#21 Douja

Douja
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:42 PM

I agree with mana tide being shitty overall, but the main problem with shaman efficiency is when targeted mainly and you need to maintain earth shield on yourself to live. So just a buff to mana tide or a way to not get drained while using earth shield would be really nice. As for a counter to dispel, maybe put a negative effect on getting earth shield dispelled similiar to lifebloom (when earth shield is dispelled it heals for X amount based on how many charges it has remaining etc).

#22 Ramuuh

Ramuuh
  • Ramuuh
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Hydraxis
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:45 PM

As for a counter to dispel, maybe put a negative effect on getting earth shield dispelled similiar to lifebloom (when earth shield is dispelled it heals for X amount based on how many charges it has remaining etc).

Best idea I've heard so far. That would be a huge buff and completely necessary
:shaman::warrior: For life

Totem stomping was (is) retarded, but atm, it was the only thing keeping certain OP totems in check

#23 Cuddlybunnyz

Cuddlybunnyz
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Lothar
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/1/2/2/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 1962
  • 3v3: 2325
  • 5v5: 2126
  • RBG: 1790

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:45 PM

i would prefer lust get changed so that the other issues with the class be sorted out instead of it being based around a long cooldown, they are too scared to make changes because in brackets with more players lust is just dominant, pretty much every 5s team is better with a shaman just for having lust on it

#24 fuuga

fuuga

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:46 PM

Hmm, limitations of the shaman class.

Not being able to get away. The only snare we can get rid of is crippling poison, and I'm sure we all know how hard it is to kite a rogue with current poison mechanics and Deadly Brew.

We also have no active defenses. Our only defenses are armor and casting heals on our selves. With armor meaning so little now since warriors are the only ones who still do physical damage really, and the game hating people who try to cast, it makes it too hard to defend yourself as a shaman.

Our mana efficiency system is also worse than any other healer's. Depending on an outside buff is a bad idea in the first place. Pallies have the same system, but without the dependence on keeping a buff up. This ges even worse because of Earth Shield. They need to make our regen less dependent on having water shield up.

Earth shield is much too important to our healing. It either needs to be undispellable, or our healing needs to not be so bad without it.

totems alone are more buttons than rogues use you fucking downie

inb4 delete

#25 Ramuuh

Ramuuh
  • Ramuuh
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Hydraxis
  • Emberstorm

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:50 PM

Not being able to get away. The only snare we can get rid of is crippling poison, and I'm sure we all know how hard it is to kite a rogue with current poison mechanics and Deadly Brew.

Which is the reason why warriors and death knights are able to train us. Chains of Ice / Hamstring :(

Totem stomping was (is) retarded, but atm, it was the only thing keeping certain OP totems in check

#26 Ramuuh

Ramuuh
  • Ramuuh
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Hydraxis
  • Emberstorm

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:54 PM

i would prefer lust get changed

Any ideas on how it would be changed?

#27 AmmanasAP

AmmanasAP
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:06 PM

Hex being useless against druids and our mana effeciency are the ones that get me the most. Not being able to purge druids to create pressure is up there too.

Pretty much any druid team with a brain can sit on a shamans partner the entire game and win the mana war. The druid uses travel form to keep the shaman from drinking and with the 4-second change its very hard to get a 5 second drink against a smart team. If the other team doesn't ever switch to me for WS and doesn't ever let me drink more than a second or two I will go oom keeping my partner up very fast.

Hex its pretty obvious what all the problems are. 20 yard range and druid teams are virtually immune. At least we can hex rogues now though.

The purge thing really bothers me. The whole thing with druids always seems to have been yeah they have the best mobility and they don't have to cast but they are vulnerable to dispels. Now a druid can hot up his partner and run across the map to drink but I can't dispel his 3-stack bloom without healing him for some crazy amount (we don't have MS). They need to make self-proccing buffs physical (art of war, priest buffs, ECT) as well.

#28 Algrumm

Algrumm
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Ravenholdt
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:15 PM

I beat most shaman teams within 20 seconds if their partner isn't a ret paladin, it's awesome.
(I used to play war/sham before my shaman partner had to quit due to RL issues, I know the pains of shamans. :( )

buff shamans plz

#29 Clefairy

Clefairy
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1400
  • 5v5: 1419

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:28 PM

Agree with most of what others have said so far. I just want to add:

Purging right now is a nightmare and is so inconsistent, and consistency is all I really want in arena. I'd like for blizzard to either remove all the dispel resistance talents, or make all trash buffs physical. I hate having to spend 20%+ of my mana just purging at the start just so I have a better chance of purging something important later on in the game. Either make other class's important buffs as easily removed as ours (earth shield), or put something on earth shield to deter people from dispelling it.

Also change/remove the racials and talents that reduce chance to be hit by certain spells. They add absolutely nothing to the game but frustration. Most of the time the guy who gets missed won't even notice that his passive racial just won the game.

#30 Moonies

Moonies
  • Moderators
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 1/0/0/0/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 957
  • 3v3: 2074
  • RBG: 192

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:29 PM

I beat most shaman teams within 20 seconds if their partner isn't a ret paladin, it's awesome.
(I used to play war/sham before my shaman partner had to quit due to RL issues, I know the pains of shamans. :( )

buff shamans plz

omg a troll warrior
/hail

#31 Rice

Rice
  • Junkies

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:30 PM

Also change/remove the racials and talents that reduce chance to be hit by certain spells. They add absolutely nothing to the game but frustration. Most of the time the guy who gets missed won't even notice that his passive racial just won the game.

QFMFT

I'm at 6% hit right now and I love getting hex misses on ret pallies and nelfs. Outplayed.

#32 Moonies

Moonies
  • Moderators
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 1/0/0/0/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 957
  • 3v3: 2074
  • RBG: 192

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:45 PM

QFMFT

I'm at 6% hit right now and I love getting hex misses on ret pallies and nelfs. Outplayed.

Yep. I'm not even bothering going for 6% and just sticking to 4%. Sick of random resists making me lose a game. lame shit

#33 Conceitedlol

Conceitedlol
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:24 PM

Hi there my friends. Some people feel I've been trolling when I asked for buffs to shamans (Duckers is just a hater)

But honestly, I'd like everyone to describe whenever you feel the situation is just not playable.

Please try describe when you feel the class reaches its limits in this thread, and we'll gather it all. I'll post it on shaman forums on EU, and someone can do it on US. They have not yet come up with anything ,therefore I feel we should try give them some ideas.

Surely we've said lots of things before, but please. Give it a shot my friends 8)

~Hex is useless versus druid teams
~A warrior can way too easily train a shaman, almost any decent melee can.

A few nights ago me and my dk partner were struggling to break 2500, and started playing a retardin r druid team. After learning the strategy necessary to beat them, we were able to win a few games. Then the ret paladin started tunnel visioning me, and his damage was healable, until i was hoj'd from 100-0, multiple times. In order to beat them i would have to ground/drop stoneclaw when i predicted his hammers, and out mana a druid by purging innervate, and somehow get a full drink off. One game i was able to do exactly that and we got to a point where we were both oom, and my dk went to finish off the druid. I grounded a hammer, kited him to the other side of the map, got hammered and 100-0'd. That was a 10 minute game lost because a ret paladin pressed his hoj key and i didn't have grounding down... I'm not asking for ret paladins to be nerfed, or stuns in general. All i want is some way to survive that, idc how it happens... but being 100-0'd in a hammer has made me want to quit this game, every time it happens.

#34 Amiralen

Amiralen
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Bloodfeather
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:26 PM

QFMFT

Same! 6% hit and 125 spell pen. Still misses every now and then.

But you can overwrite racials with hit tho :o Just the damn talents that you cant cause blizz loves 2% rng:s!

So like Paladins, Boomkins and Rogues I think you keep missing vs -.-

#35 Inimitable

Inimitable
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Ysondre
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:46 PM

Not sure how much credibility I give to people who complain about a class they take to 2500+ ...

#36 evenn

evenn
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:58 PM

stoneclaw down to 20 sec cd, earth shield cost no mana. Earthen Power OR Frozen Power moved to 15 pt talent.

#37 ddank

ddank
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:20 AM

remove grounding from the GCD like wind shock (why hasnt this been done yet? its as much of a defensive cd as BARKSKINLOL) this is mainly for mage/rogue when you barely have any GCDs to spare as well as my latency being mediocre and often putting grounding down and still getting sheeped which is annoying as fuck

allow us to ES while stunned? or no mana is pretty good too.

a (deep deep) resto talent that makes ghost wolf break snares. this would single handedly fix shamans problems with warriors imo (1on1 at least..ie for the 2v2 bracket). however, it would probably be overpowered

buff mana tide
tremor needs....something

#38 Strygwyr117

Strygwyr117
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:32 AM

~Mana issues when being trained by melee.
~Mana issues when not being trained by melee.
~Keeping up with the healing of a Priest/Druid.
~Defensive cooldowns while being trained by double dps.
~Totems just being worthless on a team with a pet, especially tremor/mana tide.

#39 Laserz

Laserz
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents:

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:56 AM

A few nights ago me and my dk partner were struggling to break 2500, and started playing a retardin r druid team. After learning the strategy necessary to beat them, we were able to win a few games. Then the ret paladin started tunnel visioning me, and his damage was healable, until i was hoj'd from 100-0, multiple times. In order to beat them i would have to ground/drop stoneclaw when i predicted his hammers, and out mana a druid by purging innervate, and somehow get a full drink off. One game i was able to do exactly that and we got to a point where we were both oom, and my dk went to finish off the druid. I grounded a hammer, kited him to the other side of the map, got hammered and 100-0'd. That was a 10 minute game lost because a ret paladin pressed his hoj key and i didn't have grounding down... I'm not asking for ret paladins to be nerfed, or stuns in general. All i want is some way to survive that, idc how it happens... but being 100-0'd in a hammer has made me want to quit this game, every time it happens.

The way we play this is just always saving death grip for HoJ no matter what. Usually if your DK's target get away from him it's better to just switch anyways because you generally want to switch a lot so he has to keep putting hots back up. So he shouldn't really need grip up to stay on his target.

#40 psily

psily
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Twilight's Hammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:53 AM

i think shaman would benefit most from nerfs to other classes, just as priests would.

do something to fix manatide and either make improved eshield undispellable or heal for a % when removed via dispels is pretty much the major thing i think would help, but this is from an outside pov :P

generally though i feel shaman are the same boat as me, and the biggest buffs you could get would be nerfs on stupid specs like prot/holy paladins and innervate.

re: hex...in fairness i think it's something people expect you to deal with - it's sad that it's useless vs a druid, as so many things are, but mages have dealt with this for a long time regarding snares and polys and locks dealt with it regarding fear on pre-wotlk warriors etc. i'd say make hex magic, but that would cause more harm than good :P. i personally don't see them nerfing hex against druids :s

warriors can win games by mashing ms and hamstring?

Why is there a questionmark?

Difference is you can get away from 2 melee with decent peels. PRIESTS ON THE OTHER HAND, 0 mobility

I like to think of it as if you were an actual 80 year old priest IRL getting mugged in an alleyway, you cant get away. You can only pray you live or get help and try to scare them with loud screams.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<