#21 Shaydee

Shaydee
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:19 PM

If putting both on the mage is what you've seen them do... and you beat them all the time... maybe you shouldn't critique the split dps so hard. :-D. We beat the majority of the RMP given we won't be at 2k till later this week because our team is realitively new. But the strat is solid. I play on 3 different 3's team, and I always make sure that we have a good RMP counter and that one has worked pretty good for us. I guess we'll just see in the future :-p.

#22 Quantity

Quantity
  • Qty
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 24 January 2008 - 02:32 AM

We've been in the top 10 pretty much the entire season running this comp. Long story short, against Rogue/Mage/Priest you kill the Priest and laugh. No matter what. Mage needs to be cc'ed first, not the rogue.

Against lock teams, we kill the felhunter and then time it so he cannot get a fel dom off. When I see the fel hunter at 20%, the rogue finishes it, I intercept the lock, the rogue then vanish cheap shots, kidneys, and then shivs mind numbing on the lock.

The biggest trouble teams are Warrior/Warrior/Druid (yes faggots run this), Warrior/Paladin/Hunter (The only reason we lose to this is because the Hunter is incredible, but we recently beat it a few times), and Warrior/Shaman/Healer teams with a sword warrior.

For the majority of games, don't split dps. The only times you need to split are against teams with Paladins, because good teams with Paladins will piercing howl both of you and freedom kite the shit out of you. Or they will frost trap + freedom kite you. You need to split and put the Rogue on the non freedomed target while the Warrior stays on the target with freedom.

#23 Bloodylegend

Bloodylegend

Posted 24 January 2008 - 03:05 AM

OK, this is getting really confusing it seems that there are 2k teams running this and do both split dps and same target hmmm kinda crazy

#24 Lonney

Lonney
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Doomhammer
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 24 January 2008 - 03:09 AM

How do you deal with warrior/hunter/druid and warrior/resto shaman/druid ?

#25 Quantity

Quantity
  • Qty
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 24 January 2008 - 03:22 AM

Faction, I've liked you and all of your posts, but we've lost very few games to Rogue/Mage/Priest as Warrior/Rogue/Druid. We just zerg the priest, CC the mage, and almost always win. Granted, our Rogue is human, so he always gets a sap on the other rogue. If the rogue is Mutilate, it's a much tougher fight for us. Splitting DPS should only be reserved for two healer/dps teams and teams with a Paladin - otherwise, it should be zerg someone.

Warrior/Hunter/Druid can be played two ways. We have a human rogue, so we can usually find the druid - if we find him, we sometimes can kill him before he gets away. I believe our Druid CC's the Warrior first, leaving a smart hunter to lay a trap for his druid. If we kill the druid, cool. If you don't have a human or can't find the druid, I'd reccomend zerging the hunter pet, followed by the hunter. Be sneaky about swapping to the pet - sit on the hunter first, cc the warrior first, and then when you swap to the pet, CC the druid and zerg it. Then stay on the hunter the rest of the game, and it's almost always a free win. You should save your trinket for a bad freezing trap or cyclone. Long story short, there should always be pressure on the hunter, and with the pet dead, your druid should have no problem getting viper off.

Warrior/Resto Shaman/Druid is a bitch. Put the rogue on the Shaman first. Obviously the Druid is going to try and CC the warrior the entire game (no defensive dispel). Your warrior wins or loses this game for you - his job should be pressuring the druid enough to make him run away, and then swapping back to the shaman to keep MS up and additional pressure. Ideally you'd want to time when you get OFF the druid and back onto the Shaman with when your Druid will CC the opposing druid. To make that a bit more clear, it should be:

-Warrior goes on Druid, he natures grasps, you either reflect it, trinket it, escape artist it, fear, etc. You keep on him until he gets away. The moment he gets away, you let your druid know you are coming back - as the druid comes back "into" the fight, he needs to be cycloned immediately. This should also be at the same time the Warrior's Cyclone DR is up.

#26 Kuosi

Kuosi
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:23 AM

zerg mage is ur best bet

#27 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:45 PM

Faction, I've liked you and all of your posts, but we've lost very few games to Rogue/Mage/Priest as Warrior/Rogue/Druid. We just zerg the priest, CC the mage, and almost always win. Granted, our Rogue is human, so he always gets a sap on the other rogue. If the rogue is Mutilate, it's a much tougher fight for us. Splitting DPS should only be reserved for two healer/dps teams and teams with a Paladin - otherwise, it should be zerg someone.

Warrior/Hunter/Druid can be played two ways. We have a human rogue, so we can usually find the druid - if we find him, we sometimes can kill him before he gets away. I believe our Druid CC's the Warrior first, leaving a smart hunter to lay a trap for his druid. If we kill the druid, cool. If you don't have a human or can't find the druid, I'd reccomend zerging the hunter pet, followed by the hunter. Be sneaky about swapping to the pet - sit on the hunter first, cc the warrior first, and then when you swap to the pet, CC the druid and zerg it. Then stay on the hunter the rest of the game, and it's almost always a free win. You should save your trinket for a bad freezing trap or cyclone. Long story short, there should always be pressure on the hunter, and with the pet dead, your druid should have no problem getting viper off.

Warrior/Resto Shaman/Druid is a bitch. Put the rogue on the Shaman first. Obviously the Druid is going to try and CC the warrior the entire game (no defensive dispel). Your warrior wins or loses this game for you - his job should be pressuring the druid enough to make him run away, and then swapping back to the shaman to keep MS up and additional pressure. Ideally you'd want to time when you get OFF the druid and back onto the Shaman with when your Druid will CC the opposing druid. To make that a bit more clear, it should be:

-Warrior goes on Druid, he natures grasps, you either reflect it, trinket it, escape artist it, fear, etc. You keep on him until he gets away. The moment he gets away, you let your druid know you are coming back - as the druid comes back "into" the fight, he needs to be cycloned immediately. This should also be at the same time the Warrior's Cyclone DR is up.

I never really said mage was the way to go, I was just using what Shaydee was saying and went along with it (split on mage/rogue). Pretty much every 2x melee team is usually going to fail if they zerg the mage, I know this pretty well.

I could have posted something simpler like "if there is a warlock zerg the warlock, if there is no warlock zerg the priest" but just got caught up in the split dps argument. The last rogue/warr/druid I fought that just zerged the priest was xahlior's and they killed me before sheep dr was back up after they blew trinkets usually. So yea I was arguing about splitting vs not splitting, not who to kill first.

#28 Zotto

Zotto
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Dunemaul
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:55 PM

after playing 3 gladiator rogues and a resto druid for this season
I'd say sticking both warrior / rogue on mage is the best way to go vs RMP
keep abolish and HoT stacks on whichever target their rogue is on
and keep cyclone / rooting the rogue with FF up
then switch cyclone to the priest when mage IBs etc etc
the more pressure u put on 1 target to make the healer focus on healing
the better results the games are I'd say.
Splitting dps could also work but against RMP it's not the best strategy

#29 Shaydee

Shaydee
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 24 January 2008 - 01:58 PM

Last night we faught a Elemental Shammy, Warlock, Pally. We went out and tried zerging the warlock, that didn't work... so then we tried zerging the shammy, that didn't work.... then later we got back up to their rating after those 2 losses and beat them twice by splitting dps... Our warrior stayed in defensive the whole fight and only shield bashed and reflected the shammy to almost kill him (kept MS up though). Maybe it comes down to more of a playstyle thing. The more we play, the better off we find ourselves splitting dps. We are up to 1912 with that setup now.

#30 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 24 January 2008 - 02:03 PM

how did anyone die to a warlock being zerged and an elemental shaman?

#31 Syrna

Syrna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 24 January 2008 - 03:39 PM

It depends on what their makeup is whether you want to split dps. Basically if you think they're going to burst you down, split the damage. If not, then murder someone quickly. Druids, priests, and rogues die fast, but rogues aren't so much a great target since most have shadowstep nowadays.

(Skipped the first few pages of this thread, so I apologize if what I said has been stated)

#32 Shaydee

Shaydee
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 24 January 2008 - 03:47 PM

Bubble is a bitch :( Elemental shammans are nasty DPS on a warrior.... you have that with dots on him... it's not the easiest to heal between the HoJ / DC / Fear. When they have heroism they are lighting up the dmg.

#33 Quantity

Quantity
  • Qty
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 24 January 2008 - 05:12 PM

You lost to Shaman/Warlock/Paladin? Ouch =(

Zerg the Warlock and have your druid CC the shaman, swap to Shaman when warlock is BoP'ed, shiv mind numbing on Pally, win?

#34 Shaydee

Shaydee
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 24 January 2008 - 07:30 PM

We had no problem with them once we split dps. We came back and beat them two times with no problem... they couldn't do much dmg at all, and I cc'd the pally, and he got far behind... we ended up dropping both of them almost at the same time and i was still at 45% mana without innervating yet 2 times in a row. It's slightly risky for me to go for a cyclone when the shammy isn't being focused, if I get earth shocked... it can put me far behind in heals. Split dps made it no problem though. :) They were a 2k team though, so we lost a total of like 24 points to them and then got back like 38.

#35 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:30 PM

We had no problem with them once we split dps. We came back and beat them two times with no problem... they couldn't do much dmg at all, and I cc'd the pally, and he got far behind... we ended up dropping both of them almost at the same time and i was still at 45% mana without innervating yet 2 times in a row. It's slightly risky for me to go for a cyclone when the shammy isn't being focused, if I get earth shocked... it can put me far behind in heals. Split dps made it no problem though. :) They were a 2k team though, so we lost a total of like 24 points to them and then got back like 38.

far behind in heals from what... warlock dots+lightning bolts with no healing debuff??

#36 Shaydee

Shaydee
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 25 January 2008 - 03:53 PM

Sure... they can do a pretty insane ammount of dmg. If we aren't split on the two targets... then one will be open to nuke. A full fear or full stun duration is a long time for 2 casters to beat on a warrior, especially an ele shammy. If we focus on him.. .then the lock can sb spam.

Like I said... we had no problems once we split. And beat them easily.

#37 Quantity

Quantity
  • Qty
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 25 January 2008 - 07:07 PM

If you're both on the lock, not really sure how he can get anything off other than instants. The druid I play with will not let me die with one Elemental shaman + dots as the threat. Splitting works fine too I'm sure, but I don't know how you can't keep a warrior up between cycloning the shaman, feral charging his LB, and occasionally shiving mind numbing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<