• Recneps
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:17 AM

x

can't ignore forever imo
I'm pretty much the best thing this game has ever seen.

#2 Mrly

Mrly
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:19 AM

If I miss one immolate dispel, the games over my team loses. In any bracket for the most part. Its the opposite concept of UA, how would immolate with big dispel protection be fair with the way warlock burst is.

#3 Aneraxium

Aneraxium
  • Recneps
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:21 AM

considering immolate can be dispelled before conflagerate is even able to be used, I'd say some dispel protection is in order

because if we aren't able to get off our immolate then we have literally no burst damage

so whats more fair
you having a chance to heal through the burst damage
and allowing us immolate dispel protection

or you dispeling immolate before we're able to even cast conflag
and completely gimping our damage to the point of auto loss in arena

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 2/1/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1369
  • 3v3: 1584
  • RBG: 384

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:21 AM

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=30064

You already have Immolate dispel protection, right?

There are ways around Immolate dispel for Destruction Warlocks. I won't get into them all, but there are at least 3 that require only short cooldowns (Shadowfury+Pet Silence either alone or combined are enough to get off a conflag into a CB which can almost kill anything without a them blowinga MAJOR CD.)

Believe it or not I'm a nice guy with a mild mannered personality. So no, i wouldn't "choke someone", even though my 6pack abs allow me to do that

#5 Aneraxium

Aneraxium
  • Recneps
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:24 AM

so basically we're to blow
Spell Lock - Having issues with possible mana burns/poly morphs/frostbolt spam later on
Shadowfury - Cleave teams destroying the Warlock or raping the healer

Shadowfury and Spell Lock are both major cds for the Warlock class
especially in 3s

also
lol @ you linking contagion

#6 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:30 AM

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=30064

You already have Immolate dispel protection, right?

There are ways around Immolate dispel for Destruction Warlocks. I won't get into them all, but there are at least 3 that require only short cooldowns (Shadowfury+Pet Silence either alone or combined are enough to get off a conflag into a CB which can almost kill anything without a them blowinga MAJOR CD.)

:confused:

Those are our major CDs. The only thing with a longer CD is death coil or fel dom.

More often than not we can't kill something without chaining those CDs inbetween casts, so if we use them just to get immo/conflag then we don't have them when we need them and the target just gets full healed because of the delay between conflag and getting a cb/incin off (which will also now not be paired with an instant, sans a lucky backlash).

As much as you guys like to bitch about destro lolglobaling someone, it just doesn't happen like that in the vast majority of games.
화이팅

#7 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:31 AM

If immolate wasn't easily removable, there'd be almost no way to stop a warlock team in 5s, and probably 3s.

#8 Aneraxium

Aneraxium
  • Recneps
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:33 AM

If immolate wasn't easily removable, there'd be almost no way to stop a warlock team in 5s, and probably 3s.

.. how about.. focusing the Warlock and interrupting the fire tree?

You have to be retarded if you think that "there'd be almost no way to stop a warlock team in 5s, and probably 3s." if immolate had dispel protection

still squishy as fuck

#9 Mrly

Mrly
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:36 AM

As much as you guys like to bitch about destro lolglobaling someone, it just doesn't happen like that in the vast majority of games.

You know why people bitch about it, because when an immolate isnt dispelled instantly, its gameover lolglobal. Now if you here bitching about it without dispel protection, if you had it, thats all you would hear and every game would be retarded. Don't be dense and try to say your burst isnt so incredible over the top by just using 2 spells that dispel protection should be fine.

#10 Deviouss

Deviouss

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:37 AM

Contagion affects affliction not destro lol and its like 40 points into aff
and yeah i cant kill anything with just CB/Conflag other than a rogue with less then 300 resil and 19k health
Posted Image

#11 Deviouss

Deviouss

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:39 AM

You know why people bitch about it, because when an immolate isnt dispelled instantly, its gameover lolglobal. Now if you here bitching about it without dispel protection, if you had it, thats all you would hear and every game would be retarded. Don't be dense and try to say your burst isnt so incredible over the top by just using 2 spells that dispel protection should be fine.

when immolate isnt dispelled instantly you mean like warrior warrior who has no dispell and hard counters warlocks right?
oh and dk druid
oh rogue druid

yeah immolate not being dispelled really = instant loss
Posted Image

#12 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:40 AM

.. how about.. focusing the Warlock and interrupting the fire tree?

You have to be retarded if you think that "there'd be almost no way to stop a warlock team in 5s, and probably 3s." if immolate had dispel protection

still squishy as fuck

Squishy against melee, maybe. Nether prot is still amazing, a single person that isn't a rogue (lol rogues in 5s) can't lock out a lock themselves, and tunneling a lock is a good way to get out-CCed and bursted. I'm not saying it's impossible to kill a lock, or to heal a lock's team's damage, but if what you were saying was actually true, you wouldn't be getting immolates and conflags off at all, much less needing dispel protection for them.

#13 Aneraxium

Aneraxium
  • Recneps
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:41 AM

How is it game over?

Conflagerate hits for me non crit about 6k, same with chaosbolt
critting against priests it usually does about under 10k damage
not to mention that the resilience that any priest will have is going to reduce my crit chnace by about 10% anyway

also its still always possible to interrupt chaosbolt or immolate before they are able to get off their burst

you're retarded if you think that its game over just because a Warlock can get off 1 burst rotation
its all RNG crit dependent , which is retarded in itself but heh thats the way it goes with Destruction

#14 Aneraxium

Aneraxium
  • Recneps
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:42 AM

Squishy against melee, maybe. Nether prot is still amazing, a single person that isn't a rogue (lol rogues in 5s) can't lock out a lock themselves, and tunneling a lock is a good way to get out-CCed and bursted. I'm not saying it's impossible to kill a lock, or to heal a lock's team's damage, but if what you were saying was actually true, you wouldn't be getting immolates and conflags off at all, much less needing dispel protection for them.

Warriors and Rogues both do an extremely amazing job at locking out Warlocks
Death Knights can lock out Warlocks just as easily, we only have an advantage though because of Nether Protection, which can be dispelled

Also, did you really just say "lol rogues in 5s"
FoK spam is bad I hear?

#15 Neo

Neo
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:43 AM

Dispel protection can happen once damage isn't over the top.

#16 Mrly

Mrly
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:44 AM

#17 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:47 AM

It's luckily not very common here. Maybe your bgroup has a lot, where we seem to have very few. I merely meant how it seems that if a rogue is tunneling a lock, you can just swap to the rogue and force him off. If he's just spamming FoK in your near vicinity, then okay. Gotcha.

If what you were saying was actually true, you wouldn't be getting immolates and conflags off to need dispel protection. And I'm obviously biased speaking as a priest, since that's basically my job against warlock teams. But if it didn't come off easily, I'd be pretty useless, since I can't heal that kind of damage.

If your burst wasn't so fucking retarded, dispel protection would be completely reasonable.

#18 rinn

rinn
  • Rinnyo
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 23 July 2009 - 07:05 AM

^
RINNWERKX: iLYxoxoox
lupacob - US Vengeance: <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#19 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 23 July 2009 - 07:40 AM

Uh, how do teams without a defensive dispel beat warlocks then?

Oh, you can block burst by doing more than mashing one button. Who'd have thunk.

It's luckily not very common here. Maybe your bgroup has a lot, where we seem to have very few. I merely meant how it seems that if a rogue is tunneling a lock, you can just swap to the rogue and force him off. If he's just spamming FoK in your near vicinity, then okay. Gotcha.

If what you were saying was actually true, you wouldn't be getting immolates and conflags off to need dispel protection. And I'm obviously biased speaking as a priest, since that's basically my job against warlock teams. But if it didn't come off easily, I'd be pretty useless, since I can't heal that kind of damage.

If your burst wasn't so fucking retarded, dispel protection would be completely reasonable.

And then we come to frost mages, who have quite a bit of trash debuffs and dispel resistance, but yet priests still do a-okay. Next you'll be telling me you let ele shaman or mages freecast because you'd get out-cc'd and lose if you didn't. (Apparently sitting on one of the teams main CCers and DPSers = that team doing bonus CC and DPS.)
화이팅

#20 Candypants

Candypants
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:02 AM

This happened to me against shaman/destro lock at 2.6k rating. I got almost instagibbed by the lock so i LOS him to heal myself. My druid gets immolated then lock does death coil on druid and then shadowfury on me. Chaos bolt+conflagrate on my druid. 2 11k+ crit and my druid dies instantly. We won most of the time against them because feral druids are kinda good against locks but if i got CCed for 2 sec my druid could get globaled from 100% hp.
You guy bitching about not having immolate protection? This is just so stupid its not even funny. You have the best burst ever seen in wow and the only way to lower the burst a bit is to dispel your immolate instantly. If you want immolate protection you need to lose a lot of burst.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<