Photo

What we need to be competitive.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
170 replies to this topic

#21 Final

Final

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:24 AM

I dont think we will ever be able to stop a warrior from sitting on us in a 3v3 or 5v5 comp dependant of course without some kind of huge change. but to be honest i would rather have the melee trainign me with proper buffs to my class then have themon another teammate. I like the challenge.

Locks were made to be trained with their severe lack of mobility, that's fine they get a lot of defensive shit to account for that. This isn't a lot of fun when you're being trained to get casts off but that's part of the class. The dumb part is with pets being trained so easily. Without SL a lock can only count the seconds before he gets instantly gibbed down. They really need to fix pets.

LOL

sig anyone?

#22 Streygo

Streygo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:41 AM

Locks were made to be trained with their severe lack of mobility, that's fine they get a lot of defensive shit to account for that. This isn't a lot of fun when you're being trained to get casts off but that's part of the class. The dumb part is with pets being trained so easily. Without SL a lock can only count the seconds before he gets instantly gibbed down. They really need to fix pets.

no we should be able to fight back when were getting trained, just like every other class.

#23 Ramuuh

Ramuuh
  • Ramuuh
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Hydraxis
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:48 AM

ROFL no

6s on devour makes you actually have to think about when you're using it. I'm cool with 2 dispels there

Stats with pets again is cool by me since they explode

Dispel resistance needs to be phased out of the game completely, so no go there

FG as a skill could be ok if they toned it down a bit. In all honesty there would be no reason to not use this pet against Druid teams in 2s.

Facing requirement is fine I suppose, since it's in line with other abilities

Reducing stuns will never happen. Maybe duration, but Rogues have always (sort of) countered Locks and that change seems pretty stupid, especially since Warlocks are generally tank-ish (Always wear insane resil, have Demo Armor, etc)

Instant Howl, lol no. You're not Priests. If you want it trainable you can have it like Warriors on a 2 min CD. It's already better than Psychic Scream for Affliction with the increased range on it.

Death Coil CD can't happen either. If so, reduce Strangulate, Phorror, etc. All 2 minutes, all gib mechanics if used in that way.
Haunt instant can't happen either. It turns your DoTs from healable to "I need a cooldown for this" 51 pt talents should be good, not that good.

my 2¢

/facepalm do you even play a warlock? because priests and dks aren't competitive?
:shaman::warrior: For life

Totem stomping was (is) retarded, but atm, it was the only thing keeping certain OP totems in check

#24 Pookette

Pookette
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:58 AM

ROFL no

6s on devour makes you actually have to think about when you're using it. I'm cool with 2 dispels there

I just wanted to point out that devour is an 8 second CD, so it's pretty damn retarded.

#25 Revelstoke

Revelstoke

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:01 AM

/facepalm do you even play a warlock? because priests and dks aren't competitive?

shadowpriests are just tearing up the arenas right now

:confused::confused::confused:
Posted Image

#26 Pookette

Pookette
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:05 AM

lol @ your avatar.

#27 Ramuuh

Ramuuh
  • Ramuuh
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Hydraxis
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:16 AM

shadowpriests are just tearing up the arenas right now

k never said they were just not trying to derail the thread here which is warlocks, phorror's cd should be shortened as well.
:shaman::warrior: For life

Totem stomping was (is) retarded, but atm, it was the only thing keeping certain OP totems in check

#28 LateraluSM

LateraluSM
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/1/0/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 1341

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:35 AM

I think facing requirements should just be required at the start of the cast for every casted ability classes have.

It's a pretty frustrating mechanic that I don't think anyone would miss.

Good idea

#29 Glickz

Glickz
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 2/1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 3v3: 2403
  • RBG: 1806

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:44 AM

making demon armor/fel armor off gcd would be nice make it more of a defensive/offensive stance type deal which it basically is

#30 LateraluSM

LateraluSM
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/1/0/1/1/1
  • 3v3: 1341

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:23 AM

making demon armor/fel armor off gcd would be nice make it more of a defensive/offensive stance type deal which it basically is

Why not just reverse the armor(s) to what it was before WOTLK

#31 psyhawk

psyhawk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Crushridge
  • Cyclone

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:28 AM

maybe put death coil cd down to 45s and requires a soul shard.

lmfao

#32 Abdoom

Abdoom
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Boulderfist
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:38 AM

Just remove the armor mana cost at least even it its on the GCD.

#33 Alysana

Alysana
  • Junkies

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:22 AM

Warlocks don't need a lot of help really, a lot of the changes people suggest are rather drastic which isn't needed at all.

The only stuff I can think ontop of my head are either:
- Pets need slightly better stamina scaling, needs a portion of resi and spell pen too.
- Demon Armor and Fel Armor needs to be stronger, as someone suggested earlier, make the two armors a kind of stance defining.
- Maybe slightly increase the fear damage cap to 15% instead of the current 10%, or at least reduce the amount of fear breakers/immunities that are in the game.

In general, it's really not the Warlock class that needs help, it's the melee classes that are currently too easy to dps with and do it too well. Call them overpowered or whatever.

This is from an Affli/Healer point of view in 2v2.

Edit: Oh and, they really need to buff the damage of CoA by a great deal. It's ridiclious how it ticks for 500 with 2900 spell power, where as my UA and Corr are ticking between 1800 and 2000.

#34 Slaughterz

Slaughterz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Aerie Peak
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:27 AM

Destro's Burst dmg is out of hand atm.

#35 Jhuudhun

Jhuudhun
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tortheldrin
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:33 AM

- Demon Armor and Fel Armor needs to be stronger, as someone suggested earlier, make the two armors a kind of stance defining.

Complete disagree. They're too strong as is. They're far more imbalancing than stances currently. Either I get two amazing defensive stats or two amazing offensive stats.

(When I switch to fel armor I get like 300+ spell damage, when I switch to demon armor I get lots of armor + 20% extra healing, how is that too weak?)

They're too strong and need to be combined into one armor that we can use that is moderately good (old fel armor comes to mind), or they need to be nerfed very hard and all our gear / etc given boosts with regard to armor and spell damage so we don't feel gimped when not in the 'correct' stance.

The fact that they use mana and a GCD is ridiculous to boot. -.-

#36 psyhawk

psyhawk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Crushridge
  • Cyclone

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:40 AM

my favorite thing about a warlock is when hell freezes over and i play 2v2. in the rare even this happens, something really weird sometimes happens and i spec shitstain affliction spec. my favorite thing about this spec is that no matter what, vs any druid healer team, i run around like a jackass spamming mana drain, couple dots/haunts tossed in etc hoping to pull a fucking kill b4 a druid lasts another 6 min with innervate b/c even the most ridiculously perfect cc chain on a druid healer in 2v2 means jack shit with defensive play from the druids partner.

destro healer is more fun running around like a jackass imo b/c u will play for like 1-7 min matches and no pressure is going out and thenur conflag/chaos bolt both crit and u win LoloLLOL AMIRITE

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 2/1/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1369
  • 3v3: 1584
  • RBG: 384

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:44 AM

my favorite thing about a warlock is when hell freezes over and i play 2v2. in the rare even this happens, something really weird sometimes happens and i spec shitstain affliction spec. my favorite thing about this spec is that no matter what, vs any druid healer team, i run around like a jackass spamming mana drain, couple dots/haunts tossed in etc hoping to pull a fucking kill b4 a druid lasts another 6 min with innervate b/c even the most ridiculously perfect cc chain on a druid healer in 2v2 means jack shit with defensive play from the druids partner.

destro healer is more fun running around like a jackass imo b/c u will play for like 1-7 min matches and no pressure is going out and thenur conflag/chaos bolt both crit and u win LoloLLOL AMIRITE

pretty much how every comp plays vs druid teams

#38 harlequinkopeck

harlequinkopeck
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:13 AM

play with a prot paladin, can gib those pesky druids every 20 seconds :D

#39 Lysander

Lysander
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:21 AM

While these changes would make Locks competitive in 2s, they would put Locks way over the top in 3s. The amount of pressure that a Lock can ideally put out, regardless of spec (obviously pressure for Aff is through different mechanics than for Destro), is absolutely massive.. these changes attempt to make Warlocks more self-sufficient, but fail to normalize how strong Warlock pressure is. If Warlocks were wholly self-sufficient in their damage output and their control, or at least far more self-sufficient, Lock damage/control would have to be lowered.

#40 Glickz

Glickz
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 2/1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 3v3: 2403
  • RBG: 1806

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:21 AM

Why not just reverse the armor(s) to what it was before WOTLK