How To: Improve Your Arena Ratings
Posted 27 September 2009 - 07:56 PM
Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:01 PM
That makes 'skill' become a question of finding ways to force the other team make mistakes, rather, create unfamiliar situations for them to have to evaluate quickly which may create a mistake.
Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:52 PM
Hunters are like PoM Pyro mages --- except for them PoM is on a 10 second cooldown.
Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:21 PM
Got a few tips here i could use and try out!
Thanks alot for making this
Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:59 AM
- Play to your own strengths. You'll naturally perform certain aspects of the game better than others, or you may well find that your style of play is particularly suited to a certain setup/strategy. It's important to understand this and tailor your own in-game activities around these strengths. Don't be influenced by others who believe there's a 'one way of play' that might in fact play to your weakness.
- It's really important to have working and comfortable hardware since this is what you'll have to put up with as you train. It's like if you played tennis, you wouldn't just use a bad racket with some holes in it - some old keyboards/mice can be compared to this, I feel, so it's worth bearing in mind.
Sorry if you mentioned these I just wanted to contribute^^
Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:36 PM
Posted 22 November 2009 - 06:15 PM
Also it appears as if warcraft_movies is filtered out on AJ now?
Work in Progress (was on TankSpot but they have maintenance)
This thread is meant to outline info you need to know about other classes (Spells/Talents, etc.). Knowing the capabilities of your opponents is important to succeed in arena.
- Death Knights have two different resources. Frost/Unholy/Blood Runes (2 of each). Once used these runes have a 10 second cooldown. They also have runic power (11 Maximum) which is generated from using different spells.
- Presences - Death Knight's have 3 presences. Blood Presence increases damage done by 15% and heals them for 4% of the damage they deal. Frost Presence increases stamina by 6%, armor by 60%, and reduces damage taken by 8%. Unholy Presence increases attack speed by 15%, movement speed by 15%, and reduces the global cooldown by .5 seconds.
- Diseases (Blood Plague/Frost Fever) - Many of the Death Knight's abilities scale according to how many diseases are on their target so removing them will curve their damage. Diseases last 15 seconds.
- Pestilence (One Blood) - Spreads existing diseases onto nearby enemies.
- Death Strike (One Frost One Unholy Rune) - This heals the Death Knight for 5% health per disease they have on their target.
- Death and Decay (One Blood One Frost One Unholy) (30 Second Cooldown) - AoE spell that the Death Knight can place on the ground. Healers be aware that they can make this hit you if you're drinking around the corner of a pillar.
- Blood Boil (One Blood) - Another AoE spell. Can be spammed twice in a row if the Death Knight suspects a stealthed enemy is around them.
- Empower Rune Weapon (5 Minute Cooldown) - Resets the Cooldown on all of the Death Knight's runes and generates 25 runic power.
- Horn of Winter (Lasts 3 Minutes) - Generates 10 runic power and increases party member strength and agility by 155,
- Anti-Magic Shell (20 Runic Power) (45 Second Cooldown) (Lasts 5 Seconds) - Absorbs 75% of magic damage (up to 50% of the Death Knight's health) and makes them immune to harmful magical effects. Absorbed damage awards the Death Knight with runic power.
- Death Pact (40 Runic Power) (2 Minute Cooldown) - Sacrifices the Death Knight's pet (Ghoul or Gargoyle) for 40% of their health.
- Dark Command (8 Second Cooldown) - Taunts the Death Knight's target. Can be used on enemy pets and on healers to keep them in combat.
- Icebound Fortitude (20 Runic Power) (2 Minute Cooldown) (Lasts 12 Seconds) - Makes the Death Knight Immune to stun effects and reduces damage received.
- Strangulate (One Blood) (2 Minute Cooldown) (Lasts 5 Seconds) - Silences the Death Knight's target.
- Chains of Ice (One Frost) (Lasts 10 Seconds) - Reduces the target's movement speed by 95% and is reduced by 10% each second.
- Mind Freeze (20 Runic Power) (10 Second Cooldown) - Interrupts a spell cast. Prevents any spell in that school from being cast for 4 seconds.
- Raise Dead (3 Minute Cooldown) (Lasts 1 Minute) - Summons a Ghoul pet to fight by the Death Knight's side.
- Death Grip (35 Second Cooldown) - Pulls the target to the Death Knight.
Unholy (0/17/54, 3/17/51, 0/19/52)
- 2 points into Runic Power Mastery which increases their runic power to 130.
- Lichborne (2 Minute Cooldown) (Lasts 10 Seconds) - Immune to charm, fear, and sleep effects. Breaks Seduce, Fears, and Mind Control. Can also be used to prevent Sap, Polymorph, and Hex but will not break them if they have already been applied. While this is active the Death Knight is considered undead. That means Priest Shackle and Paladin Turn evil will work on them.
- 2 points into Endless Winter. This reduces the cost of Mind Freeze to no runic power.
- 3 points into Virulence. This reduces the chance that their diseases can be cured by 30%.
- 2 points into Epidemic. This increases the duration of diseases by 6 seconds.
- 2 Points in Morbidity. This reduces the cooldown of Death and Decay by 15 seconds (From 30 seconds).
- 2 points in Unholy Command. This reduces the cooldown of Death Grip by 10 seconds (From 35 seconds).
- Corpse Explosion (40 Runic Power) - Not many Death Knights pick this up. It's mostly used on their ghoul pet. Once used on the ghoul it will cast explode for 1.5 seconds and then cause damage equal to 25% of it's health.
- 2 Points in Night of the Dead. Reduces the cooldown of Raise Dead by 90 seconds (From 3 Minutes).
- Unholy Blight (Lasts 10 Seconds) - Is applied when Death Knights use Death Coil (Their main runic power ability). Damage equal to 10% of the Death Coil.
- 2 points in Desecration. This drops a circle around the spot where the Death Knight used Plague Strike or Scourge Strike (Main Strikes). Enemies within this circle have their movement speed reduced by 50%.
- 3 points in Magic Suppression. This reduces magic damage taken by 6% and increases the amount of spell damage absorbed by Anti-Magic Shell by 25% (From 75%).
- 3 points in Reaping. When the Death Knight uses Blood Strike or Pestilence the blood runes become Death Runes. Death Runes are considered Blood, Frost, or Unholy Runes.
- 1 point in Master of Ghouls. Reduces the cooldown of Raise Dead by 60 seconds (From 90 Seconds). This also makes the ghoul a permanent pet.
- Anti-Magic Zone (2 Minute Cooldown) (Lasts 10 Seconds) - Reduces spell damage received by party members inside the Zone by 75%.
- 1 point in Improved Unholy Presence. This increases the Death Knight's movement speed by 15% while in Blood or Frost Presence. It also makes runes refresh after 9 seconds instead of 10 while in Unholy Presence.
- Bone Shield (1 Minute Cooldown) (Lasts 5 Minutes) - 3 Charges. Reduces damage received by 20%. Each attack that hits the Death Knight consumes one charge. While this is up the Death Knights damage is also increases by 2%.
- Ebon Plaguebringer- Unholy third disease. Increases disease damage by 30% and magical damage taken by 13%.
- Summon Gargoyle (3 Minute Cooldown) (Lasts 30 Seconds) - Summons a gargoyle pet to fight alongside the Death Knight.
- Glyph of Disease - When Pestilence is used, the duration of all active diseases is refreshed to the maximum.
Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:18 PM
Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:28 PM
It depends on you, who you team with (i.e the setup) and who you face.
But it also heavily depends on gear, especially your key stats like resi and strength, other bonuses like spell pen, and your weapon damage (as melee). I was able to bag 10 wins in a row in my first serious arena team (on my DK, which had 4.3k GS) in Deadly gear with the axe from HC Halls of Stone - not that it's the greatest achievement ever, or in fact, an achievement at all, but just saying, it's not hard if you know how to play, not that i do, i might have been lucky - or my teammate carried me, i don't know. But when i can take down Gladiator titled peoples in duels, again, they might have been drunk, sleeping or whatever, i still did it, and i might have gotten lucky procs and crits, used "unfair" strategies or whatever, but still i won.
What is the point of this post? I am bored, i felt like boasting to increase my epeen (not really, still small :'( ). Nah, i'm wondering, does anyone else have the same experience i do? That some people you face in arena, with titles and all their fancy gear, just can't play? That it might be their ability to play a lot and not how they play that has awarded them gear and respect from other players that allows them to group up and reach high ratings in arena? And what would happen if two of thoose "non-elite-elites" went together in arena? Would it be succesful because the other team would be unable to burn them down due to crazy resillence and freaking out over the fact that they are facing glad's, or what?
Again, i am probably the worst DK on this forum, so no flaming please, i don't even have arena teams over 1k, please flame, bai.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users