#1 Agerkvist

Agerkvist
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shadowsong
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:06 AM

So, a term that gets thrown alot these days is "blanket silence" - now, what exactly does the term cover? What's the difference between silence and blanket silence...

At first I got the impression that blanket silencing a healer basically was showering him with silences and interupts for a period of time, making him unable to do anything.

Seeing people use the term I've come to the conclusion that I'm either wrong or they are - and it's probably me, so I thought I'd come here and let you pros set me straight :)

#2 Abeyance

Abeyance
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/0/2/.

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:37 AM

Normally they refer to the same thing, Silences are Blanket Silences (which means that you are locked out of all your trees by something such as Imp CS, Strangulate, Arcane Torrent, etc).

The minor difference for some people who use the terms could be that a Silence can refer to either a Blanket Silence or a school lockout (via an interrupt), where a Blanket Silence means that all their trees are locked out whereas a lockout implies a single tree.

#3 Bambalam

Bambalam
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Stonemaul
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:47 AM

spells that work like earthshock, pummel, and kick (interrupts) are what are not considered blanket silences. The reason why they are called Blanket silences is because you are preemptively "covering" the healer by preventing him from even casting his instant heals that you wouldn't be able to interrupt in the first place.

#4 Agerkvist

Agerkvist
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shadowsong
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:27 AM

Keyword being preemptively, makes perfect sense - thanks :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<