Pau
  • Members

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:05 AM

corruption?

#22 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:09 AM

This happened to me against shaman/destro lock at 2.6k rating. I got almost instagibbed by the lock so i LOS him to heal myself. My druid gets immolated then lock does death coil on druid and then shadowfury on me. Chaos bolt+conflagrate on my druid. 2 11k+ crit and my druid dies instantly. We won most of the time against them because feral druids are kinda good against locks but if i got CCed for 2 sec my druid could get globaled from 100% hp.
You guy bitching about not having immolate protection? This is just so stupid its not even funny. You have the best burst ever seen in wow and the only way to lower the burst a bit is to dispel your immolate instantly. If you want immolate protection you need to lose a lot of burst.

Uh so you farmed a warlock team using the highest dps melee in the game, then once, the stars aligned, you left your feral alone for 12 seconds without dispelling him, and he got gibbed when he didn't interrupt the 3.5 seconds of casting required?

#23 Abdoom

Abdoom
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Boulderfist
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:13 AM

corruption?

If you're clueless, just read the thread. You don't have to post.

#24 Candypants

Candypants
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:14 AM

Uh so you farmed a warlock team using the highest dps melee in the game, then once, the stars aligned, you left your feral alone for 12 seconds without dispelling him, and he got gibbed when he didn't interrupt the 3.5 seconds of casting required?

He was at 100% health and when i tried to dispel immolate i got shadowfury and within that shadowfury he dropped my druid that have 25k health. This happened more than one time. Also hex on me and fear on druid at the same time and its pretty much game over if i dont have trinket ready. It wasnt 12 sec alone it was 2 seconds. And how the fuck can he interrupt when he is skillcoiled like i said? Maim got a long CD and you cant waste too much combo points on it cuz then you do shit dmg

#25 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:23 AM

You said you nearly got instagibbed, so unless you have like 8k health and nearly died to Shadowburn + Incinerate, you got hit by CB + Conflag.

There's a 12 second CD on Chaos Bolt, so you must have left your druid alone for at least 12 seconds for him to be readying his burst when you got back.

Secondly, Shadowfury has a 0.5 sec GCD. Death Coil has a 1.5 sec GCD. That leaves 1 second of you stuck in a Shadowfury, and 1 second further before his Chaos Bolt hits?

Unless he Death Coiled first, in which case your feral now has time to interrupt.

At the very least, he didn't even pop barkskin. I really don't understand what you are expecting to do when a destro lock pops all his CDs and you don't even trinket, let alone use your defensive CDs.

#26 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:34 AM

Yeah, it's pretty much a trend that someone who gets "globaled" by a warlock didn't use any CDs, didn't interrupt/stun/gouge any of the casters, and didn't have any absorbs/hots already rolling.

But they always conveniently ignore that in favor of blaming OP burst rather than bad play.

I suppose we all do that when we lose, though.
화이팅

#27 Mearis

Mearis
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-The Venture Co
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:39 AM

Honestly, destruction playstyle is the dumbest fucking thing in the game. A class that is useless if sat on but if given a 3 second window can reliably drop 20k+ burst on someone with nearly zero set up is so stupid in arena.

I'd rather they nerfed destruction and gave back SL to affliction (but not the ridiculous fear) rather than turned warlocks into frost mages with twice the burst and half the control.

#28 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:40 AM

That solves nothing.
화이팅

#29 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:49 AM

Honestly, destruction playstyle is the dumbest fucking thing in the game. A class that is useless if sat on but if given a 3 second window can reliably drop 20k+ burst on someone with nearly zero set up is so stupid in arena.

Yeah, it absolutely is, but some of these whines are just utterly retarded.

If you fight a ret, he pops wings and HoJ while you don't even trinket, you'd expect to die.

#30 Candypants

Candypants
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:51 AM

You said you nearly got instagibbed, so unless you have like 8k health and nearly died to Shadowburn + Incinerate, you got hit by CB + Conflag.

There's a 12 second CD on Chaos Bolt, so you must have left your druid alone for at least 12 seconds for him to be readying his burst when you got back.

Secondly, Shadowfury has a 0.5 sec GCD. Death Coil has a 1.5 sec GCD. That leaves 1 second of you stuck in a Shadowfury, and 1 second further before his Chaos Bolt hits?

Unless he Death Coiled first, in which case your feral now has time to interrupt.

At the very least, he didn't even pop barkskin. I really don't understand what you are expecting to do when a destro lock pops all his CDs and you don't even trinket, let alone use your defensive CDs.

As i said he popped deathcoil first and my druid then ran los from me more and when i rounded the pillar i got shadowfury stun. How can feral druid maim from range? And he might have had CD on it too. Bear form take a global also. Barkskin got a CD too. This burst is not just happening one time in a game you know. Anyway the point is, doing 22k+ dmg in one CD is not acceptable even if immolate can get dispelled. The dispeller can get CCed. And don't fucking blame it on bad play since there was nothing we can do about it and even if i could trinket the stun, its not very easy to predict that druid will get 22k dmg so its not very smart to waste trinket like that. And i got nearly gibbed by immolate, silence, insta incinerate, insta conflagrate crit, lava burst and shadow burn.

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 2/1/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1369
  • 3v3: 1584
  • RBG: 384

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:52 AM

Those are our major CDs. The only thing with a longer CD is death coil or fel dom.

Major CDs aren't on 20 second cooldowns. Warlock burst requires minute cooldowns in most cases to prevent (CloS, for example.)

Believe it or not I'm a nice guy with a mild mannered personality. So no, i wouldn't "choke someone", even though my 6pack abs allow me to do that

#32 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:53 AM

Major CDs aren't on 20 second cooldowns. Warlock burst requires minute cooldowns in most cases to prevent (CloS, for example.)

Death Coil is 2 min.

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:01 AM

If you fight a ret, he pops wings and HoJ while you don't even trinket, you'd expect to die.

A ret with wings and HoJ (2 minute and 30 second cooldown, respectively) is a joke to heal through as a Priest. A Warlock with Pet silence, Death Coil and Shadowfury (24 seconds, 2 minutes, and 20 seconds respectively) is impossible to heal through on myself as a Disc Priest.

Basically the best example I can give is that the most damage I've ever taken in a GCD from a Ret Paladin (Full crits + seal crits + DMC Death + Wings + Insane PvE gear) was something like 14k. I've easily taken 16k+ from Chaos Bolt+Conflag which takes only Fear->Immo->Shadowfury to set up. The pet silence and death coil usually result in me dying, with the death coil usually being overkill. The difference is that a Ret Paladin requires insane PvE gear and full procs with RNG to do less than a Warlock with full PvP gear save 2pc t8.25 can do 3 times in a minute.

Obviously you can debate that Warlock burst requires setup and beat to death what has been said already, but the fact remains, the damage is completely out of control.

Believe it or not I'm a nice guy with a mild mannered personality. So no, i wouldn't "choke someone", even though my 6pack abs allow me to do that

#34 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:03 AM

And don't fucking blame it on bad play since there was nothing we can do about it and even if i could trinket the stun, its not very easy to predict that druid will get 22k dmg so its not very smart to waste trinket like that. And i got nearly gibbed by immolate, silence, insta incinerate, insta conflagrate crit, lava burst and shadow burn.

It's not very easy to predict you're going to get bursted, when the warlock applies CoE to what he's hitting, casts Immolate, blows some CDs an then charges up a 2 second cast?

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:03 AM

Death Coil is 2 min.

There are ways around Immolate dispel for Destruction Warlocks. I won't get into them all, but there are at least 3 that require only short cooldowns (Shadowfury+Pet Silence either alone or combined are enough to get off a conflag into a CB which can almost kill anything without a them blowinga MAJOR CD.)

never mentioned Death Coil

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:05 AM

It's not very easy to predict you're going to get bursted, when the warlock applies CoE to what he's hitting, casts Immolate, blows some CDs an then charges up a 2 second cast?

I can see a Warlock killing me 5 seconds before it starts, sure. I'd love to know what you'd like me to do about it while I'm feared.

#37 Mearis

Mearis
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-The Venture Co
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:05 AM

You don't see many people defending ret or frost DKs do you? Ilfix aside most people don't yammer about all the things you should have done when you eat 3 crit frost strikes in a row.

Yes, there are counters to every single situation in WoW, and theorycrafting about 'you should have done this when he did this' is dumb - the point is situations where a single class reliably drops 20k+ burst in 2 GCDs even if they are somewhat preventable are awful for the game.

#38 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:06 AM

A ret with wings and HoJ (2 minute and 30 second cooldown, respectively) is a joke to heal through as a Priest. A Warlock with Pet silence, Death Coil and Shadowfury (24 seconds, 2 minutes, and 20 seconds respectively) is impossible to heal through on myself as a Disc Priest.

Basically the best example I can give is that the most damage I've ever taken in a GCD from a Ret Paladin (Full crits + seal crits + DMC Death + Wings + Insane PvE gear) was something like 14k. I've easily taken 16k+ from Chaos Bolt+Conflag which takes only Fear->Immo->Shadowfury to set up. The pet silence and death coil usually result in me dying, with the death coil usually being overkill. The difference is that a Ret Paladin requires insane PvE gear and full procs with RNG to do less than a Warlock with full PvP gear save 2pc t8.25 can do 3 times in a minute.

Obviously you can debate that Warlock burst requires setup and beat to death what has been said already, but the fact remains, the damage is completely out of control.

I'm not arguing that destro burst isn't retarded, I'm arguing that if a class pops every CD they have while the other team pops zero and doesn't peel, then stuff usually dies.

#39 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:07 AM

You don't see many people defending ret or frost DKs do you? Ilfix aside most people don't yammer about all the things you should have done when you eat 3 crit frost strikes in a row.

The difference is that frost strike chains don't require 5 seconds of casting. Like I said, I'm not even defending destro burst, I'm saying that the guy is silly for attempting to tank it without using any CDs.

#40 Mearis

Mearis
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-The Venture Co
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:08 AM

The difference is that frost strike chains don't require 5 seconds of casting. Like I said, I'm not even defending destro burst, I'm saying that the guy is silly for attempting to tank it without using any CDs.

5 seconds of casting? It requires 1.5 seconds for immolate and then chaosbolt (2.5 seconds? not sure) + conflag.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<