#21 Symbiote

Symbiote
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Ragnaros
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:09 AM

i agree with your spec....except that point u gave to Toughness, i would put it on merciless combat.

and the frost+ghoul one, i was doing it thinking about 2v2....but i just remembered 2v2 is useless.

hmmmm may be but atleast i live in U.S.A and ya as-s still in mexico eatin burritos or should i say quesadillas?;)

Site Rules

These rules are simple. Be helpful and informative and don't be a jackass. Since that is subjective though, here is explicitly what is forbidden.

Signature/Avatar Guidelines
- Signatures should not be so wide that they stretch the user's post beyond the normal page boundary. They also should be no greater than 250 pixels in height. Embeded images in signatures should be no larger than 250 kilobytes in size.

Animated signatures are only allowed when they are not flashing and distracting.

- Avatars should be no greater than 100 kilobytes in size.

#22 Daimiru

Daimiru
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:51 AM

Would you give up 15% damage for a ghoul? especially if you don't use the ghoul glyph.

Also, Necrosis + BCB + 25% Haste might be better? Along with the obliterate spam making HUGE RP gains from dirge(if you chose to give up 2/5 Tundra Stalker) + cotg, making it easier to spam death coils as well?

Melee Attacks spamming all kinds of passive burst damage while you oblit/death coil sounds better to me than a 15k hp ghoul that hits for 450ish (no room for ghoul glyph)

Just sayin

Would wet myself if DK's next patch were able to

- 20% Shadow Damage On Autoattacks
- Blood Caked Blade (If Threat of Tharassian worked for that: lulz)
- Spam Ranged 6k (8500 with CG) Deathcoils that added the extra unholy blight DoT
- 2 Runeforge Enchants
- Hungering Cold
- 12k? Obliterates
- 25% Haste to increase procs of Necrosis, Blood Caked Blade, Fallen Crusader(LOL spam heals on yourself)
- 20% haste to your partners (Glowy fuckin' handz brah)

If it works than this would be the spec to do it:
http://ptr.wowhead.c...ZfMG0xcz:LNa0Vm

I'd drop HC Glyph for Ghoul Glyph (if I went Ghoul). HC Glyph isn't nearly as good if RP isn't your main source of damage. 1 more 3.1 FS is kind of a big deal, but 1 more 3.2 DC isn't.

Going for the Ghoul isn't that painful. "Ghoulfrost" sucks in 3.1 because you have to give up not just Tundra Stalker, but the Blood tree; the bottom of Unholy is just a huge waste for 2H Frost. But Necrosis/BCB are actually good talents for DW, so Unholy isn't nearly as much of a waste in 3.2. Hell, Dirge is a p. good talent for the spec. You don't pick up any crap talents getting Ghoul.

I wouldn't be very surprised either way, I'd have to play them both to know which one(s) are viable.

#23 soki

soki
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/0/0/0
  • 3v3: 480

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:23 PM

might be fuckin cleavetastic

it shall be called "lawl did they really make that happen coiloblitfrostunholy spec of the nexim"

can't wait to try the spec you posted

#24 Daimiru

Daimiru
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:35 PM

So arpen is considered a really good stat for PvE DW because Oblit and white are such huge sources of damage, given this is arpen now a good stat for PvP DW? There are some PvP arpen pieces floating around (neck, wg ring) and probably more in the future, plus awesome trinkets like Mjolnir Runestone.

If you stack some arpen like an arms war maybe you can pursue the same berserker kill-your-ass strat.

#25 Bigcritz

Bigcritz
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:34 PM

Im definitely trying Nexim's spec, oh shit do we have another serennia spec happening?

Oh and dual wield obliterate vrs 2h? Which would be better?

#26 Hellsdevil

Hellsdevil
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Antonidas
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:51 PM

I will try this DW spec first (0/52/19):

http://talent.mmo-ch...3&version=10192

I hope spamming COI will be enough to snare my targets. But damage should be very solid, as http://talent.mmo-ch...0&version=10192 is the best performing DW Frost PVE spec from EJ.

#27 Daimiru

Daimiru
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:56 PM

Im definitely trying Nexim's spec, oh shit do we have another serennia spec happening?

Oh and dual wield obliterate vrs 2h? Which would be better?

DW just hits straight up harder, by a lot.

#28 madbomberz

madbomberz
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:12 PM

http://talent.mmo-ch...0&version=10147

What do u guys think about that? no killing machine because u dont wanan use frost strike as often anyway and no chillblains just hard dps as possible and obliterate pumping what ya guys think?

#29 Daimiru

Daimiru
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:17 PM

KM is such a fucking amazing talent though even if FS doesn't hit nearly as hard, it's a big controllable chunk of damage that comes up a LOT that you can sit on until the right moment (it's even easier to sit on now that you don't have to always FS for pressure).

I think without KM you're going to have a a lot of trouble getting any non-RNG kills, maybe you can tunnel someone until you RNG crit them to death but that doesn't sound like a fun way to play.

#30 Huxleylol

Huxleylol
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Zuluhed
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1877
  • 3v3: 1663

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:49 PM

KM is such a fucking amazing talent though even if FS doesn't hit nearly as hard, it's a big controllable chunk of damage that comes up a LOT that you can sit on until the right moment (it's even easier to sit on now that you don't have to always FS for pressure).

I think without KM you're going to have a a lot of trouble getting any non-RNG kills, maybe you can tunnel someone until you RNG crit them to death but that doesn't sound like a fun way to play.

I'm playing a dk, Im not here to have fun, I'm here to hero class.

#31 Daimiru

Daimiru
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:55 PM

you are ret :confused: obviously the true skillspec

#32 Huxleylol

Huxleylol
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Zuluhed
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1877
  • 3v3: 1663

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:56 PM

you are ret :confused: obviously the true skillspec

edit: totally inactive bro.

edit#2:Hero classin now

#33 Daimiru

Daimiru
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:57 PM

FAKE EDITS

LIES

#34 holowicki

holowicki
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:03 PM

SOMEONE PLZ do a blood deathknight test, 12k ob as frost should c an increase in burst as well as consitancy in dmg if it does provide armor pen, and the increases to ob itself as a main ability. After the patch most abilities went from increasing armor to reducing dmg which should effect all spell dmg more so than physical and armor pen saw no nerf. Being a dk the agi buff (minimal anyway) doesn't do anything for us and the spell dmg is continuously reduced by resistances. Im probaly wrong but blood might work b/c of the physical aspect of it instead of the s6 spell based melee

#35 Friendlies

Friendlies

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:03 PM

wat chu talkin bout willis
Posted ImagePosted Image

U Mad?

#36 mav1234

mav1234
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Ravenholdt
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:32 PM

12k Oblits sound unreachable for that spec, how do you get the AP to pull it off?

I guess I should test before passing judgement, but wow.

EDIT:

Are we really sure DC is better than a KM FS? Do they hit for that little now? :(

WTB my server being up...

#37 Wibang

Wibang
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Bloodfeather
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/2/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1512
  • 3v3: 856
  • 5v5: 766
  • RBG: 1851

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:26 AM

edit: totally inactive bro.

edit#2:Hero classin now

Good to have people like you in game.

Blizzard: Hero Class stands for level 55 start & Free mount.

#38 sunzrooney

sunzrooney
  • Junkies

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:32 AM

Just wondering where the 25% haste is coming from?
Also is it really worth dropping FS I mean a frost strike with a KM proc hitting with main and offhand is it really lower than a death coil ?

#39 Bigcritz

Bigcritz
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 05 August 2009 - 01:54 AM

Just wondering where the 25% haste is coming from?
Also is it really worth dropping FS I mean a frost strike with a KM proc hitting with main and offhand is it really lower than a death coil ?

Its shitty.

#40 Nitestrike

Nitestrike
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/2/0
  • RBG: 2079

Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:03 AM

After more testing on live, frost damage seems about the same as 3.1, but less bursty AND can be dodged/parried.

The reason for lest bursty is because MH and OH crits are independent, so they don't really always crit at the same time. A MH+OH crit at the same time can be over 10k, like 3.1, but the occurrence is pretty rare.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<