#1 Ultimecia

Ultimecia
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 22 September 2007 - 09:06 PM

Recently started a new 2v2, me playing mainly with a resto druid, was about 2k with a priest and wanted to try this out, but seems he can never escape from warriors once they get to him even when I CoEx them, he says he's spamming travel form to break snares and run off, what is he doing wrong?

#2 Phiers

Phiers
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 22 September 2007 - 10:22 PM

He should stun/warstomp/cyclone, or they can just spam hamstring/piercing howl all day.

#3 Sarita

Sarita

Posted 23 September 2007 - 05:58 PM

Yeah, the druid needs to do something to break the hamstring cycle. If you just keep blindly going travel form the warrior will do nothing other than hamstring/piercing howl as soon as you shift. I see that you're a human, so I assume war stomp is out of the question, other options are Nature's Grasp if he doesn't have BoF on, try bash, try cyclone (if this is pummeled usually you can use the GCD to shift travel and get away).

The best way to get away is a full duration cyclone but it's not quite as reliable as it used to be with the trinket change. Nature's Grasp and bash both have a pretty high fail rate.

The other fun thing is that most warriors these days are running a 15 second intercept cooldown with the 4 piece bonus, which can make them a beast to shake. If you get a cyclone off on them and it looks like it's going to stick for full duration then try and get out of LoS and heal back up to full. Also, if you're running away from a warrior and they drop combat they can charge again. (Rank 1 moonfire/FF if you can spare the GCD.)

#4 Syntaxhia

Syntaxhia
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:55 AM

feral charge his teammate to get away, saved me countless of times, and the regular cyclone/roots/stuns and some Jaguar kiting

#5 Sarita

Sarita

Posted 29 September 2007 - 12:54 AM

feral charge his teammate to get away, saved me countless of times, and the regular cyclone/roots/stuns and some Jaguar kiting

Ooh yes, the feral charging away from melee is pretty slick. Not only do you get out of range faster than travel form could get you away and potentially interrupt a spell if you're running from a warrior and they intercept you after you do it you're still in bear.

#6 Toxiferous

Toxiferous
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 29 September 2007 - 10:39 PM

/cancelbuff Travel Form
/cast Travel Form
^ macro
Eliminates GCD on coming out of forms, can easily outrun a hamstring cycle