#161 Aneraxium

Aneraxium
  • Recneps
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 24 July 2009 - 08:37 PM

And all you have to do to lower burst(Not alot but it would deff help) is make conflag a 1.5 sec cast matching the GCD so it doesnt effect Pve dmg.

ROFL

2500 3s

gg
I'm pretty much the best thing this game has ever seen.

#162 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies

Posted 24 July 2009 - 08:42 PM

Yeah, I hate to team/rating bash, but pretty funny reading about a warrior playing cleave whining about warlocks.

#163 Aesa

Aesa
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 24 July 2009 - 08:44 PM

i have an idea

lets be friends :D
selling my r1 druid 350$ very good pve/pvp feral/resto sets, 10k+ gold etc

#164 Aquos

Aquos
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Brewmaster 0/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 1139
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:22 PM

YEAH BRO DESTRUCTION IS SO OVERPOWERED JK IM THREK

Let's see, Warriors, DK's, Rogues, Feral Druids, all can lockdown a Warlock with minimal effort, Paladins/Priests/Warlocks can all insta-dispel Immolate before you even get to Conflagrate.

Yup, sounds like Destruction is overpowered.

If any melee class EVER EVER EVER complains about ANY aspect of Warlocks, he's obviously a brain dead pencil or something, so their opinion is invalid.

#165 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:06 AM

And all you have to do to lower burst(Not alot but it would deff help) is make conflag a 1.5 sec cast matching the GCD so it doesnt effect Pve dmg.

That would probably be the worst change to destro for both PvP and PvE since the release of WoW.

You never, ever make an core, instant ability a "1.5 second cast so it doesn't affect PvE" because it would be an outright lie to even pretend as much.

In more direct terms for you, making conflag a 1.5 sec cast would be a outright nerf to warlocks in PvE. Killing patchwerk does not make you a PvE superstar.

Do I need more bold to get my point across?

Lets put it this way: make all melee abilities 1.5 (or 1.0 for rogues/ferals/uh presence) casts.

Not only does this stupid idea make your cast vulnerable to pushback and interruption, it makes you less mobile and unable to weave when you need to move with when your instants are coming off CD/dots falling off.
화이팅

#166 littlej91

littlej91
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:29 AM

YEAH BRO DESTRUCTION IS SO OVERPOWERED JK IM THREK

Let's see, Warriors, DK's, Rogues, Feral Druids, all can lockdown a Warlock with minimal effort, Paladins/Priests/Warlocks can all insta-dispel Immolate before you even get to Conflagrate.

Yup, sounds like Destruction is overpowered.

If any melee class EVER EVER EVER complains about ANY aspect of Warlocks, he's obviously a brain dead pencil or something, so their opinion is invalid.

Yes, Destro locks can be shut down by melee. In fact, many teams tend to adopt this strat. The class is based around hard casts, which naturally, due to interrupts and knockbacks, are hard to get off. Destro tends to do damage within the tiny bits of time when their opponents are controlled or through instant casts.

To make destruction viable at high ratings, the damage they have been allowed to do during those small bits of time as well as their instant cast damage has been buffed to the point where they can win matches even while locked down, just from the sheer damage their crits can do.

This system however does not promote rewarding skill because it tends to be a more of a dice roll in who will win or not. In Wizard Cleave I've played plenty of matches where we outplay our opponents bad but they can win just because they train my lock. Yet I can also recall many quick matches where we made many mistakes yet our lock was able to get 2-3 casts off and someone would die with little coordination and effort.

The fact of the matter is, while playing those melee classes there is a feeling that you HAVE to sit on the lock, just because if not, at any point in time you might get globaled down.

Destruction is not overpowered ALL the time, but it is when it crits, and while people attacking destruction generally see from the point of view where destro gets chain crits, while the people defending it generally see it from an overall point of view where it is in fact, not all that great.

#167 Aquos

Aquos
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:32 AM

Yeah, those Warlocks with 3% crit are super deadly. Anyways, why would a melee NOT sit on a Warlock. Aside from having no escapes from melee classes, Warlocks are also the squishiest class in the game.

#168 Horrible

Horrible
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 25 July 2009 - 04:03 AM

and then the warlock gets to free cast for 4 seconds and one shots someone

#169 Aquos

Aquos
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 25 July 2009 - 04:05 AM

If a Warlock 1 shots someone it's because they're in greens and deserve it.

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 2/1/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1369
  • 3v3: 1584
  • RBG: 384

Posted 25 July 2009 - 04:19 AM

If a Warlock 1 shots someone it's because they're in greens and deserve it.

http://img12.imagesh.../fuckdestro.jpg

k. Yes he has low resilience, but please, don't make retarded statements like that.

Believe it or not I'm a nice guy with a mild mannered personality. So no, i wouldn't "choke someone", even though my 6pack abs allow me to do that

#171 Zuin

Zuin

Posted 25 July 2009 - 04:26 AM

ROFL funniest fucking shit i've read on the lock forums..

QFT
Thuggish Ruggish Bone.

#172 Aasgeir

Aasgeir
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Jaedenar
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 25 July 2009 - 05:22 AM

OMG 2 OF THE HEALERS CAN STOP OUR 20K-IN-A-MOMENT-BURST IF WE DONT USE A 30 SEC CD TO STOP IT. SOUND THE ALARMS BEEP BEEP!!

but really, chaos bolt followed up with conf does suck redicolous damage, you should require to use some kind of cooldown to get it off all by your own.

Shadowfury, immolate, deathcoil, chaosbolt+conf, shadowurn. with some crits, you can't really survive that.

and remember, this is just on your own. have your partner help out. 1 cheap shot, gouge, hex, poly, hammer, etc is enough to get off a damage chain strong enough to kill anyone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<