Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:19 AM

god blizzard has a fetish for giving warriors rng instead of reliable damage

I really hope blizzard does something about this. because the Impossibleness of cleave to beat any comp, really, is just an excruciating process that involves immense skill and luck. Buff warriors death knights and pallys, nerf mages and rogues.

#323 Aqueous

Aqueous
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:12 PM

When I said this VERY SAME THING in a 3s thread about cleave and RMP, I got told I was retarded, don't understand what I'm talking about, and should have my AJ account banned from posting.

Frost nova-->pet nova-->frost barrier nova-->frost bite (that can proc just from attacking the mage)-->frost nova-->frost bite-->frost barrier nova-->pet nova.

It's a bit stupid and with no freedom, you'll almost never touch the mage for more than a second or two.

Probably because you're viewed as only being a DK (whereas I think people know I play Warrior too) and maybe there were alot of F Mages in your thread xD.

Did you perchance mention it in S5 as a DK? If you did, any response back then had virtually no credibility anyway.

But yes, it's silliness and it's what I call 'binarilizing' PvP; pretty much all of Frost Mage defences revolve around rooting targets repeatedly, which ends up being ridiculous vs. melee that can't remove them. Conversely, then they're faced with melee that can remove they're almost defenceless - it's a binary outcome: root something lots, you win, have your roots dispelled/removed, you lose.

Bad gameplay IMO.

:warrior: (Arms) have just too much mobility, too much dmg, an always up healing debuff, too much CC avoidance and they can survive too well. The new charge in combat is worst than macestun.

On the topic of Engineering: It's not and never was an imbalance.

LUL!!

#324 Aqueous

Aqueous
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:30 PM

This is true... but I think, in retrospect, "better than everyone else with a healer, bad without a healer" was an excuse for them not to nerf warriors, not an intentional design philosophy.

Sometimes I feel like the design philosophy of WoW has changed too much (from a Diablo style before the Alpha redesign, to rock paper scissors, and then to "everyone should be viable in every area") for the game to be honestly balanced without a complete reboot (i.e, WoW 2). There's just too many relics of past design philosophies that create really bad contradictions.

Definitely agreed, and I think it mostly occurred because Blizzard weren't anticipating just how popular PvP would be.

The whole "not balancing around 1v1" is a clear indication of this because anyone who has attempted to balance PvP-orientated gameplay at any level will know: you start precisely at 1v1.

It's like a systemic structure, like a pyramid, you start at the most basic facets of the gameplay and then you build on it piece by piece. The reason why isn't even necessarily for 1v1 itself but rather when you come to 2v2, 3v3, 5v5, even 20v20, there's some mediocrum of balance that is simply innate to the model you built and thus all you need to do it tweak bits here and there. Of course, you won't ever achieve perfect balance as long as there is uniquity within the game, but I think most players would settle for simply having a 'fair chance' against most other classes/comps.

If you try and skip the building blocks and go in right at the top you just get endless imbalances under a multitude of different circumstances to the point where it becomes impossible to compensate - you make changes to one class and it echoes massively on other classes, like buffing Warriors -> Warlocks got shafted because the match-up had never been balanced on a smaller scale.

Those are just my 2 cents anyway.

:warrior: (Arms) have just too much mobility, too much dmg, an always up healing debuff, too much CC avoidance and they can survive too well. The new charge in combat is worst than macestun.

On the topic of Engineering: It's not and never was an imbalance.

LUL!!

#325 Grombringal

Grombringal
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:30 PM

Quick quick post something on AJ the masses need to be aware of this affair!
~Justicar Onedarknarutohitwonder123~

#326 Leafy

Leafy
  • Leafy
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:37 PM

Quick quick post something on AJ the masses need to be aware of this affair!
~Justicar Onedarknarutohitwonder123~

rofl

this rogue knows what he´s talking about srsly

Druids were not weak in S5

Druids weren't weak in s5 at all, some people realized how to play them and beat dk teams, some didn't.

#327 Powerslave

Powerslave
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/0/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2032
  • 3v3: 2100
  • 5v5: 1900
  • RBG: 1797

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:29 PM

Don't mind Powerslave, he is the new Levidian.
Loud mouth, peanut brain.

thanks for your kind words <3
Timeless guide to warrior : http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#328 Morsexy

Morsexy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ysera
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:13 AM

thanks for your kind words <3