• Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 18 September 2007 - 03:16 AM

http://forums.worldo...geNo=4&sid=1#69

http://forums.worldo...geNo=2&sid=1#20

http://forums.worldo...geNo=1&sid=1#11

For the first time in months, rogues have finally got some blue feedback on various concerns.

The first link possibly points toward keeping combo points with the rogue instead of the target - an idea that's been on the table for a while in the rogue community and which would help immensely in group pvp.

The second link addressed the possibility of removing reagents from blind and vanish, which should be a great money/time saver.

The third suggests that only warrior mace stun will be receiving nerfs in upcoming patches, and not rogue mace spec.

With these Blizzard responses seemingly suggesting changes, is it possible that rogues may be getting some major revamping or overhauling in pvp? If so, what types of changes would be needed?

Personally, I'd like to see shadowstep either changed or replaced to make it more in line with other 41 point talents and to make deep subtlety more viable. I'd also love to see MoD and Camouflage be made passive with new talents to take their places in subtlety, though, I'd imagine that's probably a pipe dream. And of course, changes to mobility.

It looks like I may have to put my druid alt on hold a little while longer.

#2 Demonized

Demonized

Posted 18 September 2007 - 01:48 PM

As long as I still have to farm shards for 30min a day, I think rogues should have to aquire their own flashpowder, blinding powder, etc ;)
Also Playing:
Posted Image

#3 Banol

Banol
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall

Posted 18 September 2007 - 03:16 PM

The Rogue Mace Spec isn't receiving a nerf. Rogues have a flat 5% chance to stun, where as a warrior has PPM rate, which is getting nerfed to a lower %.

"We have no plans to change rogue mace specialization at the moment." - Drysc

As for the reagent requirement and combo point carry over, this is not a new idea by any means. If you would read what the Drysc said, these ideas have always been there on their minds. Yes he says it's on their plateful of ideas, but it always has been.

"Allowing the rogue to keep combo points independent of the target is actually something we've considered for some time. If and/or when it would be implemented is still to be decided, but we're certainly not opposed to the idea." - Drysc

I'm not expecting to see any of these changes. Also, next time please do your research and/or read what your posting before you post. If you haven't noticed from the WoW forums, a lot of people will read the initial post and nothing else, you being my prime example of this. Therefore, your false information is spread.

The only real change that I see to rogues come next patch is the haste rating nerf, and the proc chance adjusted to current weapon speed. Although everyone is affected by the haste nerf, it is my firm belief that it will impact rogues the most for obvious reasons.
Posted Image

#4 Banol

Banol
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall

Posted 18 September 2007 - 03:42 PM

As long as I still have to farm shards for 30min a day, I think rogues should have to aquire their own flashpowder, blinding powder, etc ;)

And I think Hunters should have to buy the reagents for those big ass metal traps they lay on the ground, or how about for the flares they shoot into the air and pull me out of stealth for free.

While we're at it, lets make mages/priests have to have magical powder to summon their pets.
Posted Image

#5 Xasha

Xasha
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Shadowsong
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 18 September 2007 - 04:40 PM

There won't be any major overhaul as Rogues are pretty much fine the way they are. There are plenty of Rogues in 2s and a decent amount in 3s. Also, if anything Rogues seem more popular in 5s this season than last (just looking at other people's armories, I don't do 5s myself).
Also playing: Hotnurse, Resto Druid

#6 Teirisias

Teirisias
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:54 PM

As for the reagent requirement and combo point carry over, this is not a new idea by any means. If you would read what the Drysc said, these ideas have always been there on their minds. Yes he says it's on their plateful of ideas, but it always has been.

I'm not expecting to see any of these changes. Also, next time please do your research and/or read what your posting before you post. If you haven't noticed from the WoW forums, a lot of people will read the initial post and nothing else, you being my prime example of this. Therefore, your false information is spread.

I never said it was a new idea, in fact, if you read my post, I specifically stated that it's been on the table for quite some time. I was addressing the fact that Blizzard actually gave feedback for once, which is something that the rogue forums have been devoid of for quite a while, hinting at the fact that the ideas might become more than just ideas sometime in the near future possibly. I never claimed any of this to be 100% reliable information or fact, I simply stated that we were getting feedback and asked for opinions. How exactly did I not read my post or do my research?

#7 Banol

Banol
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall

Posted 19 September 2007 - 08:09 PM

You edited your post, GJ

Well for one you started out stating that rogues mace spec was getting nerfed in the upcoming patch(pre edit), clearly, not having done your research.
Posted Image

#8 Teirisias

Teirisias
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 19 September 2007 - 11:01 PM

You edited your post, GJ

Well for one you started out stating that rogues mace spec was getting nerfed in the upcoming patch(pre edit), clearly, not having done your research.

I didn't edit it. You read it incorrectly. Pretty ironic considering the nature of your post.

The fact that I linked directly to the blue post in the thread and not the thread itself indicates that I was pointing out that our mace spec was to remain the same, despite the nerf to warriors'.

#9 Xasha

Xasha
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Shadowsong
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 19 September 2007 - 11:25 PM

Regardless, the point is that having a CM respond to some long-standing questions does not in any way indicate that any changes are being made to the class. It's called "catching up on the backlog" of questions to respond to.

It's pretty clear from arena standings that Rogues are doing all right as it is.
Also playing: Hotnurse, Resto Druid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<