Photo

Dual Weild Frost 3.2 Spec

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

#1 Friendlies

Friendlies

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:00 PM

Frost Gurus,

If you were to dual wield next patch, what would you spec?

http://ptr.wowhead.com/?talent#j

There's the link to the up-to-date talent tree.

An excerpt from page 2 that I would like to continue discussion on:

Would you give up 15% damage for a ghoul? especially if you don't use the ghoul glyph.

Also, Necrosis + BCB + 25% Haste might be better? Along with the obliterate spam making HUGE RP gains from dirge(if you chose to give up 2/5 Tundra Stalker) + cotg, making it easier to spam death coils as well?

Melee Attacks spamming all kinds of passive burst damage while you oblit/death coil sounds better to me than a 15k hp ghoul that hits for 450ish (no room for ghoul glyph)

Just sayin

Would wet myself if DK's next patch were able to

- 20% Shadow Damage On Autoattacks
- Blood Caked Blade (If Threat of Tharassian worked for that: lulz)
- Spam Ranged 6k (8500 with CG) Deathcoils that added the extra unholy blight DoT
- 2 Runeforge Enchants
- Hungering Cold
- 12k? Obliterates
- 25% Haste to increase procs of Necrosis, Blood Caked Blade, Fallen Crusader(LOL spam heals on yourself)
- 20% haste to your partners (Glowy fuckin' handz brah)

If it works than this would be the spec to do it:
http://ptr.wowhead.c....fMG0xcz:LNa0Vm

Posted ImagePosted Image

U Mad?

#2 Petrosian

Petrosian
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Zuluhed
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:43 PM

Frost Gurus,

If you were to dual wield next patch, what would you spec?

http://ptr.wowhead.com/?talent#j

There's the link to the up-to-date talent tree.

http://ptr.wowhead.c...MezArcofucuzAoc

or maybe

http://ptr.wowhead.c...MezArcobucuzAoc

The points I'd swap around would be in Merciless Combat, Rime, and Scent for Blood. I'd be most likely to drop Rime I think.

#3 Friendlies

Friendlies

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:51 PM

If I don't take Rime/Chillblains (CoI Spam) that's 6 free points. Think 20% Haste will be better for ppm enchants/killing machine?
Posted ImagePosted Image

U Mad?

#4 Petrosian

Petrosian
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Zuluhed
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:55 PM

If I don't take Rime/Chillblains (CoI Spam) that's 6 free points. Think 20% Haste will be better for ppm enchants/killing machine?

Yeah I forgot they changed Chillblains as well on the PTR (though I don't think it's that big of a change TBH, it still acts as a kind of desecration with Pestilence). It really depends on what comp you are playing, if your only snare is what the DK offers then you might want both CoI spam and Chillblains.

#5 Friendlies

Friendlies

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:47 AM

well glowing red hands sure look cooler
Posted ImagePosted Image

U Mad?

#6 Roswend

Roswend
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:14 AM

Why is nobody taking Rime and Scent for Blood seriously? Rime is +15% chance to crit Obliterate and a free attack. Scent for Blood is 10 runic power on swing and it doesn't have a cooldown anymore.

#7 slappy

slappy
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Trollbane
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:22 AM

oblit is kinda nice on the ptr as dw atm, rime would be a good investment just for the crit alone, im not 100% sure about the benefits of haste for dw though i would imagen its good to incress ppm to offset the amount of posible attack misses.

#8 Daimiru

Daimiru
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:15 PM

I don't think you can skip Rime any more, Oblit does a lot more damage on PTR + free HB has a double chance to proc when DW.

#9 Daimiru

Daimiru
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:33 PM

Why is nobody taking Rime and Scent for Blood seriously? Rime is +15% chance to crit Obliterate and a free attack. Scent for Blood is 10 runic power on swing and it doesn't have a cooldown anymore.

p. sure everyone knows what the talents do brah

#10 Daimiru

Daimiru
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:35 PM

tbqh frost is a pressure comp on ptr. FS is hitting for thousands less but Oblit is hitting for thousands more. in recognition of that i would probably drop glyph of hungering cold, because that extra FS is just not that important. i'd probably also drop chilblains and just spam chains exclusively, and i'd take glyph of chains because that represents like a 5%+ total damage increase, which is v. strong for a pressure comp. just thoughts.

something like this:
http://talent.mmo-ch...0&version=10147

that hits every notable dps talent and the cost is giving up chilblains.

#11 Daigo

Daigo
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Bloodfeather
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:56 AM

so does anyone know how much OBLI hits for PVP wise on PTR?
Like they said, If you can't do what they do, pay them..

#12 Primuz

Primuz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Aerie Peak
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:37 AM

Obliterate is hitting for like 10k+ if both hands crit with sigil of awareness, and low tier weapons.

I would imagine with 2350 maces you will see 8-9k criticals with sigil of awareness on cloth with 1000 resilience from the test I was running on the PTR a couple weeks ago.

I am still not sure that Frost Strike/Killing Machine is worth the investment anymore however. Sigil Of Awareness + Obliterate does more damage against plate then SoVH + Frost Strike. Missing on Frost Strike really sucks to because of the RP loss =/.

I was playing around with a IIT/Oblit/ScOB spec on the PTR and it was pretty monster even swapping out Frost Strike for Death Coil.

#13 Blackdawn

Blackdawn
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Der Rat von Dalaran
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:10 PM

iit in pvp and not using frost strike??

wtf are u kidding me ? .. i really hope so
one life, one chance

#14 Daimiru

Daimiru
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:29 PM

Obliterate is hitting for like 10k+ if both hands crit with sigil of awareness, and low tier weapons.

I would imagine with 2350 maces you will see 8-9k criticals with sigil of awareness on cloth with 1000 resilience from the test I was running on the PTR a couple weeks ago.

I am still not sure that Frost Strike/Killing Machine is worth the investment anymore however. Sigil Of Awareness + Obliterate does more damage against plate then SoVH + Frost Strike. Missing on Frost Strike really sucks to because of the RP loss =/.

I was playing around with a IIT/Oblit/ScOB spec on the PTR and it was pretty monster even swapping out Frost Strike for Death Coil.

I've actually been considering this as well. If you give up on Frost Strike you can go pretty fucking far into Unholy and get some great talents for DW, not the least of which is the Ghoul.

I really wonder what white damage pressure is like with IIT + Necrosis + BCB.

#15 Daimiru

Daimiru
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:47 PM

here's something interesting:

http://ptr.wowhead.c...cu0hZfMGI00bx0z

1. No reason to grab KM/Glacier Rot if you don't have FS or HB.
2. Very little reason to grab Outbreak if you don't have SS.
3. No Unholy Blight?

I think it should look more like this:
http://ptr.wowhead.c...cu0hZfMMhxcdM0z

Maybe drop Necrosis for Death Coil talents. BCB actually adds a lot of fucking damage to DW, though.

#16 Symbiote

Symbiote
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Ragnaros
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:49 PM

1. No reason to grab KM/Glacier Rot if you don't have FS or HB.
2. Very little reason to grab Outbreak if you don't have SS.
3. No Unholy Blight?

I think it should look more like this:
http://ptr.wowhead.c...cu0hZfMMhxcdM0z

Maybe drop Necrosis for Death Coil talents. BCB actually adds a lot of fucking damage to DW, though.

yeah i just realized that...working on it right now.

hmmmm may be but atleast i live in U.S.A and ya as-s still in mexico eatin burritos or should i say quesadillas?;)

Site Rules

These rules are simple. Be helpful and informative and don't be a jackass. Since that is subjective though, here is explicitly what is forbidden.

Signature/Avatar Guidelines
- Signatures should not be so wide that they stretch the user's post beyond the normal page boundary. They also should be no greater than 250 pixels in height. Embeded images in signatures should be no larger than 250 kilobytes in size.

Animated signatures are only allowed when they are not flashing and distracting.

- Avatars should be no greater than 100 kilobytes in size.

#17 Symbiote

Symbiote
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Ragnaros
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:54 PM

http://ptr.wowhead.c...Gh0cdL0z:LNaMVm

or

http://ptr.wowhead.c...Gh0cdr0z:LNaMVm

hmmmm may be but atleast i live in U.S.A and ya as-s still in mexico eatin burritos or should i say quesadillas?;)

Site Rules

These rules are simple. Be helpful and informative and don't be a jackass. Since that is subjective though, here is explicitly what is forbidden.

Signature/Avatar Guidelines
- Signatures should not be so wide that they stretch the user's post beyond the normal page boundary. They also should be no greater than 250 pixels in height. Embeded images in signatures should be no larger than 250 kilobytes in size.

Animated signatures are only allowed when they are not flashing and distracting.

- Avatars should be no greater than 100 kilobytes in size.

#18 Friendlies

Friendlies

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:41 PM

isnt the whole reason for the white dps haste to increase ppm of killing machine? I wonder how much 25% haste will increase your dps (sick 20% gains on partners though)
Posted ImagePosted Image

U Mad?

#19 Friendlies

Friendlies

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:44 PM

Would you give up 15% damage for a ghoul? especially if you don't use the ghoul glyph.

Also, Necrosis + BCB + 25% Haste might be better? Along with the obliterate spam making HUGE RP gains from dirge(if you chose to give up 2/5 Tundra Stalker) + cotg, making it easier to spam death coils as well?

Melee Attacks spamming all kinds of passive burst damage while you oblit/death coil sounds better to me than a 15k hp ghoul that hits for 450ish (no room for ghoul glyph)

Just sayin

Would wet myself if DK's next patch were able to

- 20% Shadow Damage On Autoattacks
- Blood Caked Blade (If Threat of Tharassian worked for that: lulz)
- Spam Ranged 6k (8500 with CG) Deathcoils that added the extra unholy blight DoT
- 2 Runeforge Enchants
- Hungering Cold
- 12k? Obliterates
- 25% Haste to increase procs of Necrosis, Blood Caked Blade, Fallen Crusader(LOL spam heals on yourself)
- 20% haste to your partners (Glowy fuckin' handz brah)

If it works than this would be the spec to do it:
http://ptr.wowhead.c...ZfMG0xcz:LNa0Vm
Posted ImagePosted Image

U Mad?

#20 Friendlies

Friendlies

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:12 PM

might be fuckin cleavetastic

it shall be called "lawl did they really make that happen coiloblitfrostunholy spec of the nexim"
Posted ImagePosted Image

U Mad?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<