Photo

Anyone else just say "Fuck it" to 2s/3s?

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#41 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/1/1/.

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:41 PM

Earthshield undispellable would be nice, but as it has been mentioned multiple times, shamans are so incredibly easy to get a swap kill on, especially if they have es on the other target. Maybe they need to let you be able to riptide or something while stunned?
Posted Image

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2191
  • 3v3: 2603
  • RBG: 1776

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:43 PM

astral shift being available to resto shaman would be nice, maybe not to enhancement but I dunno how easy it is to tunnel an enh shaman

but that wouldn't really solve all their issues, it'd be nice to see them not have to burn so much mana to heal through any sort of damage

#43 Fralek?

Fralek?
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Thunderhorn
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:32 PM

Mana efficiency is one of the largest problems....When I'm getting trained w/o water shield up I oom within 1-2 minutes of the match =\ I'd like to see something where eartshield and watershield could be combined or something. Probably woudl be pretty OP but I think it's neccessary

#44 Powerslave

Powerslave
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/0/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2032
  • 3v3: 2100
  • 5v5: 1900
  • RBG: 1797

Posted 09 May 2009 - 11:17 PM

I can't see how the ability to have ws and es up on a resto shaman would be op against any other healer.Maybe paladins but I can't see how it would be op.
Timeless guide to warrior : http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#45 threk

threk
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 09 May 2009 - 11:33 PM

2s is ok if you're running it with a ret paladin, rogue or dk.I'm still playing with my aff lock and yeah its pretty frustrating auto losing to all warrior teams and most rogue teams as well as rets who stack full ulduar gear and do 50% of an hp bar in 1 global. 3v3 isn't that bad at all though, the class imbalances are much less magnified than in 2v2. Resto shaman/rogue/lock is a top tier comp atm, and there are some others as well like resto/destro/frost.

#46 QTlolz

QTlolz
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents:

Posted 10 May 2009 - 12:30 AM

Yeah, sham/rog/lock and sham/destro/frost are viable comps, but the hard part is getting them to drop their priest/druid for you.

EDIT: They really don't have to make it possible to ES and WS at the same time, they can't just change shaman into some faceroll healing class too. Keep shields the same, just improve our mana efficiency. For us to be viable in 2s, we need some innervate/plea like ability that isn't quite as ghetto as tide too.

#47 nawty

nawty
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/0/0/1/2
  • RBG: 768

Posted 10 May 2009 - 12:32 AM

2s is ok if you're running it with a ret paladin, rogue or dk.I'm still playing with my aff lock and yeah its pretty frustrating auto losing to all warrior teams and most rogue teams as well as rets who stack full ulduar gear and do 50% of an hp bar in 1 global. 3v3 isn't that bad at all though, the class imbalances are much less magnified than in 2v2. Resto shaman/rogue/lock is a top tier comp atm, and there are some others as well like resto/destro/frost.

you mentioned you autolost to every single setup over 2k. some decent queuedodging you must have done.

I've played 160 games this week, I'd say 150 of them had either a warr/rpala or a rogue in them. Most with a druid or a priest backing them up

#48 Syia

Syia
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Arcane
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 10 May 2009 - 01:19 AM

Yeah, sham/rog/lock and sham/destro/frost are viable comps, but the hard part is getting them to drop their priest/druid for you.

EDIT: They really don't have to make it possible to ES and WS at the same time, they can't just change shaman into some faceroll healing class too. Keep shields the same, just improve our mana efficiency. For us to be viable in 2s, we need some innervate/plea like ability that isn't quite as ghetto as tide too.

shamans cant live to cleave in 3s without a rogue. period.

#49 Laserz

Laserz
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents:

Posted 10 May 2009 - 01:21 AM

shamans cant live to cleave in 3s without a rogue. period.

~holyplay~

#50 Syia

Syia
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Arcane
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 10 May 2009 - 01:23 AM

WHY YOU RUIN MY DAY

edit: doesn't cleave counter holyplay

#51 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 10 May 2009 - 01:32 AM

"GOING TO HEAL YOU M8"

jk im thrrek

LuB

#52 Sílvara1296680366

Sílvara1296680366
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 10 May 2009 - 01:45 AM

What about ES + Water Shield stacking rather than using up one or another? It would help with going OOM while trained on at least.
:warrior:

#53 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 10 May 2009 - 01:50 AM

Yup, I gave up on 2's as well. Course, my S5 partner was a shaman. Damn that was fun the first week when we tried Hunter/Shaman. Not.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#54 fuuga

fuuga

Posted 10 May 2009 - 03:15 AM

What about ES + Water Shield stacking rather than using up one or another? It would help with going OOM while trained on at least.

One, it takes away a skill from shaman. (Knowing when you are gonna get swapped to and when each shield should be used.) Two, if we are able to tank with water shield up, it would probably be too good for regen. I know when tards leave their pet on me I can almost not go oom since it's like 200mp5.

totems alone are more buttons than rogues use you fucking downie

inb4 delete

#55 EMCL

EMCL
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Brewmaster 1/0/1/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2393
  • 3v3: 1920
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1837

Posted 10 May 2009 - 04:34 AM

just because you are doing fine emcl doesn't really mean the class is fine, certainly people can climb a ladder if they play with a ret paladin in 2s, I won't comment on the elemental in 2s because i imagine most of the people posting on AJ are more interested in resto viability, but the fact that shamans are (basically) restricted to playing with a rogue or ret in 3s kinda says a lot about the class being entirely reliant on the strength of what you are playing with, its frustrating having to just throw in the towel because of the shortcomings of the class in certain match ups, and its frustrating for the people that you play with too

I feel very very viable as resto shaman/aff warlock though, the only comps we have less than 50% chance to win against are warr/druid and priest/rogue, and even then its still like 35-40% chance, if RNG goes our way.

I havent even tried resto sham/rogue, or resto sham/warrior, or mage/ele, or many other comps.

I dont see how we're so bad : \

#56 QTlolz

QTlolz
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents:

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:00 AM

Didn't really mean for this to be a "Hey guyz check out how big my dick is" thread.

#57 Mavrei

Mavrei
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 2/0/0/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1047
  • 3v3: 1771
  • RBG: 768

Posted 10 May 2009 - 06:14 AM

Well, as long as EMCL is present that's what its going to turn into. Even if the thread title is "What did you have for lunch today?" The worst part is, I thought the 2's video he released was a joke because of how mediocre his playing was, but that's besides the point....

I've always done well on my sham, but I've always done better as a druid. I decided to scrap the fucking horrid class for good the first week of S6 and have re-rolled, because every fucking loss is followed by my apologizing for my healing throughput being so low, my mana efficiency being nonexistent, and the fact that my burst ability is basically rivaled by priests at this point.

#58 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:24 AM

rofl .

#59 Shatorii

Shatorii
  • Shatoría
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:54 AM

Didn't really mean for this to be a "Hey guyz check out how big my dick is" thread.

Well I do have a big penis.

#60 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:04 AM

Well I do have a big penis.

rofl and serennia wins tournaments

0 user(s) are reading this topic