Mearis
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-The Venture Co
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:13 AM

AJ posters: 'LOL U SIT IN TREE FURM UR BAD WOW I WISH MY CLASS WAS THAT EASY'

Tree form gets nerfed and now we can use some skill and play offensively.

AJ posteres: 'WOW THEY BUFFED THEY BEST HEALER IN THE GAME WOW GG BLIZZ I HAVE DOWNS'.

Which is it?

This change is a survivability/mana efficiency nerf. All they need to do is nerf innervate a bit, and RDruids should be better balanced. Jesus fuck, stop crying, tree form camping isn't (as) viable as it was.

I'll try to explain this very slowly so hopefully even you can understand it.

Let's say class A has an ability/playstyle that is extremly overpowered. If you are trying to fix it, you do not give them a different playstyle/ability that is even more overpowered in an effort to get them to give up their old playstyle, since that will have two possible outcomes:

- If the new playstyle is stronger than the old one, they will be even more overpowered than before.

- If the new playstyle is weaker than the old one they will keep playing the old style since that one barely got touched.

Do you understand now?

#222 virtua

virtua
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 1986

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:10 AM

if you lose to druids your bad

#223 Lifebloomlól

Lifebloomlól
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Medivh
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:18 PM

Let's say class A has an ability/playstyle that is extremly overpowered. If you are trying to fix it, you do not give them a different playstyle/ability that is even more overpowered in an effort to get them to give up their old playstyle, since that will have two possible outcomes:

- If the new playstyle is stronger than the old one, they will be even more overpowered than before.

- If the new playstyle is weaker than the old one they will keep playing the old style since that one barely got touched.

Do you understand now?

I'm not sure you understand. It's ok, keep using ad homs to get your point across, I heard Tyveris is bringin' down the ban hammer.

Also, [email protected]/mana efficiency being a gigantic overpowered buff in your eyes. The thing about Druids that's really OP atm is Innervate. If you're trying to say hots are overpowered, maybe you should realize that in a 2v2 environment, druids are naturally going to be better healers because of their mobility and the strength of their hots. If you want to change this, you should advocate druids becoming just another casted heal class, because that will always be our legacy if we can shapeshift, use powerful hots, and not get owned by Blood Plague.

Pro-tip: Priest representation is way higher in in every other bracket but 2's.

Thanks for proving my point, by the way. Everyone (you) wants druids to play in a skillful way. Facerolling in tree wasn't skillful, it was necessary. Now that we got a playstyle change and are now able to use coordination and tact, you're still crying. S5 Glad, watch out. Some people are never happy -- I'm beginning to feel Blizzard's painof having to listen to insatiable downies every day.

#224 Aliandren

Aliandren
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1977
  • RBG: 1749

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:42 PM

imo innervate mana is fine, make an exception to imp BS to not improve innervate's dispel resist (let it keep the 30% though). Dropping tree form armor bonus from imp tol completely and letting ToL gain the 160 from imp BS would make more sense...or make imp tol just 160 and affect caster/travel in addition and take it off of imp bs, w/e is fine.

#225 toastersbakery

toastersbakery
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:52 PM

Druids are fine.

#226 Ifix

Ifix
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:56 PM

1 season glad druid running in to say druids are fine l2p...

On a serious note though, druids are not fine, but they are also not the main problem. The whole DK class is retarded beyond your wildest imagination, and so is ret with its current dmg output. Warriors are being nerfed, and on top of that, if we remove DKs and rets, there wont really be any faceroll druid 2v2 comps. Also nerf innervate.

Where the fuck did i say druids were fine moron?

#227 Voksen

Voksen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:19 PM

Do you understand now?

Gotta agree with Mearis here. The changes mean a net buff to druids, whether the net buff means a more difficult playstyle or higher skillcap, or not. The idea of being able to more viably cyclone in exchange for such a mild discouragement of TF camping means we'll be eating a lot more cyclones.

This change promotes even greater druid mobility, escape/reset, burst interruption and burst setup mechanics -- all of which shouldn't be ALLOWED on a class that is already top represented and moderately OP to begin with.

Druids in their current state were fine to moderately OP, if you're going to give them control/escape/reset/burstsetup/damageavoidance buffs in the way of being able to pull off practically 2-3 more cyclones a game (the most OP CC in the game BTW), you had better nerf their healing output considerably.

In kiddie terms: They gave you 4 apples and took away 1 orange, when 1 orange is really only worth about an apple and a half. And you already had 8 apples more then the next guy.

The changes druids are getting this season are ridiculous and they're tweaking you guys at a record pace (1-3 changes every 2 weeks, it seems - mostly out of left-field and resulting in net buffs to the class).

#228 Xandos

Xandos
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:23 PM

Do you understand now?

WINNER.

Honestly, inc BC status druids again?

lol i win about 80% of my games, and i only play after smoking a fresh bowl of some dank bud, it does not reduce your APM's

#229 Lifebloomlól

Lifebloomlól
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Medivh
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:48 PM

ROFL

Notice all the priests and rogues that are crying about druids play Priest/Rogue, an arguably faceroll comp?

Gotta love internet objectivity

#230 Under

Under
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:57 PM

druids are totally out of control already and now they buff them even more...

4 seasons of domination, they have a "bad season" and now blizz makes them even stronger than they have ever been.

Druids own 2s

Rmp owns 3s

China owns 5s.

Go PvE
---------------------------------------------
Always stay with your partner, through good times and bad times <3

Fight the power (priests)!

#231 Pyrilus

Pyrilus
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 1143

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:01 PM

Going to go ahead and say that the thread has probably run its course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<