#1 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 11 May 2009 - 12:27 AM

Thread's purpose is to discuss (or requisition) addons that serve specific functions for warlocks (lets exclude the typical ones like Afflicted, Gladius, etc.).  Without further ado:

Warlock Addons (WotLK)

EchoPort - (Further discussion: http://www.arenajunk...ead.php?t=83844)

Usage:
EchoPort is turned off by default. To toggle it on/off, type "/ep toggle" or find and set a keybind for it through the in-game keybind menu.

After EchoPort is turned on, it will watch for any Demonic Circles you summon, and display the time remaining, distance from you to it, and a graphical arrow indicating the direction relative to your character. The active Demonic Circle information will clear when you summon a new one, change zones, or die.

LockNotes

This is a fairly small mod that has been tailored to work specifically with the warlock class. It features spell notifications for events such as an enemy gaining cloak of shadows or spell reflect (and when they fade), if one of your spells is resisted, if you gain shadow trance (the nightfall buff), and much more.

Beludra said:

Locknotes addon.

It seems this addon hasn't been updated in a while and it currently has an annoying immolate bug. I fixed it and posted my version @

http://www.wowinterf...otesUpdate.html

I really don't know if I plan to maintain it publicly,( i plan to add on some custom modifications to it) but I figured that a lot of people might enjoy the fix.

Later,:D

Beludra of Bonechewer

Modified Elk's Buffbars

eternal_drake said:

Requests
-Looking for an addon that will alert me when CC is cast on my partner or when he's afflicted by dispellable CC (particularly my healer). Sort of like the blue outline Xperl gives for magical debuffs, but filtered to CC like deep freeze/fear/poly.

I haven't found an addon designed solely for this function that works to my liking, but (and it might be too much effort) it is possible to set up Elkano's to do it.

http://img21.imagesh...51009210217.jpg (naturally all the anchors are hidden, but enabled so you can see)
http://img18.imagesh...51009210246.jpg

i had to edit the .lua and dig into the wow API to figure everything about, and was gonna write out some long ass post detailing how but ill just rar my editted version and send you that (this is set up to only track party1 and party2, so it wont be helpful in 5s. if you want it to work in 5s, basically just ctrl+f "party1" in the .lua and add party3/party4 everywhere you see party1). as configured the groups function based off whatever slot a given party member occupies, so if you always wanted say your druids cc's on the left and your rogues cc's on the right (just say youre running RLD for examples sake) you would either have to make sure the druid is always party1 OR you can go into the .lua and replace party1/party2 with their ingame names.

the rar: http://rapidshare.co...ffBars.rar.html

now I'm not sure if that will come with all of my group/debuff settings imported, but lucky you if so.

If not:

steps for configuring a group:

1. make a new group
2. set target to party1/party2
3. set it to filter > debuffs > check all the CCs on said list (once you activate a white list it will stop tracking everything else)

ONE ANNOYING PROBLEM: you can only add a given debuff to the white list after you see someone in game with it, and the list refreshes after you logged (except any marked as white list debuffs, they persist). there might be a way to plug in spellids in one of the other config files but i havent bothered checking

Well thats it and if you find an addon worth a shit for doing this please let me know

General Addons
Afflicted3 - Buff/Debuff tracker for enemy targets
Gladius - Enemy Unit Frames and optional announces ("Craton is drinking", etc.)
SCT/MSMTB - Scrolling Combat Texts with optional triggers (e.g. Blade Flurry popped)
화이팅

#2 Jarik

Jarik
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Andorhal
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 11 May 2009 - 12:39 AM

Hmm gotta get that teleport addon.  I love locknotes though.

#3 Filovirus

Filovirus
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2795

Posted 11 May 2009 - 12:52 AM

Just picked up LockNotes (thanks Craton), seems decent. Although, I generally notice the things happening, and don't really *need* this mod. Seems cool I guess though.

#4 Vizour

Vizour
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/1/0/0/1
  • RBG: 1579

Posted 11 May 2009 - 12:58 AM

its great for multitasking :p

#5 Vizour

Vizour
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 11 May 2009 - 12:59 AM

btw spell alert sounds like the addon your requesting

#6 psily

psily
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Twilight's Hammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:01 AM

hi :)

what makes locknotes specifically for locks?  the buff notifications look useful for everyone ;o?

or do you mean it only includes things like shadow trance/back draft procs and not other class specific buffs for yourself?

#7 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:08 AM

Vizour said:

btw spell alert sounds like the addon your requesting

Spell Alert is *everything* though, so it ends up not being that useful b/c you tune it out.
화이팅

#8 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:09 AM

psily said:

hi :)

what makes locknotes specifically for locks?  the buff notifications look useful for everyone ;o?

or do you mean it only includes things like shadow trance/back draft procs and not other class specific buffs for yourself?

Both, basically.  It is tailored specifically for warlocks.  You can use it on other classes to get messages like Grounding or whatnot, but it wont have your class's procs.
화이팅

#9 Kjado

Kjado
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:10 PM

I wanted to provide a quick update and let everyone know that EchoPort has been updated with some minor tweaks, with the addition of some options to display/hide some of the information and sizing of the arrows.  v1.0 has been uploaded to WoWInterface, so please update if you were using it!

#10 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:10 PM

EchoPort sounds pretty nice, what do people think?  Does it take vertical distance into account?  Gonna try it later hopefully

#11 Kjado

Kjado
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:54 PM

Nadagast said:

Does it take vertical distance into account?

No; unfortunately, this is a limitation of the WoW API, and if there is a way to determine altitude in the future I will definitely include it.

#12 Orgodemir

Orgodemir
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:25 AM

spellalerter is for the request.

the display is like locknotes, but it also shows the icon with the cast.

you can set the notifications to appear on enemy buff, cast, or friendly debuff. you can also have it show the target of such casts as sheep.

id have to say this is my favorite mod of any that i use.

#13 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:29 PM

(we talked about that on page 1, btw)
화이팅

#14 Orgodemir

Orgodemir
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:43 PM

ahh damn you need to edit your stuff then =p

#15 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:58 AM

I don't get paid enough for timely updates.
화이팅

#16 Rith

Rith
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Demonology 0/0/1/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2312

Posted 22 May 2009 - 05:36 AM

Maybe an addon called grid can alert you for dispellable ccs on your teammates.

#17 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 23 May 2009 - 08:23 AM

On a related note to this thread, my plans are to change the OP into a 'warlock specific' section and a 'general addon' section.

If people post walkthroughs on how to set up or use an addon I'll link the addon to the post (just stick them in this thread I guess).
화이팅

#18 soki

soki
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/0/0/0
  • 3v3: 480

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:06 PM

my mod of choice for tracking debuffs is buttontimers: http://wow.curse.com...ttontimers.aspx. I prefer a mod like this because you make placeholders for the debuffs you want to track, therefore if a dot is missing you can easily tell which one it is, instead of looking a list of debuffs on the mob/player and try to figure out what's missing.. if that makes any sense. also useful for DK for tracking diseases since you can set it to only track your own debuffs (default iirc)

#19 Imbad

Imbad
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:58 PM

Looking for an addon to show what I devoured, whether it be defensive or offensive. I use the Mod SCT, not default- perhaps there is a way to configure it? I didn't see it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

#20 Vizour

Vizour
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:00 PM

Imbad said:

Looking for an addon to show what I devoured, whether it be defensive or offensive. I use the Mod SCT, not default- perhaps there is a way to configure it? I didn't see it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Afflicted can tell you what you devour in party chat, by eks.

Removed Vizour's backlash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<