dk/X).

I only go into lengthy detail here because you are making it relevant by reference. I have faced 2k rated warlocks and they are scrubbish. I have faced 2.4k rated warlocks and they are a handful. I have faced 2600 rated warlocks and have been crushed. So yes, if you play every single global cooldown with perfect precision, then warlocks are fine.

#244 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:26 AM

You mean, if your team gets completely outplayed by their team, they can win.

That doesn't have any bearing on class balance or pet survivability, instead it's a matter of your team being inferior and losing because of that.

Now, while that is how things should work, it doesn't touch on the games where, despite being completely outplayed, you're still able to win by lolgibbing a pet or other, similar circumstances.
화이팅

#245 Chikusho

Chikusho
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Bloodhoof
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:59 AM

Lol i'm 2,6k and 2,6k rated kill my pet ... no, 2,4k also
Oh wait you are 2,2k

#246 Maúo1296681524

Maúo1296681524
  • Aomená
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:14 AM

When this game becomes outlasting again instead of this faceroll bursting then we should buff pets. Until then NO.

#247 Lauviah

Lauviah
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/1/0/0/1/2

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:14 AM

When this game becomes outlasting again instead of this faceroll bursting then we should buff pets. Until then NO.

Um wat. We want pet buffs because of the faceroll bursting everywhere.
So
???

#248 vala

vala
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostmourne
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents:

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:44 AM

This doesnt make any sense at all. Buffing the pet would be the first step to make the game become outlasting again.

#249 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:56 AM

Thinly veiled bitch about destro burst. Just report them.
화이팅

#250 Lauviah

Lauviah
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/1/0/0/1/2

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:02 PM

Did you come here just to troll?

#251 Demonicsoul

Demonicsoul
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:49 PM

lock this allready

#252 energyze

energyze
  • Members

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:10 PM

"please give my pet enough to allow me to finish my own 20k burst rotation on a player."
"ok we gave your pet more hp and resilience to protect it."
"omg warlock pet mechanic is perfect."
"this is a test realm so we want to see how pet survival is with only a resilience modification."
"omg QfknQ."
"hi i'm a priest and i think (insert increasingly defensive comments here)"
"IM A WARLOCK GIVE MY PET MORE BUFF ON PTR"

sigh....
Posted Image

#253 Ragingsteer

Ragingsteer
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Azgalor
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:16 PM

My 3v3 is not ret/dk/priest. my 3v3 is rogue/frostDK/priest. this is not the cookie cutter cleave comp and we have our own vulnerabilities to many comps (including ret/warr/X or ret/dk/X).

I only go into lengthy detail here because you are making it relevant by reference. I have faced 2k rated warlocks and they are scrubbish. I have faced 2.4k rated warlocks and they are a handful. I have faced 2600 rated warlocks and have been crushed. So yes, if you play every single global cooldown with perfect precision, then warlocks are fine.

Priest/rogue/dk getting crushed by warlocks... ROFL

Really?

So warlocks are fine even if they have to play absolutely flawlessly, yet a terrible priest can faceroll cleave and that's fine? Ok.
wtb D3

#254 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:20 PM

Johnbaptist, its not warlocks fault you can't win against lock teams who outplay you :)

Besides, every reasoning you came up with in this topic makes it seem like you're actually a very bad priest, you should work on your skill set, rather than trying to get a very very important yet weak side of a class nerfed.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#255 Smir

Smir
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Affliction 2/0/2/0/0/1/1
  • Locationcurently living in UK (coming from Austria)

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:13 PM

played ~30 games

vs destro/rogue/priest
vs a few ret/rogue/priest
vs a few ret/dk/priest
vs pal/ele/frost
vs rmps

and not a single team not killed my pet
i just stopped playing getting emo, cause it wasn´t fun seeing this .....

and for those who tell me now, pets are fin
FUCK YOU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<