Photo

Druid/warr/rouge

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Bloodylegend

Bloodylegend

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:45 AM

Havent seen to many post on this team makeup could i get some info from a top team playing this makeup...
We hopfully will start the new team soon and the 3 of us are very experinced in arenaing just need some background info on how this Team does!
Bloody,
Thanks!:)

#2 Bloodylegend

Bloodylegend

Posted 23 January 2008 - 02:32 PM

bump?

#3 Shaydee

Shaydee
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 23 January 2008 - 02:39 PM

I just started running this setup to help out some friends. We've only brought it up to 1862 atm (going for 2k this week). I highly reccomend that the rogue go shadowstep. The key to this setup is split DPS among their 2 dpsers and then the druid CCing the healer. For any team to be successful you have to learn how to kill RMP. Here are some general strats to the teams you'll face.

RMP = Rogue on Mage, Warrior on Rogue, When a target gets low, Intercept/Shadowstep to help finish the burst.

Warlock teams = Both of you on a lock, and the lock will die (lock teams are what you want... sooooo easy)

2 healer Warrior = Druid CC on the warrior focus on the priest... build 100 rage and 100 energy and then intercept the druid, cyclone the priest and good night druid. Or you can just wear down their priest and kill it.

It's usually very good though to always have your shadowstep rogue on a mage if they have one.

#4 Bloodylegend

Bloodylegend

Posted 23 January 2008 - 02:41 PM

thanks sounds very good!
ANy1 else got anything to add?

#5 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 23 January 2008 - 02:47 PM

I just started running this setup to help out some friends. We've only brought it up to 1862 atm (going for 2k this week). I highly reccomend that the rogue go shadowstep. The key to this setup is split DPS among their 2 dpsers and then the druid CCing the healer. For any team to be successful you have to learn how to kill RMP. Here are some general strats to the teams you'll face.

RMP = Rogue on Mage, Warrior on Rogue, When a target gets low, Intercept/Shadowstep to help finish the burst.

Warlock teams = Both of you on a lock, and the lock will die (lock teams are what you want... sooooo easy)

2 healer Warrior = Druid CC on the warrior focus on the priest... build 100 rage and 100 energy and then intercept the druid, cyclone the priest and good night druid. Or you can just wear down their priest and kill it.

It's usually very good though to always have your shadowstep rogue on a mage if they have one.

Split DPS isn't the way to go at all, double melee teams=pick 1 target and zerg it.

#6 Shaydee

Shaydee
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 23 January 2008 - 02:57 PM

I strongly disagree... You have almost no CC and you are very ccable. If you get on one target.. it's going to leave someone open to either mana burn / cc / or nuke. If you talk with any of the other teams that do this setup above 2k they ALL say split dps is the way to go on most setups (obviously there are some comps where it makes sense ot have 2 on the one target (like a lock, shadowpriest or 2 healer teams). If I lock down a healer, it's too much for them to handle healing two people. If we are on one person, and I lock down the healer... the other person can CC to help negate the dmg we are doing to let the healer catch back up. Maybe it's different for you being a priest.

#7 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:08 PM

No, I talk to 2200+ druid warrior rogues who say opposite, and also play them. Most of them worked out that split DPS wasn't as effective as plain old mindless zerging in early s2. When you're getting on the target that does most of the mana burning, cc, or nuking, it's clearly not an issue. I don't understand how burning is an issue in the first place since you'll either be on the priest, be putting out too much pressure for the priest to be able to afford burning, or just plain losing him because you are a druid, but whatever thats not the issue.

All you have to do is blow your trinket on the first poly or nova w/ rogue being a rogue and not getting cc'd and just zerg 1 target. You can kill anything <mail easily all it takes is 1 full cyclone, blind or fear on the healer. Your warrior can also just turtle up at 100% if he pleases, you have 2 people producing endless dps which makes it pretty hard for you to ever lose on mana.

#8 Shaydee

Shaydee
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:30 PM

I'm assuming you run RMP for 3's? If so... what's your strat fighting against druid/warrior/rogue?

#9 Shaydee

Shaydee
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:33 PM

You can't just nuke one target all the time. It just doesn't work like that.... someone will be taking a lot of dmg causing me to have to burn a bit of mana healing. If they aren't taking the dmg, then we are getting into a CC game. I can't dispel sheep. I just can't see the downside to splitting up dps and negating their dmg and CC, with some CC's on the healer... they can't catch up. It's less healing intensive on me... allows me to focus more on CC and it makes it much harder for them to CC any of us.

#10 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:55 PM

For one splitting dps is completely pointless in the situation you described in your original post because the other team is killing one of your melee (usually warrior). Warrior being on rogue does what exactly in this situation?

MAYBE if you fought a team with like warlock+mage it'd be a good idea. But a warrior on a rogue who's killing one of your melee isn't doing anything. The mage can still kite a shadowstep rogue enough to get sheeps off and some bolts, you put the warrior on him and he can't do anything at all.

#11 Arlindi

Arlindi
  • Junkies

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:03 PM

i agree w/ faction, id put both ur melee on the class that cc's the most i.e a mage and just go wild on him.. sup infinite dps

#12 Shaydee

Shaydee
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 23 January 2008 - 07:28 PM

The mage is pretty much locked down from the rogue as is... and the priest is married to the rogue, because of the warrior beating on him. The priest is stuck healing 2 targets both with a healing debuff and both taking massive dmg. With some CC, they will both start to get low... and after we can force and iceblock, or some cool downs from the rogue, that's when we switch to dual dps on one. We've just found it's a safer roll to go. The priest goes OOM way before I do. There's no sense in rushing a kill and trying to win with both at full mana. We just try to control their dps alot... and a shadowstep rogue can really limit what a mage can do. The rogue calls out if the mage gets away for me to either cyclone or feral charge a polly.

Like he said... the warrior isn't going to do a whole lot in locking down a mage... and just putting him on the mage, means his dmg will be getting kited. If he's beating on a rogue, he's not getting kited nearly as much. Plus the rogue will be beating on him... so if he tries to go on the mage... not a lot will get accomplished. I'd imagine that RMP teams are very successful fighting against druid/war/rogue teams if they put both on the mage. If he goes on the mage, the warrior will do almost no dmg, he'll be frost novad, stunned and constantly slowed. It just makes more sense to maximize his dmg on the rogue... there is a higher total of dmg output for my team that way, and the priest will run OOM or fall to far behind in heals to catch up.

#13 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 23 January 2008 - 07:41 PM

A rogue isn't "locking down" a mage solo at all, he can easily get polies off whenever he needs to, he can still find time to get bolts off. I dunno how having another melee with an interrupt, intercept, mace stuns etc won't do much, but okay! You do your own thing.

#14 Shaydee

Shaydee
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:11 PM

The mage isn't going to be doing the kind of dmg he'd like to do... i'd imagine he'd do less than 50% of what he'd do if he was free casting. With cloak of shadows, blind, vanish, and shadowstep, feral charge, cyclone... that mage is pretty locked and there couldn't be a logical argument against it. The warrior won't be able to stay on a mage with a rogue stun locking him and slowing him. It'd be a waste of time. This is the way that neither one really kills anyone, and it's a mana race between me and a priest, with the priest healing through MS and wound poison, and me healing normal.

#15 Grup

Grup
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Agamaggan
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:45 PM

The only time my team lost to this setup last season, they split DPS. Considering resto shaman/pally/warrior is pretty common in the duelist range (or atleast used to be, if you learn to farm it it'll help you get to gladiator range easier), you'll want to know the best way to beat it.

They put the rogue on our pally and the warrior on me, while the druid just spammed CC's against our warrior. Granted this was blade's edge which is ridiculously hard to kill druids. When the warrior got me low with deathwish, the rogue sprinted over to me and helped finish me off while pally got CC'd. If they just started out zerging then there wouldn't have been pressure on me to heal and I would've just stopped the cyclones, if I'm low, I now have to heal, can't stop the cyclones most likely, and the rogue can swap fast and finish it off.

However I run this combo on my warrior alt and we mindlessly zerg cloth - they die fast with two melee on them. My warrior's weakness against priest's is PWS, and with a rogue on them, he can take away that PWS pretty fast.

#16 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:17 PM

You're playing awful mages if they're so incompetent at kiting that 1 rogue "locks them out". RMP burst is 1 shatter combo, the mage doesn't actually need to do any significant damage for most of the fight if he gets his shatter combo off at the right time. I'd say with a warrior AND rogue on him... he's pretty much never going to get it off. But if you think splitting like that is a good idea whatever man, just remember that when your rogue gets polyed, the mage cs's a cyclone and your warrior goes from 80-0 before you realise what happened, it more than likely wouldn't have happened with the warrior on the mage too.

#17 Shaydee

Shaydee
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:04 PM

You're playing awful mages if they're so incompetent at kiting that 1 rogue "locks them out". RMP burst is 1 shatter combo, the mage doesn't actually need to do any significant damage for most of the fight if he gets his shatter combo off at the right time. I'd say with a warrior AND rogue on him... he's pretty much never going to get it off. But if you think splitting like that is a good idea whatever man, just remember that when your rogue gets polyed, the mage cs's a cyclone and your warrior goes from 80-0 before you realise what happened, it more than likely wouldn't have happened with the warrior on the mage too.

Rogue saves his trinket for a poly... if he can't, we communicate, either the warrior will sheild reflect the shatter, or i'll feralcharge the mage's frost bolt... one shatter combo on a warrior, isn't the end all be all. it's actually fairly difficult to get off the poly... although not impossible... it doesn't equal a free kill.

Also, kiting a shadowstep rogue is much more difficult than kiting a mutalate rogue. I'm a druid... kiting is what we do... and it's difficult form me even on a shadowstep rogue, mainly because they can shadowstep out of snares (frozen, or rooted). But if it's the case that you can so easily kill a warrior with a shatter.. even if they are both on you, why not have the rogue kidneyshot the warrior right as you are ready to sheep the rogue... then you can sheep the rogue and get your shatter off... Also, I probably wouldn't be attempting a cyclone on you at that point just because i know how devistating a full duration CS would be... if anything i'd just try to feral charge.

#18 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:08 PM

He can trinket once. Also, you can't shadowstep out of snares, you shadowstep and you stay snared next to the mage. I already said what I wanted to say about splitting vs zerging so i'm not gonna bother arguing that anymore.

#19 Shaydee

Shaydee
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:09 PM

Do you beat the majority of the war/druid/rogue teams that both go on the mage? I bet you do. :)

#20 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:12 PM

we beat warr/druid/rogue in general, what they do makes 0 difference

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<