#21 browniking

browniking
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 06 June 2009 - 01:55 AM

Zerg the pally, and force the DK/BM hunter to go defensive and peel. Make pally blow bubble, mass dispel, game.

You've gotta know you're not gonna get a lot of CC off in that game because of TBW/LOLDK CDs-you're only real option is going on the pally at first while the DK/hunter CDs are up. When they're down, a switch becomes viable.

you say it like he's gonna MassDispel when he has a BM/DK shittin all over his face. if you're gonna theorycraft it.. then the dk is gonna spam CoI on rogue, pop Antizone and have the paladin sit in there... ect, ect.

they might have played it wrong, they might have just been completely outplayed.

#22 Grombringal

Grombringal
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 06 June 2009 - 01:55 AM

Twixz reppin the Hunter community~

#23 Lysander

Lysander
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 06 June 2009 - 01:56 AM

I don't think it's at all similar. Hydra is widely regarded as the best Priest in the world and he got destroyed in seconds. Hafu played badly and got destroyed, Kollectiv played well and they rocked Gravitas. Shaman do get raped without extremely heavy peels against PMR but those peels are at least possible. Can't peel a BM hunter and a DK, really.

You act like Gravitas is a stunning example of RMP play =/.

#24 Salem

Salem
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost

There's absolutely zero comparison between Hydra getting crapped on by BM-DK and a shaman getting trained by RMP. There's plenty of control, switches, and cooldown management to kill a shaman on RLS, and kollektiv survived it just fine.

Don't be thick.

The BM hunter literally pops BW and tunnel visions the priest until death. No control on the 2 other players, no interrupts, just obscene damage zerg.

#25 Trakke

Trakke
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 1903

remove BM already, immunities is a such a retarded mechanic...And nerf all damage overall with 30% and healing aswell, fucking bring back atleast some chess. I heard surviving BM while using PS, instants and penance while your rogues peeling the DK and disarming the hunter should work, but i might be wrong
Posted Image

#26 harlequinkopeck

harlequinkopeck
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Destruction

did anyone see the hunter when he outplayed hydra?

#27 Sykoh

Sykoh
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Subtlety 0/1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1648
  • 3v3: 1989
  • RBG: 1717

Posted 06 June 2009 - 01:57 AM

i got to admit tho
those matches made me giggle

#28 Lysander

Lysander
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

You do realize that if you're opening on the paladin, there are zero peels on the DK / hunter. No dismantles, no garrote kidneys.. and there's no way the priest is getting a mass dispel off on the pally. If you ignore the BM and the DK they'll just zerg the priest and it will be over in 4 seconds instead of 15.

You can Dismantle the Hunter most of the time because they rush in together and the Hunter has to stand still to get max damage, which he needs if he's going to kill Priest quickly. Thus Paladin and Hunter are near, Sprint dismantle swap back. You aren't understanding: you are not peeling the DK/Hunter at all by getting on them. The only way to peel the DK, for example, is through magic CCs -- DF, shackle, novas.

#29 Puch

Puch
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Balance

Zerg the pally, and force the DK/BM hunter to go defensive and peel. Make pally blow bubble, mass dispel, game.

or Zerg the pally, he bubbles, game over your priest is dead.

#30 Salem

Salem
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:00 AM

There is absolutely no way the priest is getting MD on the paladin bubble, therefore there is absolutely no way mage rogue will win that race over BM - DK. Period.

#31 Lysander

Lysander
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

There's absolutely zero comparison between Hydra getting crapped on by BM-DK and a shaman getting trained by RMP. There's plenty of control, switches, and cooldown management to kill a shaman on RLS, and kollektiv survived it just fine.

Don't be thick.

The BM hunter literally pops BW and tunnel visions the priest until death. No control on the 2 other players, no interrupts, just obscene damage zerg.

It isn't really that different in concept, the difference is that Lock/Rogue have a lot more continual peeling ability than Hunter/x. On TR I played Hunter/Lock/Shaman, and games basically went like that -- RMP opens, we blow our cooldowned peels and then have nothing while RMP keeps dumping offensive cooldowns. RLS is a bit different because of Rogue stuns and 2 vanish CS that will land on Evasioned targets, plus ofc gouge/blind.

#32 zzid

zzid
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

You can Dismantle the Hunter most of the time because they rush in together and the Hunter has to stand still to get max damage, which he needs if he's going to kill Priest quickly. Thus Paladin and Hunter are near, Sprint dismantle swap back. You aren't understanding: you are not peeling the DK/Hunter at all by getting on them. The only way to peel the DK, for example, is through magic CCs -- DF, shackle, novas.

Fat chance at any of those going through lichborn/freedom/bm. This team straight up counters rmp. DG STRANGULATE CHAINS DEAD, pretty much no matter what. Sad shit is, ensidia could have played holy paladin/war/feral druid, or a plate heavy cleave team and faceroled to victory over the worthless bm hunter.

#33 Elraen

Elraen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Crushridge
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 2028

A BM hunter and a DK should be able to drop the Priest far quicker than they can drop the Paladin, though, I'd think.

I mean, I just don't see why they'd need to play defensive at all. If they turn it into a 'zerg the healer' PMR should lose every time because the Priest wont be able to mass dispel with a Dk and a BM hunter on him.

In Ruins, Hydra died because...he came out of the starting room (not sure why he left when the BM hunter was....disarmed). TBW was down, DK CDs (except for DG) were gone. At that point, CCs could have gone out.

Again-the best you can do during TBW/lich/AMS is to disarm someone and try and pop their healer. If the rogue just opens on the pally, mage also opens on pally, they're probably going to get the bubble-they don't even need a mass dispel because by then, the hunter/DK cooldowns will be gone, they can make a quick switch to save the priest and play a "normal" RMP strat.
-Aëon, the hunter formerly known as Elraen
-Formerly Sïn

"And rmp is fine it isn't even that amazing"

-Gladiator Mage

#34 jurgwena

jurgwena
  • Jurgwena
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:01 AM

The only game where ensidia tried to adapt AT ALL was the last one and their spirits were so crushed by that point it didn't really matter anymore. Extremely weak play from a sheltered PMR.

#35 browniking

browniking
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:02 AM

i was just happy to see a Hunter in there... n_n

#36 Lysander

Lysander
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:02 AM

Yeah, you can't Mass Dispel the Bubble really (it would probably end up resisting anyway -_-;;), but unless we're assuming that the Paladin is going to bubble right off the bat (and few Paladins are willing to do such a thing -- call it unneeded superstition, but most Paladins are like that) he's not going to be able to cleanse as much as he is right now. You can't ignore the fact that you aren't peeling the DK whatsoever by getting on him, and you aren't peeling the Hunter whatsoever by getting on him. RMPs should know this by now =/.

#37 Elraen

Elraen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Crushridge
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 2028

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:04 AM

I don't think it's at all similar. Hydra is widely regarded as the best Priest in the world and he got destroyed in seconds. Hafu played badly and got destroyed, Kollectiv played well and they rocked Gravitas. Shaman do get raped without extremely heavy peels against PMR but those peels are at least possible. Can't peel a BM hunter and a DK, really.

You can peel a DK-you just can be a tard and try it when he's got a big green bubble around him. It only lasts a few seconds. He should be sitting in a nova basically the entire time it's not up-and let's assume he chained IBF and lich after to stop sheeps/stuns-he can still be novad.
-Aëon, the hunter formerly known as Elraen
-Formerly Sïn

"And rmp is fine it isn't even that amazing"

-Gladiator Mage

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 2/1/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1369
  • 3v3: 1584
  • RBG: 384

my favourite part is watching a priest with 22k hp and 1000 resil unbuffed get trained down by cleave with 203 dps weapons :)

and by a priest i mean the best priest in the world

#39 Lysander

Lysander
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

BTW not saying it isn't a countercomp.. it clearly is, the only reason they're playing it is BECAUSE it beats RMP. Versus cleave for example it would get absolutely tanked because BM Hunter damage is awful versus heavy armor. Just saying that it was sad to see Ensidia not realize such fundamental things.. even if a different strat wouldn't guarantee a win, there's absolutely no reason to keep trying with a crap strat.

#40 Salem

Salem
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:05 AM

Yeah, you can't Mass Dispel the Bubble really (it would probably end up resisting anyway -_-;;), but unless we're assuming that the Paladin is going to bubble right off the bat (and few Paladins are willing to do such a thing -- call it unneeded superstition, but most Paladins are like that) he's not going to be able to cleanse as much as he is right now. You can't ignore the fact that you aren't peeling the DK whatsoever by getting on him, and you aren't peeling the Hunter whatsoever by getting on him. RMPs should know this by now =/.

Oh, I agree, but there's just not much you can do. I do believe it is their own fault for not coming prepared with a backup comp to switch out. I do know some of the other RMPs have a contingency plan for DK- BM - paladin at this event, we'll get to see them tomorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<