#81 Evergray

Evergray
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Bloodscalp
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 26 December 2009 - 08:37 AM

Simply using basic strategies like “attack the healer” will not get you to the top of the arena ladder.

Except TSG

#82 Qixz

Qixz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darkspear
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:02 AM

Any idea what the addon name is? I hate having totem name plates out.

You can change it to not show Totem/ pet etc name plates... in interface "names"

#83 J4NZKUE

J4NZKUE
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Alonsus
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 08 January 2010 - 09:28 PM

nice post, ty for this and flowchart was sick
what?

#84 Shadowfist

Shadowfist

Posted 17 January 2010 - 01:34 AM

Dk's R BAD

#85 Shadowfist

Shadowfist

Posted 17 January 2010 - 01:35 AM

Evory one knows it

#86 cwj

cwj
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:33 AM

Is good guide and I followed it but I am still bad.

Prot/arcane is viable rite? Counter is druid/druid and at this rating it shits all over :rogue::rogue: :priest::rogue: :shaman::warlock: :mage::rogue: and most :mage::priest: which is all we seem to come up against. :druid::warrior: is doable but boring and often a toughie though.

Is it just good because we are playing at downie mmr where everyone sucks and we get crap rating per win because of previous teams we were in?
Spoiler

2700 rated s8 Gladiator

#87 Tralas

Tralas
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 17 January 2010 - 05:19 PM

to bad for glad

#88 Vindisama

Vindisama
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Scarshield Legion
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Combat
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:33 PM

So like how much can high latency influence how high you are able to reach in arena?

Playing form the end of the world at around 270~ ms over a proxy which seems to not always be stable the highest I managed to get to was 2050~ in 3v3.

I do know I have a lot to still learn and improve in my game play and I also seldom make stupid mistakes.

Is there anyone playing with higher latency and having any success in arena?

#89 Yes

Yes
  • Administrators
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Balance
  • LocationNew York

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:40 PM

nice post, ty for this and flowchart was sick

You're welcome.

#90 bloodwraith

bloodwraith

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:20 PM

Work in Progress. This is what I have so far on a guide to outline things you should know about different classes. I've only done Death Knight so far. If anyone would like to contribute I would appreciate it :D.

This article is meant to cover the spells/talents and anything else you might want to know about each of the 10 classes. Knowing as much as you can about them will help you succeed in arena.

Death Knight

General

• Death Knights have two different resources. Frost/Unholy/Blood Runes (2 of each). Once used these runes have a 10 second cooldown. They also have runic power (100 Maximum) which is generated from using different spells.
  • Presences - Death Knight's have 3 presences. Blood Presence increases damage done by 15% and heals them for 4% of the damage they deal. Frost Presence increases stamina by 6%, armor by 60%, and reduces damage taken by 8%. Unholy Presence increases attack speed by 15%, movement speed by 15%, and reduces the global cooldown by .5 seconds.
  • Diseases (Blood Plague/Frost Fever) - Many of the Death Knight's abilities scale according to how many diseases are on their target so removing them will curve their damage. Diseases last 15 seconds.
  • Pestilence (One Blood) - Spreads existing diseases onto nearby enemies.
  • Death Strike (One Frost One Unholy Rune) - This heals the Death Knight for 5% health per disease they have on their target.
  • Death and Decay (One Blood One Frost One Unholy) (30 Second Cooldown) - AoE spell that the Death Knight can place on the ground. Healers be aware that they can make this hit you if you're drinking around the corner of a pillar.
  • Blood Boil (One Blood) - Another AoE spell. Can be spammed twice in a row if the Death Knight suspects a stealthed enemy is around them.
  • Empower Rune Weapon (5 Minute Cooldown) - Resets the Cooldown on all of the Death Knight's runes and generates 25 runic power.
  • Horn of Winter (Lasts 3 Minutes) - Generates 10 runic power and increases party member strength and agility by 155,
  • Anti-Magic Shell (20 Runic Power) (45 Second Cooldown) (Lasts 5 Seconds) - Absorbs 75% of magic damage (up to 50% of the Death Knight's health) and makes them immune to harmful magical effects. Absorbed damage awards the Death Knight with runic power.
  • Death Pact (40 Runic Power) (2 Minute Cooldown) - Sacrifices the Death Knight's pet (Ghoul or Gargoyle) for 40% of their health.
  • Dark Command (8 Second Cooldown) - Taunts the Death Knight's target. Can be used on enemy pets and on healers to keep them in combat.
  • Icebound Fortitude (20 Runic Power) (2 Minute Cooldown) (Lasts 12 Seconds) - Makes the Death Knight Immune to stun effects and reduces damage received.
  • Strangulate (One Blood) (2 Minute Cooldown) (Lasts 5 Seconds) - Silences the Death Knight's target.
  • Chains of Ice (One Frost) (Lasts 10 Seconds) - Reduces the target's movement speed by 95% and is reduced by 10% each second.
  • Mind Freeze (20 Runic Power) (10 Second Cooldown) - Interrupts a spell cast. Prevents any spell in that school from being cast for 4 seconds.
  • Raise Dead (3 Minute Cooldown) (Lasts 1 Minute) - Summons a Ghoul pet to fight by the Death Knight's side.
  • Death Grip (35 Second Cooldown) - Pulls the target to the Death Knight.

Unholy (0/17/54, 3/17/51, 0/19/52)

• 2 points into Runic Power Mastery which increases their maximum runic power to 130.
  • Lichborne (2 Minute Cooldown) (Lasts 10 Seconds) - Immune to charm, fear, and sleep effects. Breaks Seduce, Fears, and Mind Control. Can also be used to prevent Sap, Polymorph, and Hex but will not break them if they have already been applied. While this is active the Death Knight is considered undead. That means Priest Shackle and Paladin Turn evil will work on them.
  • 2 points into Endless Winter. This reduces the cost of Mind Freeze to no runic power.
  • 3 points into Virulence. This reduces the chance that their diseases can be cured by 30%.
  • 2 points into Epidemic. This increases the duration of diseases by 6 seconds.
  • 2 Points in Morbidity. This reduces the cooldown of Death and Decay by 15 seconds (From 30 seconds).
  • 2 points in Unholy Command. This reduces the cooldown of Death Grip by 10 seconds (From 35 seconds).
  • Corpse Explosion (40 Runic Power) - Not many Death Knights pick this up. It's mostly used on their ghoul pet. Once used on the ghoul it will cast explode for 1.5 seconds and then cause damage equal to 25% of it's health.
  • 2 Points in Night of the Dead. Reduces the cooldown of Raise Dead by 90 seconds (From 3 Minutes).
  • Unholy Blight (Lasts 10 Seconds) - Is applied when Death Knights use Death Coil (Their main runic power ability). Damage equal to 10% of the Death Coil.
  • 2 points in Desecration. This drops a circle around the spot where the Death Knight used Plague Strike or Scourge Strike (Main Strikes). Enemies within this circle have their movement speed reduced by 50%.
  • 3 points in Magic Suppression. This reduces magic damage taken by 6% and increases the amount of spell damage absorbed by Anti-Magic Shell by 25% (From 75%).
  • 3 points in Reaping. When the Death Knight uses Blood Strike or Pestilence the blood runes become Death Runes. Death Runes are considered Blood, Frost, or Unholy Runes.
  • 1 point in Master of Ghouls. Reduces the cooldown of Raise Dead by 60 seconds (From 90 Seconds). This also makes the ghoul a permanent pet.
  • Anti-Magic Zone (2 Minute Cooldown) (Lasts 10 Seconds) - Reduces spell damage received by party members inside the Zone by 75%.
  • 2 points in Improved Unholy Presence. This increases the Death Knight's movement speed by 15% while in Blood or Frost Presence. It also makes runes refresh after 9 seconds instead of 10 while in Unholy Presence.
  • Bone Shield (1 Minute Cooldown) (Lasts 5 Minutes) - 3 Charges. Reduces damage received by 20%. Each attack that hits the Death Knight consumes one charge. While this is up the Death Knights damage is also increases by 2%.
  • Ebon Plaguebringer- Unholy's third disease. Increases disease damage by 30% and magical damage taken by 13%.
  • Summon Gargoyle (3 Minute Cooldown) (Lasts 30 Seconds) - Summons a gargoyle pet to fight alongside the Death Knight.

Pet

• As stated above an Unholy Death Knight's pet is permanent. It has it's own set of spells.
  • Gnaw (1 Minute Cooldown) (Lasts 3 Seconds) - Stuns the ghouls target.
  • Huddle (45 Second Cooldown) (Lasts 10 Seconds) - Reduces damage the ghoul takes by 50%.
  • Leap (20 Second Cooldown) - Leaps to the targeted friend or enemy. So this can be used used both offensively or defensively.

Glyphs

• Glyph of Disease - When Pestilence is used, the duration of all active diseases is refreshed to the maximum.

#91 ifex

ifex
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Destromath
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:45 AM

some good things

#92 polycarp

polycarp
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:27 AM

Not recommended by I seem to play a little better after a drink or two cuz it relaxes me. Being tense can make your brain cluttered which will screw your game up. Oh and being asian makes you good too. (unlike me)

#93 TwistedCross

TwistedCross
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 29 January 2010 - 01:45 AM

Thanks for the add-on suggestions. They helped considerably.

#94 Robaine

Robaine
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Wildhammer
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:45 AM

Bomb post bro... alot of great advice in here... I feel my skill went up from just reading :P

#95 Ridester243

Ridester243
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:52 AM

As the new season is going to start today do you rekon that you will need to change some of this info to deal with the possibiliy that were going back to the good old days of TBC? No more zerging by Ret rogue or some other comp that doesnt really know how to do much xD

#96 summlan

summlan
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:49 PM

As a hunter you should name your char Paul Hogan, wear leather-pants, cowboyhat, dagger and gun and refuse to use any other pet than a crocodile.

#97 ktremblay

ktremblay
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:59 PM

Excellent, excellent piece! Most of it is common sense, but having it laid out is a great asset when you need to link somebody how they should conduct themselves, or when you yourself need a reminder.
Posted Image

#98 stabix

stabix
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:15 PM

tidyplates is a good addon for nameplates aswell. In my opinion better than aloft. Nicely and easily configurable aswell :)

#99 bloodwraith

bloodwraith

Posted 14 March 2010 - 11:46 PM

Made a few changes to the OP.

#100 Bizmark

Bizmark
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Xavius
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Combat 2/1/2/2/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 1238
  • 3v3: 1302

Posted 22 March 2010 - 01:01 PM

You should add that when playing at low ratings you can forget about most tactics and simply over-power a team.

BiS geared teams have specific tactics you can use, but at lower ratings you wont be dealing with perfect players with perfect gear. Sometimes beating down the softest target, regardless of class, can produce results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<