#1 Housington

Housington
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:32 PM

Hey there, I've recently leveled my Shaman to 80 and decided to play some RestoDruid/EnhShaman (which I also did in s4 to ~2000 rating) but I'm wondering what kind of gear I should be looking at and which gems/enchants as I have no clue about Enhancement Shamans atm (well, not as much as I should).

- Should I stick with Double Windfury, or go with Frostband on Offhand? (or another combination?)

- I've been thinking of stacking Armor Penetration with gems and such, is this a good/bad idea? What gems should I be looking at to put in my gear? (+meta gem)

- Enchants overall on gear?

- What would be the best spec as Enh? I think I can figure this out a bit by myself but help from experienced people is always appreciated. :)
Edit: I was thinking of this spec: http://www.wow-europ...000000000000000

- Any Macro's I SHOULD have as a (Enh) Shaman?

- Any Mandatory AddOns as a Shaman I should need? Atm I just have Afflicted/Quartz(for focus)/SpellAlerter/Gladius.

- What gear should I have overall? PvE-ish or full out PvP? + which trinket would be best, crit rating ones or attack power?

Thanks in advance. :-)
Might have some more questions later :P

#2 Repent

Repent
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Eldre'Thalas
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:55 PM

Any addon that helps you tracking Maelstrom is really helpful.

Personnaly using ShockAndAwe
:D

#3 Housington

Housington
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:24 PM

Yes, was thinking bout that too :)

#4 Mitear

Mitear
  • Mitear
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:53 PM

Windfury/Frostbrand

Get double Berserker Enchants, take the Disarm Talent. It's worth having double procs. You sacrifice the 3 +hit talents in enhance for it since it's only for melee hit. Gem and/or Gear for the hit. You want it for spells too.

Imo, the best Enhance Arena Spec:
http://eu.wowarmory....000000000000000

Oh and gear... get PvP gear. I'm at almost 900 resil and can still almost get global'd outside of wolves and sham rage on a switch.

#5 Smokestomp

Smokestomp
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Elemental
  • RBG: 2359

Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:44 PM

^^^

Use same spec as above, except 3/3 Dual-Wield instead of Anticipation. Imo you maintain most of your utility while disarmed with shocks/purge/totems why not just kite out the 8 seconds or so. I value the increased white dps.

Armor-pene = bad idea. About half Enhance damage is spells, so armor pen will not scale 50% of your damage. Get pure AP if you're going for damage.

Enchants for AP and Resil. Start out gemming resil, when you start feeling pretty confident with survival switch out to Ap/crit.

#6 fuuga

fuuga

Posted 30 June 2009 - 06:10 PM

Hey there, I've recently leveled my Shaman to 80 and decided to play some RestoDruid/EnhShaman (which I also did in s4 to ~2000 rating) but I'm wondering what kind of gear I should be looking at and which gems/enchants as I have no clue about Enhancement Shamans atm (well, not as much as I should).

- Should I stick with Double Windfury, or go with Frostband on Offhand? (or another combination?)

- I've been thinking of stacking Armor Penetration with gems and such, is this a good/bad idea? What gems should I be looking at to put in my gear? (+meta gem)

- What would be the best spec as Enh? I think I can figure this out a bit by myself but help from experienced people is always appreciated. :)

- Any Mandatory AddOns as a Shaman I should need? Atm I just have Afflicted/Quartz(for focus)/SpellAlerter/Gladius.

- What gear should I have overall? PvE-ish or full out PvP? + which trinket would be best, crit rating ones or attack power?

-With a druid, WF/FB for sure.

-Wouldn't suggest gearing for arp, though you might try grim toll if you are hitting a lot of plate.

-AP/Resil

-The 18/53 spec linked above is good. Some people have also had success with a 8/63 spec that talents more defensively I think.

-Make a macro to switch back to your offhand (don't need this if your OH is offhand only). Also, if you are using an on-use ap trinket like Wrathstone or Platinum Discs, I'd suggest macroing it into wolves. Other than that just the basic shaman macros like focus shock.

-Addons are fine. I highly suggest Full Moon. It's a great, compact addon for keeping track of pretty much everything you'd want to know as any spec of shaman. You really do want something to track MW stacks as mentioned above.

-I'd say go with full pvp gear for your main pieces, though you can probably use a pve piece or 2 for jewelry/cloak if you have something high quality there. Most of the decent melee trinkets are good. Wrathstone/pyrite/mirror/greatness/platinum discs + wg pvp trinket.

#7 Meeper

Meeper
  • Snerp
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 30 June 2009 - 06:53 PM

powerauras is really handy for tracking things like MW stacks, its probly my favorite addon

#8 Harliya

Harliya
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Quel'dorei
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:47 PM

As long as your druid is playing resto stick with WF/FB as the slow is very handy for keeping your shock for damage/interuption and peeling. If hes playing boomkin or feral I'd proly still use FB but some people argue FT is nice for more bursty double dps comps.

As mentioned above ARP is a bad idea melee and WF damage is till some of your largest dps output however the ARP doesn't help with shocks/lighting bolts/chain lightings/ any other spell you might find yourself casting, where as straight AP helps all of the above. Although supertim is right about grim toil depending on what you find yourself fighting alot (changes by BG) it can be nice against lots of plate targets. I still prefer wrathstone/discs for more unviersal pressure but that is more prefrence then anything.

Enchants will depend on your comps if you only playing 2s with a resto druid proly lots of ap/res stuff I'd imagine you'll be focused a fair bit and can die somewhat easily outside of wolves in not careful. If you find your not being targeted quite as much you can go more offensive. I find the 16ap/8res gem is very handy for most slots. meta I use 3% increased crit damage all the way, I played with a more defensive meta earlier in the season but I find just using the stoneclaw totem more and going offensive meta was overall helping.

Does no one read the talent section of this site??
http://www.arenajunk...ead.php?t=84716
is a spec I put together for this season, don't have to use it word for word but should be a nice shell to get started with.

Macros are any general shaman macro, purge target/focus, windshock target/focus, There is actually a nice post just made about macros I'd look here to start. Oh yeah and wolves+ap trinket is handy for more GCD's during your burst section.

I'm currently using shamanfriend/shockandawe for shaman specific mods but also using the gladius/quartz show and other bar/unit frames that you prefer.

Gear is pretty much pvp with maybe a 1-2 offsets since your gunna be playing with a druid you'll need to be able to pop defensive and live for a bit while hes drinking the more pve gear the faster you'll be gibbed and believe me its fast enough in full pvp gear. That being said my wrathstone gives me a hardon everytime. generally stick to AP and some crit but as res counters crit the AP in generally a better choice.

#9 Housington

Housington
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:53 AM

Thanks for the feedback everyone, especially Harliya, that guide was really awesome! :)

Do you really think mana isn't a problem anymore for Enhancement Shamans in PvP? I remember going oom all the time in TBC as Healer/Enh combo and then we pretty much lost. :( That's why I used to spec into Mana increase/Mana spell reduction talents. :o

#10 fuuga

fuuga

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:07 AM

Imp SS is amazing. You really shouldn't have mana problems unless you're using HW a ton for some reason. Especially with 4/5 PVP.

totems alone are more buttons than rogues use you fucking downie

inb4 delete

#11 Housington

Housington
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:15 AM

I also need a new Shield/One-hand(on offhand) swap Macro, the one I'm using at the moment works, but it switches my Mainhand one-hander with my Offhand one-hander whenever I go from DW->Shield->DW, so my frostband goes on mainhand and my WF goes on the offhand, unless I swap to shield and back to DW again. :s

Btw my macro atm is:
#showtooltip [noequipped:shield] Merciless Gladiator's Shield Wall; Merciless Gladiator's Cleaver
/equipslot 17 Merciless Gladiator's Cleaver
/equipslot 17 Merciless Gladiator's Shield Wall

#12 underwhelmed

underwhelmed
  • Junkies

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:17 PM

I can give you my shield macro if you want, but it's not as pretty since I'm not good at scripting but wanted to make it show in the Blizz combat text when I switch to shield.

/run local c=CombatText_AddMessage local f=COMBAT_TEXT_SCROLL_FUNCTION local e=EquipItemByName local i=IsEquippedItem if i(SHIELD) then e(OFFHAND,17)c("<OH Weapon>",f,1,1) else if i(OFFHAND,17) then e(SHIELD)c("<Shield>",f,1,1)end end
#show Block

Where you see "SHIELD" and "OFFHAND" you need to replace the capitalized words with the 5-digit item number (you can find it at Wowhead, go to the item's page and it should be the last 5 digits in the URL [I had to make it with the item number so it would fit in one macro]). The "#show Block" is just to make it light up a Block icon while a shield is equipped and show a greyed out Block icon if an offhand wep is equipped, it's not necessary to make the macro work.

Edit: My macro acted a bit funny when I was using Deadly MH and Angry Dread OH, but had another Angry Dread in my bags because my PvE weps at the time were 2x Angry Dread, so it would equip the one that wasn't imbued with Frostbrand sometimes. Idk if that's relevant to your issue of WF going in your offhand after you use your macro or not.

#13 fuuga

fuuga

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:56 PM

Never had any trouble with using 2 seperate binds:

1 that is simply the shield itself.

Another that is /equipslot 17 OFFHAND HERE.

inb4 delete

#14 Harliya

Harliya
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Quel'dorei
  • Emberstorm

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:23 PM

I ran into some similar issues using an all in one macro aswell and have recently switched to 2 different equip shield and equip DW macros and haven't had an issue yet. Granted its 2 binds but if you have space its much more reliable.

edit: on the question about mana I think since imp SS have been implemented I have gone oom maybe 3 games and only for short times. This happened by peeling with a nova stun followed into a 5/5 maelstrom healing wave and two lessers on my priest, after which I was 500ish mana only to SS a second later to be at 1.6k mana. basically you'll never have issues with mana again and any mana reduction talents are wasted in my eyes.

#15 Kohhan

Kohhan
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:30 PM

how much damage does lava lash do?

#16 Meeper

Meeper
  • Snerp
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:30 PM

you will slay many foes with lava lash

#17 fuuga

fuuga

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:38 AM

how much damage does lava lash do?

Like 700-1k. Pretty shitty but hey, it's another extra strike.

inb4 delete

#18 Harliya

Harliya
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Quel'dorei
  • Emberstorm

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:48 AM

Like 700-1k. Pretty shitty but hey, it's another extra strike.

correction its a shitty shiv that works half the time as long as you give up the dps from FT to put on FB.

#19 underwhelmed

underwhelmed
  • Junkies

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:25 AM

^^pretty much this, but I'd like to add it's a shitty shiv + 120 AP for 10 secs. If I didn't have the Deadly totem, I'd probably just drop totems or purgespam more instead of using Lava Lash in 80% of all fights.

#20 fuuga

fuuga

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:28 AM

I have Dancing Flame for when I play as enhance so it's not as big a deal for me. Never really had much trouble with keeping FB up thanks to 6sec SS cd and flurry. Proc rate feels pretty good.

inb4 delete

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<