• Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Subtlety 0/1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1648
  • 3v3: 1989
  • RBG: 1717

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:07 AM

You can peel a DK-you just can be a tard and try it when he's got a big green bubble around him. It only lasts a few seconds. He should be sitting in a nova basically the entire time it's not up-and let's assume he chained IBF and lich after to stop sheeps/stuns-he can still be novad.

when a paladin is freedom'ing him? LOLWAT?

#42 kashflow

kashflow
  • Pistolgrip
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Gul'dan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:07 AM

my favourite part is watching a priest with 22k hp and 1000 resil unbuffed get trained down by cleave with 203 dps weapons :)

and by a priest i mean the best priest in the world

i love gettin cleaved hardc0re when i step into the arena these days... those are pretty close to my stats =))))

#43 Cruxis

Cruxis

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:08 AM

Can pretty much 100% guarentee that Ensidia have never really played that setup much, hence why they probably didn't know what to do, as you saw them trying different strats in the games.

But there wasn't anything about this fight that was anything to be proud of, the other team due to pure damage, nothing else.

Honestly it doesnt matter what people think of me. I make money playing this game, and soon to be a world champion. stop us if u can.

Salute to the World Champion.

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 2/1/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1369
  • 3v3: 1584
  • RBG: 384

they're better than my stats if you don't consider spell power

#45 browniking

browniking
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

.... I do know some of the other RMPs have a contingency plan for DK- BM - paladin at this event, we'll get to see them tomorrow.

This. I wanna see what other rpms groups are gonna do. Wether they will tread water with their comp, or try a different strat instead.

#46 Lysander

Lysander
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:09 AM

Not only that but 10 second undispellable Freedom from Hunter. You pretty much have to dispel/spellsteal (no junkbuffs) the Pally freedom and a Fingers Deep Freeze on DK over the Hunter freedom. But that doesn't mean the strat is completely useless. You can also try to Shackle off the Deep Freeze.

I'm also saddened that they stuck as triple undead. Absolutely no reason for doing that -- Twixz team optimized their racials with Orc blood fury and the extra silence after strangulate from belf DK, but apparently Ensidia thought it was too much of a joke. Joke's on them I guess, Dwarf would have been immensely helpful for the Priest (essentially "cloaking" off diseases at a critical time off the GCD) and there's definitely no disadvantage to being Human for the DPS (2 trinket).

I doubt any RMP will stick with RMP after seeing hydra get so shut down though.

#47 Grombringal

Grombringal
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:10 AM

BUT THE HUNTER RUSHED THE BOX ALL ALONE AND ONLY SPAMMED DAMAGE IN THE LAST GAME, HE WAS GOOD RIGHT :confused:

#48 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:12 AM

It isn't really that different in concept, the difference is that Lock/Rogue have a lot more continual peeling ability than Hunter/x. On TR I played Hunter/Lock/Shaman, and games basically went like that -- RMP opens, we blow our cooldowned peels and then have nothing while RMP keeps dumping offensive cooldowns. RLS is a bit different because of Rogue stuns and 2 vanish CS that will land on Evasioned targets, plus ofc gouge/blind.

It's night and day difference, actually. RMP vs Shaman can be countered. TBH can never be countered. Lichborne + AMS cannot be countered (at least, not effectively. He could just pop ibf and get total impunity)

That's retarded. That's nearly 20 seconds of both DPS able to balls out DPS on a target. That should never be possible, but it is.

Thanks Blizzard.
화이팅

#49 Elraen

Elraen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Crushridge
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 2028

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:12 AM

AWESOME! That means the pally doesn't have freedom for himself and the mage/rogue should be owning him.

Again-in the last match, the priest survived the DK and hunter cooldowns with only dismantle on the hunter-with no pressure on the pally, he was free to sit there and cleanse/heal/cleanse/cleanse.

So as RMP what do you do?

-Sit there knowing you're not going to be able to do much of anything to the dk and hunter in the first 20 seconds of the match and go on them anyway?

or

-go on their pally and MAYBE, just MAYBE force the dk to DG the rogue off (so he doesn't have it for the priest)...or at the very least, get the pally to burn his bubble early and swap back and start CCing/laying into the DK or hunter (because, at this point, their CDs should be gone and with stopping damage from just one of them should buy the priest enough time to get topped off).
-Aëon, the hunter formerly known as Elraen
-Formerly Sïn

"And rmp is fine it isn't even that amazing"

-Gladiator Mage

#50 Cruxis

Cruxis

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:14 AM

AWESOME! That means the pally doesn't have freedom for himself and the mage/rogue should be owning him.

Honestly it doesnt matter what people think of me. I make money playing this game, and soon to be a world champion. stop us if u can.

Salute to the World Champion.

#51 Jason

Jason
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy
  • LocationMontreal

I seriously lost the little bit of faith I still had in this game as an e-sport today. Hydra is pretty well known as like priest class hero, and he got wrecked by a faceroll comp. None of those players are bad (I've played against all of them at 80 on different chars..), but to see how little skill it took for them to beat "the best priest in the world" seriously is saddening. :(.
Posted Image

#52 Cuddlybunnyz

Cuddlybunnyz
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Lothar
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/1/2/2/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 1962
  • 3v3: 2325
  • 5v5: 2126
  • RBG: 1790

pretty sure the main reason rmp gets raped is the pally freedom + 10 seconds of master's call with the lichborne/ams means that dk is always in blackmode for the same duration as the hunter bm, its 18-20 seconds of unpeelable damage from 2 dps

#53 Drans

Drans
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:16 AM

those games were embarrassing

#54 Lysander

Lysander
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship

It's night and day difference, actually. RMP vs Shaman can be countered. TBH can never be countered. Lichborne + AMS cannot be countered (at least, not effectively. He could just pop ibf and get total impunity)

That's retarded. That's nearly 20 seconds of both DPS able to balls out DPS on a target. That should never be possible, but it is.

Thanks Blizzard.

How is that any different than Lock/Hunter trying to peel Mage/Rogue DPS in RMP vs Hunter/Lock/Sham? Scatter trinketted or just eaten or blocked (or evasioned if on Rogue) Wyvern willed (or evasioned if on Rogue), Fear dispelled or willed or blocked, Deathcoil trinketted or dispelled, now all outs are used and the Rogue still has at least 1 vanish left and definitely a CB, Mage has a second pet second DF up. Lock/Hunter are completely out of peels. Shaman dies a second later. The only reason RLS vs RMP seems more controlled is because of the Rogue v Rogue metagame and how good Rogues are at throwing out quick peels. With a 1 second GCD and many, many ways to throw peels, the Shaman can sort of stay alive.

Again, in concept its the same, the only difference is a Rogue versus a Hunter or some other class as peeler.

#55 xaviz

xaviz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy

Best hunter US
www.xfire.com/profile/spar0ne
www.xfire.com/live_video/spar0ne

#56 browniking

browniking
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:21 AM

I seriously lost the little bit of faith I still had in this game as an e-sport today. Hydra is pretty well known as like priest class hero, and he got wrecked by a faceroll comp. None of those players are bad (I've played against all of them at 80 on different chars..), but to see how little skill it took for them to beat "the best priest in the world" seriously is saddening. :(.

Why? Because the best priest in the world was totally slapped around? there's two sides to this. yes, one point is what you stated. but also, it shows that even the mightiest people can be outplayed. true, he got facerolled, but it was as most people say, a total countercomp where he couldn't do anything. it's not fair to place the blame on the hunter/dk/pala comp for just destroyin hydra. they knew they had a huge advantage against pmr, it's the other teams fault for not bring a plan b to fight against it.

pmr = knife
hdkp = gun

FIGHT

#57 Para

Para
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:21 AM

I guess Hydra should have been whining about hunters instead of druids the other day.

#58 Elraen

Elraen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Crushridge
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 2028

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:23 AM

the hunter gives a undispellable freedom too
do you really know how to play this game
owait
ur a DK

Hunter and his pet are miles away from pally because he's chasing the priest around pillars and into starting rooms...25 yard range on Master's Call, bro.
-Aëon, the hunter formerly known as Elraen
-Formerly Sïn

"And rmp is fine it isn't even that amazing"

-Gladiator Mage

#59 kzn

kzn
  • Kzn
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:24 AM

How is that any different than Lock/Hunter trying to peel Mage/Rogue DPS in RMP vs Hunter/Lock/Sham? Scatter trinketted or just eaten or blocked (or evasioned if on Rogue) Wyvern willed (or evasioned if on Rogue), Fear dispelled or willed or blocked, Deathcoil trinketted or dispelled, now all outs are used and the Rogue still has at least 1 vanish left and definitely a CB, Mage has a second pet second DF up. Lock/Hunter are completely out of peels. Shaman dies a second later. The only reason RLS vs RMP seems more controlled is because of the Rogue v Rogue metagame and how good Rogues are at throwing out quick peels. With a 1 second GCD and many, many ways to throw peels, the Shaman can sort of stay alive.

Again, in concept its the same, the only difference is a Rogue versus a Hunter or some other class as peeler.

Its different because you're positing a single class combo having difficulty peeling the RMP, while DK/BM is impossible to peel, period, for the duration of the cds.

Nothing makes RMP impossible to peel, there just have to be a lot of peels very fast. It may not be different in practice for some teams (I think a minority), but for most teams its a fairly big difference.

i'm unbannable

#60 Sykoh

Sykoh
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Subtlety 0/1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1648
  • 3v3: 1989
  • RBG: 1717

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:26 AM

Hunter and his pet are miles away from pally because he's chasing the priest around pillars and into starting rooms...25 yard range on Master's Call, bro.

god ur arguments are just ugh
if you used your head for once and thought what if MAYBE just MAYBE that the hunter could master call the DK and Pally Freedomed HIMSELF? oh shnap!!!
am i gettin trolled lol cuz i cant tell if you're really that dumb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<