• Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:32 PM

you could also los back then while hots kept most of it up;now
its spamhealing to keep up vs 1 dps

Seriously? Druid hots are by far and away the best way of keeping anyone alive while avoiding cc/dispels.

#162 Shadowleak

Shadowleak
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Archimonde
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:34 PM

Druid: Avoid fears/burns/heal partner

priests: mana burn/run to fear/ occasionally press shield and heal the rogue

I understand that druids are a bit OP atm but I don't see a higher skillcap on priests, if any.

Avoid fear/burns = standing still rolling hots at max range, your partner should easily keep both the priest and his partner snared....this is hard?

Mana burn is a waste of mana vs druids, welcome to s6.

Occasionally press shield and heal? If I'm only occasionally healing then your warrior is piss terrible.
:paladin: / :hunter: S1-2
:rogue: S3
:priest: S5-6

#163 Siqk

Siqk
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:38 PM

I understand that druids are a bit OP atm but I don't see a higher skillcap on priests, if any.

You really shouldn't be allowed to post whatsoever.

New mana burn is almost useless against a druid.
Avoiding fear is a complete joke considering the vast majority of druids play with warriors/dks.
If you only occasionally press fear and occasionally heal the rogue your rogue wouldn't survive more than a minute, but of course you would know that if you understood anything about this game. Not all healers can sit back and roll hots and swiftmend through DK/Warrior/Ret damage for ten minutes, ESPECIALLY not priests.

#164 Iluwen

Iluwen
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Forscherliga
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:46 PM

It is impossible right now to play out of tree-form with ~4000 armor. And it is neither fun for Druids nor for their opponents to sit in tree-form all the time.

With the changes we will sit at ~10k without tree and at ~12k with tree-form and I think these values seem to be okay.

#165 Sunjer

Sunjer
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:47 PM

You can't get slowed, and you run 40% faster than me, do you really think its harder for you to run away? And you can also say I need to los your CC as much as you need to los my burns. Thing is, that even if you don't los it, you'll still be able to run behind a pillar and ask your partner to burn defensive CDs while you're drinking to full. At least against dru warr we can gibb the warr in a kidney, but against dks (which also have a pet that makes it pretty impossible to reset/restealh) its beyond ridicolous.

I'm not saying priest is hard, nothing is hard in WOTLK pvp, but druid (esp when playing with a dk) is just way too easy. I think the class has pretty high skill cap and we could've seen it in BC, but at the moment you won't find much difference between a 1800,2000,2200 and 2500 druid.

As I said before, I dont want the class to be completly nerfed, I just want a change to glyph of barskin, that's will do for me.

#166 Lilic

Lilic
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:02 PM

lol?

Ok you say you never touched the druid. But that druid was always in tree form because if he ever switched he would die a horrible death after being retargeted.
After the patch, that druid you never touched will be casting cyclones and roots on your rogue.
Happy days.

The druid sitting in tree is definitely not the primary reason PR can't reliable go for the druid. Even before this patch the druid can come out to CC; he is still relatively safe not because of his armor but because warriors with 15/25 charge intercepts and DKs with infinite CoI spam can peel a rogue instantly. I really don't think PR vs WD or DKD will change too much from this patch.

#167 toastersbakery

toastersbakery
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:03 PM

because i play dk druid

#168 odium

odium
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:04 PM

2. So let me guess, it should be the other way around?

3. Priests are the easiet healer? Do you really find sitting whole game in treeform rolling hots and drinking harder? This retarded playstyle is prolly even easier than playing a holy paladin. Mana burn is very potent? Have you stopped playing after ths first week of this season?

Druids are pretty fine? I actually agree, druids are pretty fine, innvervate + glyph of barskin arent fine. Mana tide can be killed, shadowfiend can be CC'ed, divine plea can get dispelled and you get ms effect on your heals (or undispelled but you heal for shit), and innvervate can..hmm..what? Full undispellable mana every 6m is not fine, not at all.

I don't want them to be gimped as they were in s5, I just want them to get punished for playing bad, and now we don't even get that.

I agree with you on the tree form. My post wasn't put together very well i was angry at the time. I do think barkskin + innervate are rather overpowered its basically that druids have a standard 30k mana pool without counting regen, which isn't right.

My point is, i don't sit in tree form the whole fight, why? because I play this game for fun and to suceed, fun for me is actually contributing more to the fight than just making pixels in small bars move. I do as much CC as i can without it being just plain annoying, and game-lengthening. Cycloning when player is on low HP to avoid ns-heal etc (just an example). But granted Druid's don't currently HAVE to play like that to gain at least shoulder rating. Which isn't right, but i feel that druids aren't so overpowered that they are unbeatable I think it's just they already have an advantage espcially with a pretty much non dispellable innervate.

#169 Prov

Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:07 PM

i'd rather druids just sat in tree form instead of cycloning rofl

I really hope blizzard does something about this. because the Impossibleness of cleave to beat any comp, really, is just an excruciating process that involves immense skill and luck. Buff warriors death knights and pallys, nerf mages and rogues.

#170 toastersbakery

toastersbakery
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:08 PM

Avoid fear/burns = standing still rolling hots at max range, your partner should easily keep both the priest and his partner snared....this is hard?
\

Did i say that was hard? All i said was that while im doing that the priest isnt doing anything different besides shielding the rogue/renew/lesser heal is that hard?

#171 kkem444

kkem444
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Bloodscalp
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:10 PM

I'm the tool because your class has to do 3 things in arena. Heal dispell and fear. All in no particular order, its sad when your failing at something so simple. :( RMP! :rogue::mage::priest:

HEY BRO I NEED TO USE TRINKET AND POWER INFUSION TOO DONT SELL MY CLASS SHORT

seriously though if you play with a priest that gets by doing nothing but dispel fear and heal, find a new priest and stop carrying him. We are considered the most offensive healer for a reason and it isnt dispel and fear.

#172 kkem444

kkem444
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Bloodscalp
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:11 PM

Did i say that was hard? All i said was that while im doing that the priest isnt doing anything different besides shielding the rogue/renew/lesser heal is that hard?

no its not hard, it also doesnt amount to a victory, ever.

#173 toastersbakery

toastersbakery
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:13 PM

standing in one spot putting up hots and abolish doesnt amount in a victory either... thats my point....

#174 odium

odium
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:16 PM

I LOVE CAKE LOL FUCKING CAKE NERF RET PALADINS!!!!

#175 kkem444

kkem444
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Bloodscalp
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:21 PM

standing in one spot putting up hots and abolish doesnt amount in a victory either... thats my point....

no but staying max range at all times and putting up hots will. assuming your partner can keep a snare up.

edit: against priest/rogue it will at least, cant speak for other comps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<