Jump to content

New Video Section


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Posts: 6889

Posted 28 January 2008 - 08:16 AM

Tonight we have put in a new video section.

Each video page includes a Stage6 Stream, a download link to the high-res version, a scene list, UI list, music list, and the list of members featured in the video. You have the ability to rate the video as well as each individual player featured in the video.

We dropped in a new comment system that we will be putting in on our other pages. You can filter the comments to show all the comments, Junkies Only, or Non-Junkies only.

We are proud to say that all of the videos were filmed and edited by Junkies from AJ. If you have any videos you would like to submit, please post the video as well as any information we might need to fill out the page in the video forums. If you want to link people to your AJ video page, we wouldn't mind that either :)

Enjoy.

#2 Rlthug

Rlthug
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 170
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:48 AM

Excellent idea.

Thank you very much, this section is really good.

#3 Zione

Zione
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 321
  • Talents: Shadow 2/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 960

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:00 PM

Yet another great feature on AJ, keep em coming Tyveris.

#4 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 6368
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/1/1/.

Posted 28 January 2008 - 08:23 PM

Good stuff man, keep all these great updates and new features coming :)
Posted Image

#5 Xism

Xism
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • TW-尖石
  • 嗜血
  • Posts: 303
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 29 January 2008 - 05:43 AM

Awesome! Streaming as I post :p

#6 Kanukami

Kanukami
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 147
  • Talents:

Posted 29 January 2008 - 06:08 AM

Amazing idea, great job man.  This site just keeps dominating.
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

#7 Penguinsa

Penguinsa
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Demon Soul
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 237
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:41 AM

Awesome job, and its stage6 so i know it will be good quality.

#8 Ridzik

Ridzik
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Anub'arak
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Posts: 1030
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 29 January 2008 - 01:20 PM

The video section is a bad joke. I gave them permission to publish my priest/war vid, they edited half of it out and killed the quality. Are you guys fucking serious?

I'm pretty upset I can tell ya. You ain't never gonna be a substitute for WCM, especially not when you screw vids that where good in the first place and release a fucking badly edited version of it. Close the video section down and ask us to upload uncut and unedited highest ranking fights. Again you ain't never gonna replace WCM but you could create a unique archive for people that want to know how their setup is played and counters others at highest ratings.

#9 Zione

Zione
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 321
  • Talents: Shadow 2/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 960

Posted 29 January 2008 - 02:15 PM

Don't think the goal is to replace WCM, and if your vid got editeted you should probably talk to Tyveris about it instead of bursting out shit.

#10 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Posts: 6889

Posted 29 January 2008 - 05:33 PM

Ridzik said:

The video section is a bad joke. I gave them permission to publish my priest/war vid, they edited half of it out and killed the quality. Are you guys fucking serious?

I'm pretty upset I can tell ya. You ain't never gonna be a substitute for WCM, especially not when you screw vids that where good in the first place and release a fucking badly edited version of it. Close the video section down and ask us to upload uncut and unedited highest ranking fights. Again you ain't never gonna replace WCM but you could create a unique archive for people that want to know how their setup is played and counters others at highest ratings.
My only guess as to what happened is that firefox crashed during the upload, and we ended up somehow with a partial upload onto stage6 that looked complete. Our intentions weren't to edit out your videos, but just to pull out the WCM preroll so that it doesn't look like we are stealing videos off their site. We are not trying to become the "WCM replacement", just offer a new way to watch videos that only come from members of our community.

At your request, the video has been removed. More importantly, please understand that we had no intention to edit out any of the content of your video. Please accept our apologies.

#11 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Posts: 6889

Posted 29 January 2008 - 11:02 PM

We found out what we did wrong with the encoding so we will be updating them as we get the videos reencoded. The quality will be much better :)

#12 Azoth

Azoth
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Posts: 285
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 29 January 2008 - 11:11 PM

For future videos, is there a preferred resolution/ratio you want the videos encoded at?  It seems like you resized all videos using the divx converter or similar software to 720x480.  It will be easier for authors if you release preferred video information so we can upload high quality versions onto filefront that can be placed on stage6.  Also, again on future videos: I'm assuming you want all stage6 videos uploaded under the Arenajunkies account so they can easily be managed and controlled?
Azoth - Tauren Druid <Forgotten Aspects> - www.forgottenaspects.com
Videos: www.warcraftmovies.com/viewauthor.php?id=3159
Blog: http://www.gameriot....s/Respec-Resto/

#13 Ridzik

Ridzik
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Anub'arak
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Posts: 1030
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 29 January 2008 - 11:25 PM

Tyveris said:

We are not trying to become the "WCM replacement", just offer a new way to watch videos that only come from members of our community.

Problem with this is that all these vids are made and tuned for the WCM audience. I pm'ed you about this.

Zione said:

Don't think the goal is to replace WCM, and if your vid got editeted you should probably talk to Tyveris about it instead of bursting out shit.

You may call it "bursting out shit", imho the best way to inform someone of mistakes and provoke immediate action is to say (or write) what you think.

#14 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Posts: 6889

Posted 30 January 2008 - 12:04 AM

Ridzik said:

Problem with this is that all these vids are made and tuned for the WCM audience. I pm'ed you about this.

You may call it "bursting out shit", imho the best way to inform someone of mistakes and provoke immediate action is to say (or write) what you think.
It's still early and its easy enough to revamp things if they aren't working out the way we intended. Our goal was to provide a page that gives much more informative information about the fights and lets you easily see the matchups you know are coming. Want to See Priest/Warrior vs Druid/Warrior? Check out Velvety @ 3:25. If people are actually willing to break down all of their videos into smaller sub videos, it opens a lot more options, but we are assuming they won't have the time to, so we have to improvise.

We don't take offense as long as the intentions are good, and history shows Ridzik is always interested in making the site better. :)

#15 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 5495
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:10 AM

so if someone wants to upload a video to both wcm and aj, you'd have to upload 2 it twice, one without the wcm logo and one without?
Posted Image

#16 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Posts: 6889

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:32 AM

faction said:

so if someone wants to upload a video to both wcm and aj, you'd have to upload 2 it twice, one without the wcm logo and one without?
There were only a few videos that had the preroll, so we didn't think it would be a huge issue. Maybe I just don't fully understand why people add the WCM preroll to their vdeo?

#17 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Posts: 6889

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:34 AM

Azoth said:

For future videos, is there a preferred resolution/ratio you want the videos encoded at?  It seems like you resized all videos using the divx converter or similar software to 720x480.  It will be easier for authors if you release preferred video information so we can upload high quality versions onto filefront that can be placed on stage6.  Also, again on future videos: I'm assuming you want all stage6 videos uploaded under the Arenajunkies account so they can easily be managed and controlled?
Nope, you are welcome to upload them under your own stage6 account. We just had everyones video and verified that it was ok for us to reupload them for the launch of the video section.

We have been doing 720 as it seems to fit the page well. We are going to put together a submission form, but really, whatever is most convenient for the video authors we can work with.

#18 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 5495
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:54 PM

Tyveris said:

There were only a few videos that had the preroll, so we didn't think it would be a huge issue. Maybe I just don't fully understand why people add the WCM preroll to their vdeo?

Quote

You can use these short promo clips in your movies. You will get a free Premium account upgrade for each movie you submit which contains any of the following clips. You will have a better chance of a day in the "Spotlight" on the front page of the site.

If your submition gets approved you will get 1 week free Premium access.
If your movie reach 5000 downloads within that first week you will get an additional month.
If your movie gets recommended you will get 6 months of premium right away.

I'd upload different versions but I upload at like 100kb/s so uploading them to FF+Stage6 then another Stage6 would suck :/
Posted Image

#19 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Posts: 6889

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:32 PM

Hmm, I see. Yeah, uploading them again would suck. Well, our preference would be to not have the preroll in the movie, but we will add them to our section even if you already have the preroll included to cut down on the time you spend uploading.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<