• Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Holy 0/2/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 960

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:44 AM

As a new player to WoW is it not encouraging to see all of the crap that GC is spewing out. Blizz looks like a nazi organization. People are getting banned for constructive posts and I read these forums every day and GC being dumb always seems to come up. Why don't we all put together a professional petition against GCs behavior and presence in the community and forward it to a higher-up? If nothing else it will send a strong message to GC. I think we could put all of this frustration towards a positive outcome. If we can get rid of GC maybe we can get someone who will actually listen to the people that play arena at high levels (read: not me).

#2 Qua

Qua
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Darkmoon Faire
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:19 AM

A nazi organization? Could you come up with examples of people being banned for constructive posts. I really wished blizzard would just stay away from the forums all together. At the moment it appears that blizzard are just following mainstream. If enough players come to the forum to whine about a subject, blizzard will take it that something actually is wrong and change it right away.

Well, it's not so much an internet problem as a...well, he lives in Alaska, there was a camping trip, a bear and his face and mauling might have been involved. I guess he could always listen even if he can't speak.

#3 Jedik

Jedik
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:20 AM

Belarin made a petition thread which has 1,231 replies as of now.

http://www.arenajunk...ead.php?t=56217

#4 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:29 AM

Overall, the game has come leaps and bounds since TBC. This whole "GC did something I don't like" idiocity gets stale fast.

Also the fact that anyone thinks GC balances this game alone is amusing.
<Memorable quote>

#5 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:33 AM

Overall, the game has come leaps and bounds since TBC.

How the fuck do you figure? As far as pvp is concerned, it seems to have gotten worse over time.

#6 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:56 AM

How the fuck do you figure? As far as pvp is concerned, it seems to have gotten worse over time.

There's more to the game than just arena. I mean yeah, I agree, PvP is a chore right now (even if it may well just be me personally getting sick of it, so take that with a pinch of salt). If arena was alls I played for, I'd be pretty pissed off too. However, it's not. The rest of the game is so much better balanced. Even arena is nowhere near as bad as some people here make out.
<Memorable quote>

#7 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:02 AM

Arena is worse now than it was at any point in BC, barring 3.0.

PvE was well done with hard modes. But after 4 years of hitting my 4 buttons on whichever class I cared about most at the time, it's no longer a challenge. I'm not saying PvE is that easy, but it's easy for me to do my role. And simple. Zzz.

I enjoy PvP more than any other aspect of the game, and it's a shitfest atm.

#8 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:08 AM

Arena is worse now than it was at any point in BC, barring 3.0.

Yeah the 5-6 viable specs made the game a real joy. I loved nothing more than chasing a druid around a pillar for 20 minutes while every time he came close to dying, I'd get a convenient mace stun.

No. TBC was awful.
<Memorable quote>

#9 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:10 AM

I'd rather play chase the druid than die in an HoJ any day.

#10 Alysana

Alysana
  • Junkies

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:10 AM

I really don't give a shit how well done Ulduar is, this is arenajunkies, not fucking eltistjerks. Sorry but it's really annoying to constantly read people defending GC and saying the game is better than ever when arena is clearly in it's worst state.

#11 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:14 AM

I really don't give a shit how well done Ulduar is, this is arenajunkies, not fucking eltistjerks. Sorry but it's really annoying to constantly read people defending GC and saying the game is better than ever when arena is clearly in it's worst state.

Go on then. Explain why arena is in a worse state. Tell us why you want mace stun, endless mana druids and 4/4 rogues back.

"But we can take those things out!"

Yeah, guess who did that.
<Memorable quote>

#12 Alysana

Alysana
  • Junkies

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:18 AM

Don't be retarded and ask why arena is currently in a bad state, jesus.

But hey, druids currently got endless mana.

Instead of 4/4 rogues we got death knights and ret paladins.

The only thing we lost was mace stun, but that was given to hunters instead in S5 np, it was fixed now though.

All in all, arena is too fast paced and it's too mindless in it's current state.

#13 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:21 AM

They turned 20 minute matches into 20 second matches. So where you used to use cooldowns intelligently and to counter other cooldowns, battling back and forth, you now just spam them until something dies or you run out of them, because if you don't, the other team will and will win. It's garbage.

#14 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:26 AM

They turned 20 minute matches into 20 second matches. So where you used to use cooldowns intelligently and to counter other cooldowns, battling back and forth, you now just spam them until something dies or you run out of them, because if you don't, the other team will and will win. It's garbage.

A fancy way of saying "Melee are ridiculous" and they already admitted that. They nerfed every single melee class you see in arena last patch. Not much, but it happened.

It's cute that you think spamming dps into a clothy didn't happen in S3 and S4 though. If you're admitting it did, then what changed? Only immediate difference I can think of is that casters suck. I'm looking over your 3v3 match history and excluding prep time, most of your games are 3-4 minutes long. I'm not convinced.
<Memorable quote>

#15 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:30 AM

It's cute that you thing it's just melee now (you chaos bolt+conflag for how much again?). And it's cute that you think they think there's a problem now. They posted that rets and DKs don't need significant changes. They think that 20% less armor in frost presence, chains of ice giving more RP (but not come at 0 cost), and freedom having a 6 sec duration instead of 10 (but still break stuns) is enough to tune the classes. It's laughable.

Yes, clothies got pounded in the past. No, it was never this bad, other than 4/4 glaive rogues. And that's what everything is now.

I'm looking over your 3v3 match history and excluding prep time, most of your games are 3-4 minutes long. I'm not convinced.

Minute of prep area, 30 seconds to sap and open, 30 seconds for the fight to be won or lost, and 30 seconds to clean up. It's not every match, but it's a lot of them. We spend more time 3v2ing than it took to kill that first person usually.

#16 Alysana

Alysana
  • Junkies

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:37 AM

Pointless to discuss it with Tya as he's heavily trolling (or I sure as fuck hope so rofl). Anyways we're kinda derailing the thread big time, so get it back on track.

I honestly don't know if it'd help a lot to sew such a thing together and send it to the guys further up the system. I honestly believe it's a lost cause and we'll just have to wait and hope they decide what to balance this game around.

#17 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:40 AM

Yes, everyone bitched about how stupid mace stun and 4/4 rogues were back in TBC, but if I knew this shitfest (WOTLK arena) was coming, I'd have never complained.

20 minute matches did not happen in 3v3 in TBC, unless it was like doubler healer/x vs double healer/x. There was an abundance of WLD, RLD, RMP, and cleave and the likelihood of double healer teams mirroring each other was pretty fucking low.

How anyone can possibly say TBC was worse than WOTLK is beyond me, for fucks sake.

The biggest change that was needed to speed up some games back then in 2v2 would've been to implement the spellpower changes earlier for healer to do more burst.

Druids: Feral still does ridiculous burst, you have to be fucking retarded to oom as resto.

Rogues: Die in cheapshots to other rogues, or at least cheap to ks. Even with the healer not CC'd, a rogue can still drop another rogue in a cheap to kidney if you're not immediately on top of healing your rogue and blowing lots of CD's.

DKs: ZERO, AND I MEAN ZERO negative drawback to letting your fucking pet die as Unholy because it's back in 30 SECONDS, INSTANT CAST. Frost DK's can do ~24k damage in 3 seconds (3 globals for them, 2 globals for others) against players with over 900 resilience.

Rets: Same story as DKs in terms of damage.

Like, I'm not even going to continue.

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#18 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:43 AM

The biggest change that was needed to speed up some games back then in 2v2 would've been to implement the spellpower changes earlier for healer to do more burst.

Or just put a cooldown on water to prevent nonstop sipping and resetting. But it's like we can come up with a handful of changes for BC arena to make it near balanced, whereas WotLK needs a total revamp to come even close.

#19 Cruxis

Cruxis

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:19 AM

A nazi organization? Could you come up with examples of people being banned for constructive posts.

I recieved a 3 week ban for saying Mage Armor needs to be "either changed or removed."

And thats me making a suggestion about my own class.

It was called "Spamming and Trolling."

Ban Type Temporary
Expires 22/06/2009 00:35:56 PDT
Ban Reason Spamming and trolling

Posting annoying messages in the forums, in this case provoking players of a class in their class forum. I.e. trolling: http://forums.wow-eu...292921554&sid=1

* 0. Mage Armor - Change it or Remove it. 29/05/2009 09:56:29 PDT

It really irritates me this ability, because it's so ridiculously overpowered.

Its the one thing that stops me from saying Mages are perfectly balanced.

It really needs to be either completely reworked into something else, or just plainly removed completely.

Honestly it doesnt matter what people think of me. I make money playing this game, and soon to be a world champion. stop us if u can.

Salute to the World Champion.

#20 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:37 AM

Or just put a cooldown on water to prevent nonstop sipping and resetting. But it's like we can come up with a handful of changes for BC arena to make it near balanced, whereas WotLK needs a total revamp to come even close.

A handful of changes. Are you kidding me?

Specs that sucked in TBC;

Demonology (Not SL/SL)
Affliction
Destruction
Fire
Arcane
Protection (paladin)
Fury
Protection (warrior)
Balance
Feral
Beast Mastery
Survival
Holy (priest)
Holy (paladin)
Enhance
Combat
Assassination

And hell, maybe more. No, "This one time, I saw a feral" doesn't count. Balance those with a "handful of changes".

Anyone who looks at that list and says "Well, they don't need to be balanced" has no right to comment on GC. Balance isn't just making 6 specs of 5 classes work and telling the rest to fuck off or reroll.
<Memorable quote>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<