#41 ddank

ddank
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 29 May 2009 - 02:00 AM

i think shaman would benefit most from nerfs to other classes, just as priests would.

do something to fix manatide and either make improved eshield undispellable or heal for a % when removed via dispels is pretty much the major thing i think would help, but this is from an outside pov :P

generally though i feel shaman are the same boat as me, and the biggest buffs you could get would be nerfs on stupid specs like prot/holy paladins and innervate.

re: hex...in fairness i think it's something people expect you to deal with - it's sad that it's useless vs a druid, as so many things are, but mages have dealt with this for a long time regarding snares and polys and locks dealt with it regarding fear on pre-wotlk warriors etc. i'd say make hex magic, but that would cause more harm than good :P. i personally don't see them nerfing hex against druids :s

lol, the difference is that hex is completely worthless against druid TEAMS, those cases you mentioned..the lock could still fear the warriors partner/mage sheep him

#42 Raidor

Raidor
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:26 AM

i don't play a sham, but my mate is and the problems are fairly obv.

imp ghost wolf needs to break snares, they're the easiest healer in the game to sit on.

mana tide is a garbage ability, so easily killed unless you can place it in the perfect spot

earth shield is garbage vs teams with dispel, adding the lifebloom idea on it would be good.. problem is it's also way more expensive then lifebloom and so much of the bonus heal would be an overheal that it negates it.

#43 Ramuuh

Ramuuh
  • Ramuuh
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Hydraxis
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 29 May 2009 - 05:48 PM

i don't play a sham, but my mate is and the problems are fairly obv.

imp ghost wolf needs to break snares, they're the easiest healer in the game to sit on.

mana tide is a garbage ability, so easily killed unless you can place it in the perfect spot

earth shield is garbage vs teams with dispel, adding the lifebloom idea on it would be good.. problem is it's also way more expensive then lifebloom and so much of the bonus heal would be an overheal that it negates it.

I still don't understand why we have to spend 2 points on imp ghost wolf just to make it instant :mad:

And why on god's green earth do we have to waste a talent point on mana tide?

Shaman: Mana Tide (Talent)
Paladin: Divine Plea (Trainable)
Priest: Hymn of Hope (Trainable), Shadow Fiend (Trainable)
Druid: Innervate (Trainable)

lol wut?

For pve "Dropping Mana Tide!" over vent used to usher players to my divine totem of amazingness. Now, people don't even bother getting in range.
:shaman::warrior: For life

Totem stomping was (is) retarded, but atm, it was the only thing keeping certain OP totems in check

#44 Conceitedlol

Conceitedlol
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:44 PM

The way we play this is just always saving death grip for HoJ no matter what. Usually if your DK's target get away from him it's better to just switch anyways because you generally want to switch a lot so he has to keep putting hots back up. So he shouldn't really need grip up to stay on his target.

Thanks for the advice, we'll try this out next time we play them.

#45 squidbitz

squidbitz
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Uldaman
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:52 PM

I don't really have high rated experience on my shaman, but I totally agree with making more junk buffs undispellable!

Dispelling vs. priest drood feels useless atm, where as we are so vulnerable to dispel! I don't think this is right. A few GCD's takes off all our HoTs, and ES which is a huge hit! meanwhile I feel like I go Oom is seconds just trying to get rid of a PW:S, let alone a HoT stack or something...

Finally I feel my manna efficiency/regen is pathetic, and I have no way of getting manna back while in combat as other healers do. As soon as I hit 50% I start to panic because I know I can be trained and killed by any melee. I spend 90% of matches trying to keep my manna up so I can actually help my partner. Although this might improve I feel like Drood, Pallies, and Priests can all stay in the fight at any manna level since they know they can blow CD's to get manna back.

I also agree shaman really need one long CD oh shit button. Either that or a mitigation buff of some sort.

Finally Tremor NEEDS to be fixed. It is absolutely useless unless you place it in the perfect place, and it happens to tick before you get feared out of range...

#46 Pythe

Pythe
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication

Posted 29 May 2009 - 07:08 PM

I fail to see why A) it would have to be a long cd oh shit button and B) it would have to be an Oh shit im gonna die button.

AMS, 1 minute, Cloak of shadows, same thing, Barkskin. Hell even bear form and frost presence and defensive stance/reflect spam.

some of those skills are even capable of being used offensively to ensure that the dk or rogue doesnt get cc'd while going for a kill, something that would benefit ele greatly

#47 Msungo

Msungo
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Spinebreaker
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 29 May 2009 - 07:14 PM

Tremor doesn't need a fix in it's current mechanics, it still is the most powerful fear dispel in the game. What all totems need is 40y range.

#48 Ramuuh

Ramuuh
  • Ramuuh
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Hydraxis
  • Emberstorm

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:19 PM

Tremor doesn't need a fix in it's current mechanics, it still is the most powerful fear dispel in the game. What all totems need is 40y range.

Tremor totem is not the problem, Totem Stomping is the problem.
:shaman::warrior: For life

Totem stomping was (is) retarded, but atm, it was the only thing keeping certain OP totems in check

#49 Msungo

Msungo
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Spinebreaker
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:22 AM

He said Tremor totem needs to be fixed, I say Tremor totem is fine (other then all totems having shity range). Totem Stopming is a whole different issue.

#50 Cromelol

Cromelol
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 30 May 2009 - 05:45 PM

- Make ghostwolf stealth.
- ES mana cost reduced by 50%
- Mana tide: 1 min cd with 50% mana regen.
- Earthbind taking out all slow effects for better kiting.

#51 Eureka

Eureka
  • Members

Posted 30 May 2009 - 06:49 PM

:)

#52 Bailou

Bailou
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 30 May 2009 - 07:04 PM

you have to remember that they are mainly balancing around pve where they find shamans pretty good in terms of balance so I'd actually be surprised if you will see any major shaman buffs in a while but it's pretty needed

#53 Meeper

Meeper
  • Snerp
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 30 May 2009 - 07:08 PM

Resto shamans aren't doing much better in PVE either atm. We get majorly outclassed by druids and priests in aoe healing now. There's a bunch of detailed threads about it on the healing forums.

#54 Moonies

Moonies
  • Moderators
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 1/0/0/0/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 957
  • 3v3: 2074
  • RBG: 192

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:56 PM

- ES mana cost reduced by 50%
- Mana tide: 1 min cd with 50% mana regen.
- Earthbind taking out all slow effects for better kiting.

best be trollin

#55 Brunn

Brunn
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 31 May 2009 - 05:56 AM

itd be nice if shamans were op for once since vanilla. :P

give us an oh shit button blizzard and ill be happy.

Why is druids gcd 1sec and every other healer 1.5sec ?

#56 Brunn

Brunn
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 31 May 2009 - 06:04 AM

~Mana issues when being trained by melee.
~Mana issues when not being trained by melee.
~Keeping up with the healing of a Priest/Druid.
~Defensive cooldowns while being trained by double dps.
~Totems just being worthless on a team with a pet, especially tremor/mana tide.

nuff said

Why is druids gcd 1sec and every other healer 1.5sec ?

#57 Dewizzle

Dewizzle
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 31 May 2009 - 06:32 AM

depressing when can match the dmg of war ret or dk druid cleave and ill be 100% oom while the druid hasnt even got halfway to the pt of innervating yet, even wtih constant swaps. Getting on me at all instantly just destroys shaman mana, having to tank dk war with es up, and them landing a overpower is just.... Nearly lost some 2v3s after downing one of the melee bcoz i was 100% oom and they full mana just rollin lifeblooms lol.

Still farmed em hard nd hit 2770 with hunt ret shaman =D

#58 Mitear

Mitear
  • Mitear
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 31 May 2009 - 09:33 PM

Also change/remove the racials and talents that reduce chance to be hit by certain spells. They add absolutely nothing to the game but frustration. Most of the time the guy who gets missed won't even notice that his passive racial just won the game.

^
THIS!

#59 Mitear

Mitear
  • Mitear
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 31 May 2009 - 09:38 PM

Actually make GW instant w/o talents.

Give Improved GW stealth while OOC.

Don't see why it would be so OP really. Druids and Rogues have it and they are way deadlier tbh.

#60 ddank

ddank
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:03 PM

i'd rather be unsappable in ghost wolf then get stealth in ghost wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<