Davick
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shadow Council
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Retribution
  • RBG: 960

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:11 AM

How exactly were they supposed to peel or stop the damage? One was feared, the other stunned/deathcoiled and not in melee range.

#42 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:13 AM

Good thing all of you have high rated 5s to have a clue about how it goes for a desto lock in 5s

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 2/1/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1369
  • 3v3: 1584
  • RBG: 384

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:14 AM

I love how you completely ignored my point that a Destro Warlock can kill a target unassisted in a global cooldown span using only 2 ~20 second cooldowns, each time forcing the other team to use a major cooldown to prevent it. If I use Pain Suppression on the Shadowfury stun and survive the first burst, what cooldown do I use on the second? Assuming I survive the pet silence I might be able to use Desperate Prayer, but after that I'm SoL.

Believe it or not I'm a nice guy with a mild mannered personality. So no, i wouldn't "choke someone", even though my 6pack abs allow me to do that

#44 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:15 AM

5 seconds of casting? It requires 1.5 seconds for immolate and then chaosbolt (2.5 seconds? not sure) + conflag.

1.5 seconds of CoE, 1.5 seconds of Immolate, 2 seconds of CB.

Even if you cut the CoE out, it's still a very long time to react.

Sure, if the guy said "I was feared, got hit by shadowfury and died", I wouldn't have cared, but the warlock is popping his longest CDs. Alarm bells would ring for me.

#45 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:16 AM

I love how you completely ignored my point that a Destro Warlock can kill a target unassisted in a global cooldown span using only 2 ~20 second cooldowns, each time forcing the other team to use a major cooldown to prevent it. If I use Pain Suppression on the Shadowfury stun and survive the first burst, what cooldown do I use on the second? Assuming I survive the pet silence I might be able to use Desperate Prayer, but after that I'm SoL.

Yeah, kick is such a major CD.

Sure, if the guy said "I was feared, got hit by shadowfury and died", I wouldn't have cared, but the warlock is popping his longest CDs. Alarm bells would ring for me.

This is how I feel. Any time I fight another destro lock and I see him winding up a CB/Conflag I'm doing my damndest to mitigate or block it. Usually it's as easy as just LoSing. So many times I see a warlock winding up and my partner(s) just sitting around with a thumb up their ass as if they can just stand in the open and be fine. Why bells don't go off for some people (and then they come here complaining about it), I really don't know. You'd think they'd learn eventually.
화이팅

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:16 AM

The difference is that frost strike chains don't require 5 seconds of casting. Like I said, I'm not even defending destro burst, I'm saying that the guy is silly for attempting to tank it without using any CDs.

Frost Strike burst is completely countered by a set-and-forget Abolish Disease or Cleansing Totem. It doesn't require immense setup to chain massive frost strike crits, but it does require extensive cooldown usage.

Disease Cleanses and Dispels are the only thing currently keeping Destro Locks and Frost DKs in check.

Believe it or not I'm a nice guy with a mild mannered personality. So no, i wouldn't "choke someone", even though my 6pack abs allow me to do that

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:22 AM

Yeah, kick is such a major CD.

And what would you propose a team such as Rogue/Druid should use to prevent Shadowfury->Fear->Immo->Fear->CB->Conflag on the Rogue? Bash is a one minute cooldown, Cloak is a 1 minute cooldown (although unless the Rogue cloaks the Shadowfury, they will eat the entire duration of the chain,) Cyclone can be spell locked and bash is also a 1 minute cooldown.

We can sit here and argue between different situations but the fact remains that Warlocks can and do routinely global players with zero assisted burst. If you'd like to imply that every single time it is preventable and that all players allowing themselves to succumb to being global'd are bad, I think I might have to disagree with you.

#48 zUkUu

zUkUu
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Destromath
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents:

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:23 AM

have rogue or warri.
check
tell him he should just brainless attack and inreruppt the wls casting
check
?
profit.

Immolate needs dispel protection. and be it like 30%.
in particular priests have it way to easy.

or make it less mana costy at least.

so far
zUkUu
:warlock: Destruction Duel Guide 2 by zUkUu
http://www.warcraftm...w.php?id=121739

#49 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:28 AM

So go on then, baring in mind warlocks are performing worse than shaman at high rating, and just slightly above hunters, clocking in at 9th, how would you fix destro?

#50 Rime

Rime
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:30 AM

Frost Strike burst is completely countered by a set-and-forget Abolish Disease or Cleansing Totem. It doesn't require immense setup to chain massive frost strike crits, but it does require extensive cooldown usage.

Disease Cleanses and Dispels are the only thing currently keeping Destro Locks and Frost DKs in check.

I agree immo dispel protection is a touchy subject since destro hits extremely hard, but the spec revolves around having immo up at all times and without it we are really gimped. if we can't conflag we lose, badly, simple as that.

and all PvP DKs have dispel protection, even frost DKs. tier 1 unholy talent.

#51 Mearis

Mearis
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-The Venture Co
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:35 AM

I agree immo dispel protection is a touchy subject since destro hits extremely hard, but the spec revolves around having immo up at all times and without it we are really gimped. if we can't conflag we lose, badly, simple as that.

and all PvP DKs have dispel protection, even frost DKs. tier 1 unholy talent.

yes, but disease removal abilities are stronger than dispelling abilities (abolish vs dispell)

#52 rinn

rinn
  • Rinnyo
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:42 AM

any warlock asking for dispell protection without a massive damage nerf is pretty much retarded. also the warlock who said shamans preform worse than locks are high rating...uuuh, no. realy the only bad thing about warlocks is how easy pets are to kill. there are PLENTY of really high rated warlocks, nien is like...2800-2900 mmr in every bracket (also 50% of the top 3v3 teams in world have warlocks on them) so please stop acting like getting an immo-> conflag off is so hard to the point where it is [dispell protection] needed to be succesful, because it's clearly not.
RINNWERKX: iLYxoxoox
lupacob - US Vengeance: <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#53 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:47 AM

any warlock asking for dispell protection without a massive damage nerf is pretty much retarded. also the warlock who said shamans preform worse than locks are high rating...uuuh, no. realy the only bad thing about warlocks is how easy pets are to kill.

http://www.realmhist...-breakdown.html

3v3 is what the game is supposedly balanced around.

Proper link this time!

#54 rinn

rinn
  • Rinnyo
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:49 AM

you linked a video about someone dyign to drug addiction to prove your point? and warlocks do just as well in 5v5 too if that's what you're trying to say?

#55 bfn

bfn
  • Members

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:56 AM

any warlock asking for dispell protection without a massive damage nerf is pretty much Vaxitylol. also the warlock who said shamans preform worse than locks are high rating...uuuh, no. realy the only bad thing about warlocks is how easy pets are to kill. there are PLENTY of really high rated warlocks, nien is like...2800-2900 mmr in every bracket (also 50% of the top 3v3 teams in world have warlocks on them) so please stop acting like getting an immo-> conflag off is so hard to the point where it is [dispell protection] needed to be succesful, because it's clearly not.

fixed

#56 Xoth

Xoth
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:56 AM

Just no

1 Fail to dispell immo in time = lose the game and your account implodes, all chars deleted and banned from battle.net

#57 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:01 AM

you linked a video about someone dyign to drug addiction to prove your point? and warlocks do just as well in 5v5 too if that's what you're trying to say?

hahahaha, wrong link.

#58 Wardeath

Wardeath
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:04 AM

I like how every 2k season 6 scrub comes in here to post saying we can't get dispell protection on immolate because otherwise we would be invincible and kill everything in one GCD. I like how everybody is bitching and saying we can single handily kill any healer. Except from the looks of it we have to get CoE up, get immo up, shadowfury both of them, fear the dps, chaos bolt, conflag healer, pop spell lock, cast incinerate (hoping the dps we feared isn't going to kick or cc), after incinerate we need to death coil, cast another incinerate followed by a shadowburn to hopefully kill someone off. If that doesn't work...guess what. We have to sit around and jack off for death coil to come back up to attempt it again.

If you are a warrior you won't get feared
if you are a dk you have a pet to stun, you have shields and icebound every minute as well as pet sack.
if you are a rogue you have cloak, stuns, vanishes, gouges.
ferals...meh
rets should just be globaling our pets to stop any spell locks/devours and should be spamming dispell in their free GCDS (which they have tons lol) to dispell immolate and hell even with a 30% chance to not dispell it they'd most likely always get it.

#59 Horrible

Horrible
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:15 AM

Are there honestly high rated destro locks that think that the class is fine how it is?

#60 rinn

rinn
  • Rinnyo
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:16 AM

sadly yes

0 user(s) are reading this topic