• Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Protection
  • RBG: 2304

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:08 PM

These changes would be very reasonable if they would address other classes :(

Also bye bye mace for me. :(
http://bit.ly/9DJTxh

S8 Never Forget

MM was great, especially after they reverted disengage back to 16 sec cooldown (glyphed and talented ofc) - managed rank 2 as HLD, obviously wasn't good enough to beat protholy pala / rdruid / arms warrior ninapartio pve nerds that were 300 rating ahead ^^

S6 Never Forget

LoL RaF:
http://signup.league...f=4c150b086f442

#22 Reisha

Reisha
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:10 PM

those idiots.. nerfing the glyphe okay, it was op. but our dmg, are they serious? every other class does way more damage than us - a dk/ret about 1/3 more in arena, where is the purpose?

#23 Windwalk

Windwalk
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:11 PM

hopefully it's a sign they're nerfing ret and dks

When I talk to or see successful gamers they come off as intelligent people who are able to develop the ever important “game sense” with relative ease. Aside from muscle memory and the mechanics of playing a video game they seem to just understand what needs to be done to compete and outthink their opponents.

#24 Pecanpie

Pecanpie
  • Kelimepie
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

those idiots.. nerfing the glyphe okay, it was op. but our dmg, are they serious? every other class does way more damage than us - a dk/ret about 1/3 more in arena, where is the purpose?

neither of those other two classes that do consistently 1/3 more dps in arena have mortal strike.

#25 Guest_Wickler_*

Guest_Wickler_*

Good change,

Now fix Rets and DKs.

#26 Windwalk

Windwalk
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:12 PM

I would argue with you but you're a s5 glad so I'm not going to bother~~

When I talk to or see successful gamers they come off as intelligent people who are able to develop the ever important “game sense” with relative ease. Aside from muscle memory and the mechanics of playing a video game they seem to just understand what needs to be done to compete and outthink their opponents.

#27 Pecanpie

Pecanpie
  • Kelimepie
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:12 PM

hopefully it's a sign they're nerfing ret and dks

Don't nerf ret, nerf holy lol. I can survive with a feral druid w/ zerk and a rogue on me at once as holy. Nerf dks tho for sure ^.^

#28 Windwalk

Windwalk
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:13 PM

please leave the forums, thanks :D

#29 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:14 PM

neither of those other two classes that do consistently 1/3 more dps in arena have mortal strike.

DPS is irrelevant when it comes in 3 second bursts. The best I can do is around 13k on a low armor target in 3 seconds. You can do that in an instant, not even using the extra 2 GCDs you get in that 3 second window, boosting your damage over 20k potentially, with a higher crit rate, and ignoring armor.

The fact that Ret/healer works is a testament to how overpowered the class is. You have no spammable CC, no drain, no slow, and you can still top the bracket, because of your mind bogglingly retarded burst.

Similar to the LAST time we got nerfed, the changes would be fine if we got compensated, or if the classes far stronger than we are got tuned down to similar levels. Sadly, it looks like that won't happen. Again.

#30 Vlada

Vlada
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1985
  • 3v3: 2265
  • 5v5: 2416
  • RBG: 2252

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:14 PM

holy paladin is fucking baller now nerf

#31 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:15 PM

Crits are RNG anyway, just that there's like 50% chance of crit (which can be reduced by resilience) instead of 100% crit..

Which is why they should be toning down crits in the first place, not just taking an overpowered talent and making it only overpowered some of the time.

Instead of critting every time it might be 1 out of every 3, but that time they do is going to be just as broken as it is now. That's not fixing a damn thing.
화이팅

#32 Reisha

Reisha
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:15 PM

because they just don't need it.. without our stacking ms we wouldn't be viable at all

#33 Malacothdai

Malacothdai
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Llane
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:16 PM

Don't nerf classes that are @ 10% representation. Slightly adjust the classes @ the top. See if that brings them slightly lower & brings classes @ the bottom slightly higher (ex. will the warrior nerfs bring locks up to 5% or 6%).

I wouldn't touch OP abilities on other classes (since most every class has some OP ones) until they get to a steady 15%ish representation & then I would adjust those abilities.

I think blizz is doing things right with small adjustments on classes with a higher representation.
:warlock::warlock::deathknight::hunter:

#34 Windwalk

Windwalk
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:16 PM

Which is why they should be toning down crits in the first place, not just taking an overpowered talent and making it only overpowered some of the time.

Instead of critting every time it might be 1 out of every 3, but that time they do is going to be just as broken as it is now. That's not fixing a damn thing.

when you're judging if something is overpowered, you take the average, you don't look at it case-by-case

#35 manifest

manifest
  • Rinnwerkx
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:17 PM

that's not even a big nerf at all, most warriors hardly used charge on cd and the only thing that it's kind of affecting is timed burst but still, barely
and this is being implemented when? next patch? lol

#36 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning

When you die in a charge stun consistantly (warrior charges in, you're dead in 3 seconds, aka never), you'd have a point that the 45% chance of critting vs 100% chance isn't significantly different. However, that's not the case. It's significantly reduced pressure. It's also going to be 25% less often, due to the longer CD on charge without the glyph.

#37 Pecanpie

Pecanpie
  • Kelimepie
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

DPS is irrelevant when it comes in 3 second bursts. The best I can do is around 13k on a low armor target in 3 seconds. You can do that in an instant, not even using the extra 2 GCDs you get in that 3 second window, boosting your damage over 20k potentially, with a higher crit rate, and ignoring armor.

The fact that Ret/healer works is a testament to how overpowered the class is. You have no spammable CC, no drain, no slow, and you can still top the bracket, because of your mind bogglingly retarded burst.

Similar to the LAST time we got nerfed, the changes would be fine if we got compensated, or if the classes far stronger than we are got tuned down to similar levels. Sadly, it looks like that won't happen. Again.

yeah well hopefully there will be a little healing going on in those couple gcds that a ret or dk will burst. You ever seen a ret pally try and kill a resto shaman or a resto druid? It's a sad 15 minutes. Edit-- i also noticed you said all our damage ignores armor but 24% of the damage done is white hits, and we DO have great CC, repentance and HoJ, two non-dr CC that you can stack ontop of eachother every minute. Das pretty good.

#38 Windwalk

Windwalk
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:18 PM

most warriors hardly used charge on cd

LOL

yeah, that's why every warrior on this forum has rapid charge glyph

it's not supposed to be a big nerf

#39 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:19 PM

yeah well hopefully there will be a little healing going on in those couple gcds that a ret or dk will burst. You ever seen a ret pally try and kill a resto shaman or a resto druid? It's a sad 15 minutes.

Basically melee can kill a resto druid right now without help or OOMing them via swaps unless they play like shit or get super RNG luck.

You shouldn't be viable in 2s with a healer as ret. You don't have enough tools. The class mechanics don't mesh with a healer alone. The only reason why it's viable is your stupidly retarded burst.

most warriors hardly used charge on cd

lol

#40 supm8

supm8
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Ahn'Qiraj
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents:

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:21 PM

you forgot destro lock =P IMO they are by far the most overpowered class in the game right now, followed by frost DKs then holy paladins. It just happens to be that nobody know destro is OP and the few that do suck so they aren't getting anywhere anyways.

Do us a favor and delete your AJ account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<