#41 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:42 AM

We're not on the same level here. I'm not saying "You can take x spec to rank 1", I'm saying "These specs WORK, Joe Bloggs can play his BM hunter or prot warrior and get to a decent standing in arena. In TBC he was fucked.".

Like I said, high-end arena may be messy but PvP balance as a whole isn't. It's a lot better. As is PvE and even professions.

Average Joe could play Fire Mage in BC or whatever obscure spec you want to point out and get to "decent standing" in arena. The same thing was possible in BC as it is in WOTLK. Are you just like saying shit to say it or what? I don't even get you at this point.

But moreover, you can't say "decent standing" because that's relative to the person speaking and to the average Joe playing.

Stop talking about PvE on this site. It's Arenajunkies. Even if people on here DO care about PvE, this site had no intentions of discussing it. If it did, there would be at least one section on the entire site dedicated to it.

inb4 "u must be mad".

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#42 Alysana

Alysana
  • Junkies

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:55 AM

We're not on the same level here. I'm not saying "You can take x spec to rank 1", I'm saying "These specs WORK, Joe Bloggs can play his BM hunter or prot warrior and get to a decent standing in arena. In TBC he was fucked.".

Like I said, high-end arena may be messy but PvP balance as a whole isn't. It's a lot better. As is PvE and even professions.

The only reason why people can play more or less any spec and class and pair it with a random and do well is because pretty much everyone can do absurdly retarded burst, and shit dies in 20 seconds so it doesn't fucking matter.

In TBC you could make choices before you were dead, you could outplay people. You needed synergy in your comp in the form of control and CC, otherwise you were pretty much fucked, just as it should be to prevent all the mindless zerging about. Simply because damage:health:healing ratio wasn't as screwed as it is now.

You're really living in your own litle world if you believe that WoW should have every single talent tree viable for every class, because that simply wont happen.

I don't even know why I bother to read this thread, let alone respond because this is so far out it's ridiclious.

#43 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:26 PM

How dare I have a different opinion. Quick, better throw insults and base my whole argument on pleasant memories.
<Memorable quote>

#44 Sílvara1296680366

Sílvara1296680366
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:04 PM

How dare I have a different opinion. Quick, better throw insults and base my whole argument on pleasant memories.

Different opinions are fine.

When you're blantantly wrong, and refuse to admit it, then it becomes a problem.
:warrior:

#45 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:09 PM

Different opinions are fine.

When you're blantantly wrong, and refuse to admit it, then it becomes a problem.

What would you know about admitting you're wrong?

Regardless, this is a joke. If you want to keep your good memories of TBC, that's fine. But don't think for a second that living in a good memory changes the fact that TBC was even worse than what the PvP (and only PvP) is now.

Go poke Lolflay for the details to the 2.4.3 private server. Go relive the days of mace stun and druids and see how good memories should stay in your mind.

Done with this.
<Memorable quote>

#46 Abeyance

Abeyance
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/0/2/.

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:36 PM

Mace stun wasn't fun. Playing a Priest and being inferior to Druids wasn't fun. Maybe I am living in a nostalgic dream but I am pretty sure it was better back then. Playing P/R and pulling out wins against comps that were supposedly counters was enjoyable. Playing long matches and eking out that win just barely was fun. Now it's more just repetitive "Oh look I killed someone in a Strangulate," or "Oh look my partner died in a HoJ." I know this is from a 2's perspective, but I really can't see how this is better than TBC.

Arenajunkies is here to entertain you.

Activi$ion Blizzard.

#47 Pobzy

Pobzy
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Dragonmaw
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:49 PM

Regardless, this is a joke. If you want to keep your good memories of TBC, that's fine. But don't think for a second that living in a good memory changes the fact that TBC was even worse than what the PvP (and only PvP) is now.

Go poke Lolflay for the details to the 2.4.3 private server. Go relive the days of mace stun and druids and see how good memories should stay in your mind.

Done with this.

I don't see how you can even remotely compare things like dieing in cheap shot vs double rogue, strangulate vs DKs, HOJ vs ret paladins with things like mace stun in BC.

#48 Levidian

Levidian
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:51 PM

Arena is worse now than it was at any point in BC, barring 3.0.

Wat
Top 1000 user club: #562
Armchair Blogger - 04/20/2010
http://wowriot.gamer...Reality-Collide

#49 Sílvara1296680366

Sílvara1296680366
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:17 PM

Wat

He's right.
:warrior:

#50 Melliah

Melliah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2302

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:18 PM

Done with this.

someone is enjoying being a wotlk hero a little too much, take deep deep breaths its going to be okay, even if noone actually agrees with you.

If this shitbag Beastcleave comp wins again I'm going to drive a bus full of nuns into a school for retarded children and blow it up.

sadly, this wouldnt even be overreacting

you arent obeying the rules, the rules clearly state
A. Never get big and/or Stay Small (AT ALL TIMES)
B. Stay 2nd
and you're doing neither, you're getting big and staying like 20th, the police will be after you, and when they find you, don't run

#51 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:27 PM

someone is enjoying being a wotlk hero a little too much, take deep deep breaths its going to be okay, even if noone actually agrees with you.

It's cute and amusing that you think this site is some sort of popularity contest.
<Memorable quote>

#52 Elraen

Elraen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Crushridge
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 2028

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:53 PM

I agree that people are harsh on GC, treating him as the mastermind behind changes when he is merely the spokesman (he has said dumb shit, which is what he should be called out on, but the balance changes aren't really him entirely).

He's not just the spokesman-he's the lead fucking designer. Anything that happens he either came up with or approved.
-Aëon, the hunter formerly known as Elraen
-Formerly Sïn

"And rmp is fine it isn't even that amazing"

-Gladiator Mage

#53 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:37 PM

A handful of changes. Are you kidding me?

Specs that sucked in TBC;

Demonology (Not SL/SL)
Affliction
Destruction
Fire
Arcane
Protection (paladin)
Fury
Protection (warrior)
Balance
Feral
Beast Mastery
Survival
Holy (priest)
Holy (paladin)
Enhance
Combat
Assassination

And hell, maybe more. No, "This one time, I saw a feral" doesn't count. Balance those with a "handful of changes".

Anyone who looks at that list and says "Well, they don't need to be balanced" has no right to comment on GC. Balance isn't just making 6 specs of 5 classes work and telling the rest to fuck off or reroll.

You do not need every spec of every class to be viable. It's a nice thought, but it's pointless. It's impossible to balance 30 specs with each other. That's why ret pallies are the way they are atm.

I'd rather have a playable game where I was forced into one spec (Which I can dual spec to! OMG. And some classes are still that way) on every class, than arena the way it is now. There are very few classes that have more than one "best" spec, in spite of the changes that have been done. Most of the ones you listed still aren't actually played with real frequency.

#54 Eleswon

Eleswon
  • Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Holy 0/2/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 960

Posted 06 June 2009 - 04:15 AM

I didn't want this thread to turn out like this. I just thought that a lot of people were fed up with GC. He is the lead designer so I am sure he has a lot of say in what goes on behind the scenes. He seems to be causing some uproar. There are plenty of people that have gotten banned for posting constructive posts that GC doesn't agree with.

My point is that even IF he was only a spokesman, it is not proper representation for arena. I think he sends a bad message out to up and coming players (such as myself).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<