#1 Resc

Resc
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 09 January 2008 - 08:58 AM

Altough I am very sceptical there will be some great improvements to Shamans especially in 2on2 and 3on3 I have still some hope something will be done. So I did a little brainstorming for some things shamans (in my case mainly for resto as I am playing this in arenas only) could need.

-base casting time of ghostwolf reduce to 2 seconds so that imp ghostwolf makes it an instant

-separated gcd for totems and the rest of the spells

-some kind of penalty for destroying totems or a better survivalbility of them (no more wand 1-shotting)

-dispel protection to earthshield; i am so tired of hunters killing my es with one arcaneshot and me having to purge 5 times (+1k mana) to get off thorns and motw of a target because druide has 30% resistance on all his spells

-airshock(or some kind of that) 20 seconds cd, 3 seconds duration, working like a stun but can be dispelled (like Hand of justice) ; as it would be by far the greatest improvement for the whole class in terms of finalley having some viable cc it is also by far the most unrealistic to come; but this is how a cc for shamans in my opinion should look like

-mana tide trainable, the talent could be replaced by a talent like increases the duration of mana tide by X seconds ; innervate, iceblock....do I have to say more?

Just some thoughts.

#2 Trevarion

Trevarion
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:08 AM

Resc said:

Altough I am very sceptical there will be some great improvements to Shamans especially in 2on2 and 3on3 I have still some hope something will be done. So I did a little brainstorming for some things shamans (in my case mainly for resto as I am playing this in arenas only) could need.

-base casting time of ghostwolf reduce to 2 seconds so that imp ghostwolf makes it an instant

-separated gcd for totems and the rest of the spells

-some kind of penalty for destroying totems or a better survivalbility of them (no more wand 1-shotting)

-dispel protection to earthshield; i am so tired of hunters killing my es with one arcaneshot and me having to purge 5 times (+1k mana) to get off thorns and motw of a target because druide has 30% resistance on all his spells

-airshock(or some kind of that) 20 seconds cd, 3 seconds duration, working like a stun but can be dispelled (like Hand of justice) ; as it would be by far the greatest improvement for the whole class in terms of finalley having some viable cc it is also by far the most unrealistic to come; but this is how a cc for shamans in my opinion should look like

-mana tide trainable, the talent could be replaced by a talent like increases the duration of mana tide by X seconds ; innervate, iceblock....do I have to say more?

Just some thoughts.

Our problems are mobility and getting rid of cc, and maybe last a lack of cc.

some poster in EU forums posted a really nice suggestion about some kind of blink ability with 0.5 sec cast time.

air shock would be a nice thing, but no way we're gonna get something like that.

#3 Synir

Synir
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents:

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:00 PM

Different specs have different issues. Some are to be expected (a class can't be perfect, everything has to have some weakness) and some are just stupid enough to make up for those 1% representations in several formats.

Enhancement's problem is IMO by far the toughest; it can be kited too easily, invalidating 100% of the shaman's DPS. Making SR undispellable won't fix that, so I don't consider it a fix. Some sort of root, teleport to the target, resistance to snares, something is needed if the spec will ever be anything more than a fun thing to do in BGs and not a guaranteed 1800 rating for all but a minuscule part of the population who are talented and dedicated enough to make it work.

Restoration's problem is almost entirely in the earthshield. Yes, they are easily mana burned but I'd put that under 'natural class counters' rather than something that should be changed. Now that Blizzard has committed to putting it at half mana and 30 sec CD, I'm positive that they'll also make it undispellable (or at least, harder to get rid of than it currently is), since they can't be blind enough to nerf the spec even further. If the shield's not dispellable then I think it's a pretty solid choice.

Compared to the other two trees, elemental at least exists as a viable choice so I feel bad about whining about it. It's pretty good in 5v5, absolutely. We're however very average in 3v3 and almost useless in 2v2, from the combination of being a pure mana-based support class almost without instant casts, and thus being easily victim to melee classes and LoS kiting.

#4 Shizaman

Shizaman

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:18 PM

I'm really just hoping for some dispell resist and a small fix on totems, My lack of mobility comes from me having 2 heals to use because a 3rd choice will just be instantly dispelled. sigh

Of course a few other things would be nice. But i'm just worried about my ES not being purged and my totems not being 1 shot. I don't see enhance getting buffed much, they wouldn't care for all 3 specs being even slighty viable, sham haters. :(

#5 Conviction

Conviction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Demonology
  • RBG: 2180

Posted 09 January 2008 - 02:42 PM

The main problem with fixing shamans right now is taking an approach that will ONLY affect 2v2 and 3v3, as any additional fix in 5v5 would almost make them TOO good, while I know shaman representation has never been strongest in 5v5, it certainly is pretty solid.  So the air shock and mana tide trainable seems a little woah =) for everything else though thumbs up

#6 kuia

kuia
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Warsong
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 09 January 2008 - 09:16 PM

Trevarion said:

Our problems are mobility and getting rid of cc, and maybe last a lack of cc.

some poster in EU forums posted a really nice suggestion about some kind of blink ability with 0.5 sec cast time.
Blink would solve many issues, but we don't want to copy other classes, variety is a good thing.

What about Ghost Wolf having a self cc immunity on a cooldown. 5sec of snare/cc immunity after you cast it. 20sec cooldown, 1sec cast time and still dispelable. So it's very counterable therefore not overpowered. But would make deep enhance viable in every bracket imho. And if imp. ghost wolf is made trainable along with this change, then elemental would also be great for 2s and 3s also.

It gives you the mobility and anti-cc you need in a very unique and shaman-like way. Makes you viable in lower brackets without giving shamans CC, which also makes you unique and different from others.

#7 Porkmuffin

Porkmuffin

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:26 PM

Actually getting a class review.  Been waiting since 1.7

#8 Shockyy

Shockyy
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:11 AM

Sentry Totem: Acts like a teleport.

Put it down behind a pillar.

Click on it again.

Teleported to Sentry Totem.

GG?

#9 Arashikage

Arashikage

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:23 PM

To have even lower dps as enhancement?

Charge. I desperately need charge.
those, who hunt elves.

#10 Plaga

Plaga
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Stormscale
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:46 PM

Ghostwolf is a unique and now useless ability for the most part. There are so many cool things they could due to this ability to fix our high end arena mobility problem but blizzard just ignores us. They fail to realize we are the only melee oriented class with out a way of closing the gap.
I have two weapons and 2>1 obviously.

#11 gatoja

gatoja
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:47 PM

Conviction said:

The main problem with fixing shamans right now is taking an approach that will ONLY affect 2v2 and 3v3, as any additional fix in 5v5 would almost make them TOO good, while I know shaman representation has never been strongest in 5v5, it certainly is pretty solid.  So the air shock and mana tide trainable seems a little woah =) for everything else though thumbs up

yes thats why we are saying fix mobility.  Mobility deals with 2v2 and 3v3 problems without having too much of an effect on 5v5 where ele shaman are rarely primary targets...or secondary targets.
http://tsericdown.ytmnd.com/

Earthshock: the only silence that silences the caster for nearly as long!

#12 somaface

somaface
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents:

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:02 AM

Making ghostwolf instant is stupid. You're just trying to become equivalent with druids, but what nobody understands is that that would be stupid. Why do people keep asking for blizz to make their class like another class? Ghost wolf should still be 1 second cast with talents, maybe make it break roots. I think they should add another shock for resto shaman, Wind Shock or something, that does damage slows enemy attack speed or attack power or cast time or something.

#13 gatoja

gatoja
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 24 January 2008 - 02:27 AM

somaface said:

Making ghostwolf instant is stupid. You're just trying to become equivalent with druids, but what nobody understands is that that would be stupid. Why do people keep asking for blizz to make their class like another class? Ghost wolf should still be 1 second cast with talents, maybe make it break roots. I think they should add another shock for resto shaman, Wind Shock or something, that does damage slows enemy attack speed or attack power or cast time or something.

if it works with druids, it will work for shaman

That seems pretty simple.  Numerous classes have "cross skills"  Its the combination of these cross skills and then unique skills which make a class a class.
http://tsericdown.ytmnd.com/

Earthshock: the only silence that silences the caster for nearly as long!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<