#121 sarGz

sarGz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:23 PM

What if you move the Assassination talents and put them into Subtlety?

I feel that the main problem is that you'll lose Malice, Fleet Footed, Quick Recovery, Murder and Deadly Brew. Rest of the talents feels somewhat like fillers just because you need to pick something.

If you go the Subtlety way you'll obviously gain alot of stealth talents, but the more important things are Setup, Elusiveness, Preparation, Deadliness, Dirty Deeds and Cheat Death.

Setup combined with Relentless Strikes will most likely ensure a steady flow of free combo points to renew your SnD while also the ability of free Kindney Shots. Preparation and Dirty Deeds are self-explained, while I honestly haven't tested Cheat Death a single time ever entire WotLK, but I hope it can somewhat make up for Quick Recovery - probably not.
Deadly Brew is also a big loss, but you can always solve this by using crippling poison on a weapon. Or like in my case I hope my DK partner can keep them snared with Desecration and Chains of Ice.

I might be way off with my ideas as I haven't tested either of the specs, but feel free to comment and discuss. :rolleyes:

Link to an example of the spec I had in mind: http://www.wowhead.c...MurZeMbbI0dbV0h

#122 komodo131

komodo131
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Hydraxis
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:23 PM

QR and fleet footed are hard to give up, but...

you are losing so much burst damage by not having CB, Deadly Brew and Overkill, the overkill "nerf" was actually a huge buff for 33/38/0

25% energy regen from combat + AR + 30% from overkill, top that off with CB and bladeflurry and that's nasty burst

not having deadly brew is huge, not only are you reducing your slow percent chance on every single FoK from nearly 100% to 50%, but if you are using 2 slow 2.6-2.7 weapons, that's at least 400 damage lost every time you FoK

relentless strikes is less useful than 3/5 seal fate and ruthlessness, using riposte for 10 energy, having it crit, getting a 2 combo point SND off then getting another combo point back to use SND again when it wears off is a lot better, which is not the norm but point proven still

the idea of FoK is not to play defensive, it's to be so offensive with AoE damage, MS, slow that they have to play defensive or die (most likely they will still die), hence trading offensive CD's for defensive ones seems like the wrong way to go

#123 Zakdog

Zakdog
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:07 AM

the idea of FoK is not to play defensive, it's to be so offensive with AoE damage, MS, slow that they have to play defensive or die

That isn't the idea behind why i use it in my Lock / Druid / Rogue.

Regarding the 0-38-33 spec... your get some cool stuff, but that stuff isn't really needed.

Your logic is that a rogue should be able to kill a healer as well is beyond retarded. If that was the case, there wouldn't be a need to bring a healer.

#124 Mom

Mom
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Feral Combat
  • LocationEau Claire, WI

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:13 AM

No offense to anyone in this thread in particular but from what I've seen on my BG, any rogues going this FOK route in formats besides 5s are instantly losing their credibility among other players.

Luckily for me, it has little to no effect on me or the comps I run.

#125 Guest_Alphatier_*

Guest_Alphatier_*

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:13 AM

im not trolling mate

if i was trolling i would say something like "fok isnt nearly as gay as aura mastery guys!!!"

have you ever met 4 casters with aura mastery and you not being a rogue ?

I dont think so

#126 superdupa

superdupa
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Terrordar
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:28 AM

u want free glad, try ele sham/mage/destro lock/fok rogue and Hpally
knockbak + blanket slience, + BL +fokin and auramastery = profit

#127 komodo131

komodo131
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Hydraxis
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 23 July 2009 - 03:56 AM

rogues are instantly losing their credibility among other players.

players can think whatever they want, but people will always use what works for them

#128 bobsauce

bobsauce

Posted 23 July 2009 - 04:00 AM

2.6 fist weapons or 1.8 daggers. cant decide which to use on my fok rogue. any suggestions?

ur so gay squanky

#129 Siqk

Siqk
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind

Posted 23 July 2009 - 04:13 AM

except u can avoid that damage

fok is the single most stupid spec in the game that literally invites retards to play it, and you guys defending fok spam specs can suck my ballz.

Single stupidest spec in the game is anything dk/prot/holy paladins

side note: HEY JAKE <3

#130 Shortyx

Shortyx
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:46 AM

I love how people talk about FoK being gay in 5's last night we fot a dk/ret/arms war/dpriest/druid team that just sat on our priest and did not worry about cc/interupts/or dispels and won. They were at 2600 mmr....

glad was much easier to get by class in tbc because the game was so slow paced all you had to do was play your class decently and you'd win.

2500 Disc Priest, his name says it all.

#131 Angelsrdead

Angelsrdead
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 27 July 2009 - 12:19 PM

Playing druid on my alt. We roll 3s as (fok rogue, ret, druid) and are atm 2070 (each of us has like 400 resilience), farmed some 2500 arena masters then stopped, because its stupid faceroll.

#132 Rikee

Rikee
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Kul Tiras
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/1/0/.

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:03 PM

Playing druid on my alt. We roll 3s as (fok rogue, ret, druid) and are atm 2070 (each of us has like 400 resilience), farmed some 2500 arena masters then stopped, because its stupid faceroll.

Sure you did. FoK might be faceroll vs comps without :paladin: & :hunter:. But on any high level there are several ways to counter a 15/20 sec cd burst, after that burst the spec is useless in comparison.

#133 Meeper

Meeper
  • Snerp
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:58 PM

rikee is hilarious

#134 Sebe

Sebe
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:11 PM

Yet your main is a DK? :P

#135 Serenity

Serenity
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:44 PM

^ win

#136 Shortyx

Shortyx
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 28 July 2009 - 03:02 AM

U stopped because its stupid faceroll.... but ure a DK all u do is faceroll

I quit my Dk and went to my rogue cause its faceroll no the other way around O.o

glad was much easier to get by class in tbc because the game was so slow paced all you had to do was play your class decently and you'd win.

2500 Disc Priest, his name says it all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<