• Curse Sites
Help

Racial Abilities, should they be taken out?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

Poll: Should racial abilities be usable in arenas? (292 member(s) have cast votes)

Should racial abilities be usable in arenas?

1. yes (76 votes [42.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.94%

2. no (101 votes [57.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.06%

Vote

#41 Duraeas

Duraeas
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 30 October 2007 - 09:45 PM

Kamikazeoi said:

This is interesting as we were just having this discussion in guild last night.

Personally I don't find it fair that certain races have advantages in arena such as undead's will of forsaken or blood elve's silence or human's perception, ect.

Every class racial gives some class an advantage in my opinion. Except Trolls, but thats reason for a buff more than a nerf.

#42 kyoshi

kyoshi
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Azuremyst
  • Retaliation
  • Talents:

Posted 30 October 2007 - 09:51 PM

not my fault i picked human. =/ i wasn't thinking "hey ill need WOTF and cannibalize" back then. shit, back then(first toon) i wanted to be a nightefl warlock...and i got told no. i mean, now that i understand the game more would i re-roll? not even, too much time invested into my warlock.

#43 Sashia

Sashia
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:59 PM

Obviously racials give an unfair advantage in pvp. Why else are there so many undead rogues and casters instead of troll and whatnot? Good looks? lol.
Thing is, before arenas noone gave a damn about racials except the hardcore whiners. Now however, when arena is supposed to be the fair and balanced competing environment for all, racials are too game-changing to be alllowed to use inside. Arena games should be decided by class and skill, not a cosmetic decision you made months or even years ago that made you immune to that 1 fear/silence that healer/resist that stun allowing you to finish off someone who you couldnt have otherwise.

Also, I've never understood horde counterattacking with gnome racials and dwarf priests when someone complains about wotf and the like. Just how many gnomes and dwarf priests do you see in arenas compared to humans and night elves? Thought so. Only class that rolls gnome a lot are warlocks and mages, and they are in no way as abundant as undead for their horde counterparts.

#44 soulbane

soulbane
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 31 October 2007 - 01:14 AM

meh, id be happy if they simply balanced some of the racials more, humans pvp wise got a raw deal, trolls also. NE could maybe use a small buff probably something passive like -1% to be hit by spells and melee

for humans, not sure what to give them, preferably something different to the stun/fear/snare racials we have atm on other classes...

#45 Sarian

Sarian
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 31 October 2007 - 02:42 AM

Racials SHOULD be usable in the arenas.  

If you take racials out of use in arenas, may as well take them out in PvE for the SAME exact reason.

Like someone said before, choosing a class is just as important as choosing a race.  If you choose poorly then that is your own fault.  If you REALLY feel like a racial is THAT game breaking then just suck it up and grind another 70 levels to change your race.

#46 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 31 October 2007 - 02:58 AM

Sarian said:

If you take racials out of use in arenas, may as well take them out in PvE for the SAME exact reason.

Like someone said before, choosing a class is just as important as choosing a race.  If you choose poorly then that is your own fault.  If you REALLY feel like a racial is THAT game breaking then just suck it up and grind another 70 levels to change your race.
Potentially, Blizzard could make them changeable for a fee. They did it with servers, then names, soon facial features. Basically everything but class and race and I assume race would come first :)

#47 Willferral

Willferral
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:03 AM

No

but take out Drinking and Bandaging

basically, anything outside of your spell book should be disallowed.

#48 Sashia

Sashia
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 31 October 2007 - 11:28 AM

Sarian said:

Who cares about racials in pve besides fear ward? Only other thing thats game breaking in pve is maybe 5% hp on tauren MTs, thats it. Theres a big difference and PvE is NOT arena.

No doubt choosing poorly factors into most of alliance race choices, look at the number of human/night elf warriors in arena. I can count the number of gnome warriors I remember on 1 hand.

And point me to where I can reroll to blood elf on alliance for that uber mana tap? Lol thats the whole point, racials not being balanced across factions so rerolling is not an option. And a stupid one at that, when they can just flag arenas to disallow racials. They introduced pallies to horde and shamans to alliance to make things even for both sides, time to even out racials next imo.

#49 Foredoomed

Foredoomed

Posted 31 October 2007 - 01:15 PM

They shouldnt be taken out, just balanced properly.

#50 azek

azek
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Proudmoore
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/0/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1650
  • 3v3: 1727
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1626

Posted 31 October 2007 - 02:44 PM

There is no doubt that racial abilities are imbalanced.
Just look at the race disparity in top teams.

It is possible to change your character's spec.
Don't like being a Shadow priest? You can go Holy or Discipline.

You don't have the gear for it? You can get it.
It takes whatever it takes, but it's possible.

Your team isn't doing so good due to class setup.
Get some new teammates; try something new.

Your racial abilities suck?
You're screwed due to a decision you made years ago when Arena didn't exist.

#51 Kank

Kank
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 01 November 2007 - 05:44 PM

Willferral said:

No

but take out Drinking and Bandaging

basically, anything outside of your spell book should be disallowed.

rofl i'm dying laughing here. take out drinking and leave racials in coming from the tauren druid.

#52 amirdaheat

amirdaheat
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

yes plz i wanna play for looks, not for racials
Posted Image

#53 Eiviyn

Eiviyn
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/0

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

As a belf ranged caster, yeah.

Wish you could just select your racials like you select your talents.

#54 Iambored

Iambored
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/2/1/1/2
  • RBG: 1567

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

Bumping 5 year old threads, nbd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users