AdhesivePenguin
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Silvermoon
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:23 AM

Underdogsix said:

I used blender, it is an open source 3D modeling program that you can easily find downloads to.  Keep in mind, that was just 10 minutes or so on it, it's capacity for design is far beyond what I demonstrated.

I knew it! I'm totally going to copy you and draw something in blender now. you have been warned

#43 nubmadri

nubmadri
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:37 AM

Wilykat said:

Posted Image

Argent Arena!

Ok so to help you guys understand what everything is I color coded the picture.

Tanish color are the starting arenas. They are in opposite corners of each other.

Blue are the ramps. These ramps are different from BEMs ramp, you can not go under them, and one side will touch a wall of the arena. Shadow sigh will appear in the middle of the two ramps. (purple diamonds)

Two smaller yellow/orange circles are pillars. Both these pillars will be around the size of the pillars in RoV that come out of the ground. (These pillars are always up).

The Green circle is another pillar. This pillar will be the size of Nagrands pillars.

I like this map idea because it kinda has the best of Nagrand, BEM, and Ruins. Also blizz could give it same models as all the Argent shit that us going on atm, and it would fit in with the new patch coming out.

i like the design of this arena, but i foresee a prob where if ur on the corner ramps looking into the middle, the camera view will go nuts since you have a wall behind u.

#44 Underdogsix

Underdogsix
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:30 AM

Wilykat said:

Posted Image

Argent Arena!

Ok so to help you guys understand what everything is I color coded the picture.

This bears a striking resemblance to my design on page 2.  HMMMMM.

Way too complicated for the Hunter community to handle.

#45 Khell

Khell
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-The Venture Co
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:31 AM

dkumofo said:

Posted Image

WIN !

#46 Gladcas

Gladcas
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:44 AM

Maddlexie said:

Fortress of Ice
Side View
Posted Image

Bird's Eye
Posted Image

The story! So you've ported into Wintergrasp (the arena starting room arena is where you end up) and on the other side of the map are opponents you'll face, all that surrounds you are rocks and you can't escape, the only way out is kill said opponent. There is a tree in the middle and broken siege weapons such like the real enviroment of WG and they can used as pillars to LoS etc. Nothing moves/changes and the map is symmetrical.

That would actually be good, but blizz would be fucking retarded and add a snowstorm that acts like a blizzard and you take 100k dmg each tick.

#47 Areohvee

Areohvee
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Dunemaul
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:18 AM

<The cirlique chamber>

Dimensions: North to South the arena is 36 yards. West to East is the same length.

Starting Area: Top left Vs. Bottom Right

Eye locations: Top right and Bottom left

The Center: The center will rotate clockwise, turning 360 degrees every 40 seconds. Intermittently the walls will connect creating one large wall for a few seconds.

Posted Image
http://img199.images...esarenamap1.jpg for some reaosn it wont show pic

STRENGTHS: This map is not too large to deter players from running out of combat and hiding or prolonging the match.
The rotating center rewards teamwork and synergy, and proves a lesson for those without.
Casters will occasionally lose line of sight if they stand back and attempt to freecast, as melee will get locked out for a second if theyre not too quick on the chase.

Takanit said:

RandomDev: Hey guys, we totally pissed off the entire arena community by issuing a major content patch near the end of a season for the second time in a row, what should we do to hand them a bone?

GC: Update armory on the last week so they can't see their ranking.

support #rated on irc.gamesurge

#48 flamingos

flamingos
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:41 AM

http://i44.tinypic.com/2d8s1aa.jpg

basically the outer edge of the arena is water and you will be allowed to stay in the water for 3 seconds to escape melee and then you will be shot out of one of the two dark blue holes with all hots striped and at 75% life. Also the dark black pillars will be the same as the nagrand pillars and the green blob in the middle will be a hill so ranged can go on that to get away from melee. and the red will be a starting area that raises like rov

This would be called the scholzar arena and ofc it will be modeled to look more like scholzar but im not very computer savy and using paint was even a strech
:warrior::warrior:What I do?:warrior:-- Ok warrior you play like mighty turtle in match such as this shape, but snapping turtle with strong jaw.

#49 Graeffy

Graeffy
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kil'jaeden
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:29 AM

how would i get away from melee by climbing a hill?
S2 Gladiator :warlock: :shaman:
S3 Gladiator Rating :warlock: :shaman:
S4 Gladiator Rating Warlock Drood

#50 Underdogsix

Underdogsix
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:48 PM

Duh, melee can't climb hills, only ranged can.

Way too complicated for the Hunter community to handle.

#51 flamingos

flamingos
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:54 PM

like its just more space to get away from them when theyre cc'd and you can use it for los
:warrior::warrior:What I do?:warrior:-- Ok warrior you play like mighty turtle in match such as this shape, but snapping turtle with strong jaw.

#52 Convection

Convection
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tortheldrin
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:45 AM

The AMAZ(E)ing Arena

Posted Image

Players spawn at the two pink points. Green spots are walls that cannot be climbed over. Blue monsters occasionally appear and pull players into the wall where they disconnect and lose the match. Orange spraypaint represents void zones that pop up once every minute for 10 seconds (they have a warning sound so they will be easy to dodge) that act like a desecration effect with 100% snare for the duration. Purple spots are eyeballs for when those pesky rogues stealth (the map should be large enough that it might be hard to find them in one minute of having the eye, so that rogues have a fair chance). In the bottom right corner a vendor spawns after 10 minutes who allows you to extend the game by 5 more minutes every time you talk to him (so that games don't end in a draw where both teams lose 16)

Here is a side view

Posted Image

#53 Gladcas

Gladcas
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:49 AM

Convection said:

The AMAZ(E)ing Arena

Posted Image

Players spawn at the two pink points. Green spots are walls that cannot be climbed over. Blue monsters occasionally appear and pull players into the wall where they disconnect and lose the match. Orange spraypaint represents void zones that pop up once every minute for 10 seconds (they have a warning sound so they will be easy to dodge) that act like a desecration effect with 100% snare for the duration. Purple spots are eyeballs for when those pesky rogues stealth (the map should be large enough that it might be hard to find them in one minute of having the eye, so that rogues have a fair chance). In the bottom right corner a vendor spawns after 10 minutes who allows you to extend the game by 5 more minutes every time you talk to him (so that games don't end in a draw where both teams lose 16)

Here is a side view

Posted Image

Troll more please

#54 Jenspro

Jenspro
  • Jenspro
  • Banned
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:41 AM

http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/ring%20of%20patience.JPG

I bring you Ring of Patience.

Pink spots: Spawns.

Black shizzle: A horizontal pillar that cant be climbed.

so basically you wait and see who leaves first. '

my guess is that druidteams is inc 95% ontop100
I'm the true s5 hero.

TBC1600rating, wotlk :deathknight: r1 sup.

#55 Gladcas

Gladcas
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:43 AM

Can u AJ people do something to stop these retarded arenas. I actually like seeing the well thoughtout ones...

#56 listerx

listerx
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:11 AM

Posted Image

#57 Deadlyhoof

Deadlyhoof
  • Rippd
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Thunderlord
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:22 AM

wobz said:

Posted Image
'

ROFL

#58 Sycthe

Sycthe
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:58 AM

Posted Image
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

second design
Posted Image

#59 Mionee

Mionee
  • Moderators
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Illidan
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:46 AM

Posted Image

Thought a lot about Thorim's encounter in Ulduar

Teams would spawn behind the green lines.
Gray zones are linked to white zones through stairs in opposite corners of the map, or elevators. If you stand on the edge of these zones, you might cast spells on people similarly to Blade's Edge.
Eyeballs are located at the base of the elevators, in such a way that you can't get on elevators without getting the debuff.

Elevators go up and down on a constant basis, every 3 seconds. You can jump down at any time, though.
Map is somewhere like the size of Lordaeron, allowing you to see people on the other side of the arena when it starts, but allowing you to cast spells up to somewhere like middle map at max when you're standing on the edge.

Pillars are designed in such a way that both teams have much room for positioning but get punished for staying too long at the big pillars, allowing the other team to position itself upside and be virtually immune to swaps until you chase them down.

#60 Guest_Wickler_*

Guest_Wickler_*

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:00 AM

Man the joke Arenas are great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<