#21 Harliya

Harliya
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Quel'dorei
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:04 AM

I have Dancing Flame for when I play as enhance so it's not as big a deal for me. Never really had much trouble with keeping FB up thanks to 6sec SS cd and flurry. Proc rate feels pretty good.

Yeah the uptime really isn't that terrible but its no lolrogue crip procs when other posions do! Just bitter I guess. At least it gives me an excuse to LL besides "free gcd".

#22 underwhelmed

underwhelmed
  • Junkies

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:58 PM

Yeah the uptime really isn't that terrible but its no lolrogue crip procs when other posions do! Just bitter I guess. At least it gives me an excuse to LL besides "free gcd".

You have free GCDs?! Share your secrets. I'm always busy dropping totems because someone's Felhunter decides to piss all over my parade, trying to purge fodder buffs so I can maybe purge the BoP in 3 GCDs, Hexing, etc... I usually only use LL as an opener for the extra AP on a Stormstrike and Earth Shock (and LB if my Maelstrom stacks aren't dispelled lul), or if I'm DPSing a plate class or druid that's in any form other than cat/travel/caster then I'll use it because it ignores armor, but the 1k dmg it does is hardly adequate. And my Frostbrand uptime feels a bit streaky, either it decides to be good and procs every swing or every other swing for a while, or it decides to make me sad and only proc once in a blue moon, often the second before I'm CC'd or something silly. I think the RNG is out to get me.

#23 Harliya

Harliya
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Quel'dorei
  • Emberstorm

Posted 03 July 2009 - 04:08 AM

You have free GCDs?! Share your secrets. I'm always busy dropping totems because someone's Felhunter decides to piss all over my parade, trying to purge fodder buffs so I can maybe purge the BoP in 3 GCDs, Hexing, etc... I usually only use LL as an opener for the extra AP on a Stormstrike and Earth Shock (and LB if my Maelstrom stacks aren't dispelled lul), or if I'm DPSing a plate class or druid that's in any form other than cat/travel/caster then I'll use it because it ignores armor, but the 1k dmg it does is hardly adequate. And my Frostbrand uptime feels a bit streaky, either it decides to be good and procs every swing or every other swing for a while, or it decides to make me sad and only proc once in a blue moon, often the second before I'm CC'd or something silly. I think the RNG is out to get me.

Two shot the felhunter its easier that way. Fuck the bop you'll pull it 1 in 5 times if hes playing with a priest or druid just switch and switch back waste of GCD, LL even know its so little damage is still more pressure then lifting natural perfection 800 times. I don't even use the pvp totem so I don't get the ap out of it either. Like I said in my earlier post FB uptime is spotty if your used to say crip or hamstring but its better then last season when I still used it sometimes pre-frozen power, or even better still then s3-s4 of WF/WF get kited all day every day.

#24 Kohhan

Kohhan
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 04 July 2009 - 12:22 AM

lava lash seams like its a waste to even spec into to me...

#25 Smokestomp

Smokestomp
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Elemental
  • RBG: 2359

Posted 04 July 2009 - 12:33 AM

lava lash seams like its a waste to even spec into to me...

It's an attack. What more do you ppl want? Great "filler" move. You used to have only Windfury and Stormstrike pulling the bulk of damage, if you're saving your shocks for utility, now we have 2 moves with controled damage! And like Harliya said, its great for trying to force a frostbrand proc when you need one and SS is on cooldown.

#26 Kohhan

Kohhan
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 05 July 2009 - 12:49 AM

as an enhancement shaman ive never felt like a needed a filler attack, the only time on not tied up in globals is when i chose not to be because i want to hit an earthshock rather than wind

#27 underwhelmed

underwhelmed
  • Junkies

Posted 05 July 2009 - 03:57 PM

Harl, I have one more question to you: spell pen? 75 is usually the amount used to bypass MotW, do you not Purge it? And it seems you'd get more bang for your buck with other enchants/gems, or am I missing something? We're not like Hunters where Explosive Shot is a huge chunk of our damage, or shadowfrost DKs where it's Icy Touch we use to kill things; my damage is often broken down into Melee, Windfury, Stormstrike, Earth Shock (usually that order, sometimes ES is above SS if I don't Wind Shock a lot). Am I forgetting about something?

#28 fuuga

fuuga

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:45 PM

It's probably more for mages. They have 80 resist all base and 120 with mage armor up, so if you want consistent shocks on polys/shatters, you want 75-120. Just a pain in the ass to get 120 since we don't have all the spell pen extra stuff that clothies get.

totems alone are more buttons than rogues use you fucking downie

inb4 delete

#29 Harliya

Harliya
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Quel'dorei
  • Emberstorm

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:53 PM

Supers right missing poly shocks is a pain and usually a lose against RMP so I find it helpful against those. Also helpful in 5s where you may not have time to purge motw and such.

#30 underwhelmed

underwhelmed
  • Junkies

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:27 AM

Oh, I only actively play 5s at high ratings and rarely play 3s, and I usually shock the second healer or just burn ES for DPS if it's 4 DPS and we're on the healer, guess I've never run into the resists shocking Poly problem :P

• Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Elemental 1/1/0/0/1/2
  • RBG: 2309
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:31 PM

can anyone tell me if Blood of the Old God trinket is a good trinket to use in arena? its off yogg and no one has mentioned it :(

#32 fuuga

fuuga

Posted 07 July 2009 - 04:48 PM

Would be amazing probably. Up there with wrathstone for sure, especially if you buy triumph honor pieces in anticipation for it. Pyrite infuser is also nice if you don't have access to yogg. (10man FL)

inb4 delete

#33 Harliya

Harliya
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Quel'dorei
  • Emberstorm

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:31 PM

Blood of the old god and infuser are certainly nice items and especially if you buy the crit off pieces instead of hit since you'll be covered by the trinket. However the one downside is its still RNG proc based where as discs/wrathstone is on-click which you can time bursts better. Still usable though for sure.

#34 Deadlyhoof

Deadlyhoof
  • Rippd
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Thunderlord
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 08 July 2009 - 02:03 AM

I think that enhance is an awesome spec with a lot of power... and yet I've only fought 2enhancement shamans this season. How come there are no enhance shamans in arena, do they have some hidden fatal flaw:(?

#35 fuuga

fuuga

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:31 AM

They're still worse than ret/dk so you have to find good teammates willing to take you for one.

inb4 delete

#36 Housington

Housington
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:38 AM

I think that enhance is an awesome spec with a lot of power... and yet I've only fought 2enhancement shamans this season. How come there are no enhance shamans in arena, do they have some hidden fatal flaw:(?

its always been an underdog spec

#37 Glide

Glide
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:31 PM

Low Stam for a melee, only two defensive CD's, one of which is subpar to almost any other defensive CD, and the other one's a 3 min CD. The really powerful advantages we bring, are heroism without a Shaman healer and Earthen Power giving a freedom like effect. The Heroism works better with a Shaman healer providing it, and another DPS having a different CD to blow in conjunction. Most classes have their own tools to counter/break/avoid snares, rendering Earthen Power weaker then it initially seems.

Other then that, according to the public opinion, we can't kill anything outside of Heroism/Wolves. I don't agree, but you won't see many EnhShaman in arena's if that's what people think of them.

#38 Kohhan

Kohhan
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:37 PM

can anyone tell me what my wolves are auto stunning for, its not set to auto but it goes off when i summon them almost every time

#39 Housington

Housington
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:39 PM

Ok so I just got [Bandit's Insignia] (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40371) coupled with WG Trinket (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=46082). Is that trink combo better than the WG trinket+Resi/AP trinket (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=46086)? I have acces to both trinket combos...

The Bandit's insignia is pretty sick though :}

#40 Harliya

Harliya
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Quel'dorei
  • Emberstorm

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:48 PM

Ok so I just got [Bandit's Insignia] (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40371) coupled with WG Trinket (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=46082). Is that trink combo better than the WG trinket+Resi/AP trinket (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=46086)? I have acces to both trinket combos...

The Bandit's insignia is pretty sick though :}

Bandit's and DMC death are certainly viable options just more a play style change with the AP trinkets. You go from random spikes in the bandit's/DMC (much like the rest of enhance damage) or calculated bursts with on-click ap trinkets. Both can and do work just depends on how you wanna play it.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

<