• Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 1959
  • 3v3: 1618
  • RBG: 1546

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:26 AM

Warriors are not overpowered, or not in the sense like hunter/dk abomination last season, or mace spec warriors back in the day, or rogues and ret paladins now. Powerful? Yes, but "blatantly overpowered" is something I just don't buy.

There's also a really super secret method in making sure a warrior does nothing all game. I bet you can guess what it is though.

Rogues and Retadins (and in some cases dk's, back to back 8k frost strikes is really fun) all do our job just as well if not better in practically every situation.

It's our crit talents that boosts our damage, otherwise our damage range is extremely pathetic. I'm lucky to break 4k MS on a cloth or leather, but go tell a frost dk to go obliterate something (or an unholy/frost dk to go SS/FS plate for the same amount as if the person was naked). MS debuff isn't THAT big of a difference, and isn't as needed as it used to be (see ret paladins).

With the exception to the tfb/unrelenting assault/juggernaut changes and the rage through absorbs (a change 4 years overdue), Arms warriors are essentially the same as they were in s5 (which were really fucking bad). Other classes being changed also helps our strength, which is one reason why Rogues are the way they are now.

Also, stfu about sudden death.

PS im drunk off my ass and its 3:30 in the morning.

Posted Image

#22 backy

backy
  • Junkies

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:32 AM

i still dont understand what these locks mean about kiting warriors, warriors have always been able to sit on locks

#23 Palfighter

Palfighter
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:37 AM

Really, what they should do is change the 100 % crit to a hidden cd on like 1 or 2 min?

And Charge/intercept should really chare DR

#24 backy

backy
  • Junkies

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:47 AM

remove charge glyph, remove pvp set bonus for intercept and make juggernaut increase the damage by ur next ms by 10%?

#25 Pex

Pex
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:56 AM

I hear in a bracket where there are 10 classes, 2 to a team, having 20% representation is wrong. Oh wait no thats exactly what par is.

actually 10% representation would mean equal representation across all the classes

just because there's two people in a team doesn't mean you double the number

#26 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:58 AM

I hear in a bracket where there are 10 classes, 2 to a team, having 20% representation is wrong. Oh wait no thats exactly what par is.

No. Warrior representation is substantially higher than 20%. You achieve that with just the top 8 comps. The fallacy people like you make is thinking that just because you aren't registering at 50% you aren't overpowered. Sorry, time to face reality.

remove charge glyph, remove pvp set bonus for intercept and make juggernaut increase the damage by ur next ms by 10%?

Would be better. The main issue with charge/intercept is that they have too short a CD together. They're balanced around only one being usable, but with the change they never compensated. Juggernaut should be linked to increasing the CD.
화이팅

#27 Ghoststalker

Ghoststalker
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Terrordar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:26 AM

Posted Image

I am still laughing about your unserious complains, go on!

Dont forget to ask for a MS nerf, it just hits way toooooo hard.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
PvE
Classic - clear
TBC - clear

WOTLK - Ulduar 13/14
http://www.wowprogre...rordar/ensemble
PvP
Warrior r14
:warrior: s1-s3 Gladiator
:rogue: s3-s4 Gladiator
:deathknight: s5 Gladiator

#28 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:41 AM

I'd settle for all MS nerfed to 30% -healing.
화이팅

#29 Nelithar

Nelithar
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:41 AM

Warriors got overbuffed, at least have balls to admit that.

Blizzard @ end of s4 "hmm, I think mace stuning warriors are bit out of hand, now that 4 seasons are over. Lets try to remove it and make class balanced"

Blizzard before end of S5 "hmm, it appears not all warriors rerolled DK's and without mace stun they can't play their class anymore.
OK lets make mace stun in form of 100% proc every 12 seconds and place it on separate DR!!!!"

p.s. Craton stop feeding the trolls, they will eat but won't get it :/

#30 Ghoststalker

Ghoststalker
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Terrordar
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:47 AM

Warriors got overbuffed, at least have balls to admit that.

Blizzard @ end of s4 "hmm, I think mace stuning warriors are bit out of hand, now that 4 seasons are over. Lets try to remove it and make class balanced"

Blizzard before end of S5 "hmm, it appears not all warriors rerolled DK's and without mace stun they can't play their class anymore.
OK lets make mace stun in form of 100% proc every 12 seconds and place it on separate DR!!!!"

You know what min range means dont ya?

With s5 they implement Huntards with expl shot, so it was way too strange for me, why remove mace stun cause its too much rng and implement it on another class.

If warrior would be so much OP, and also so much OP as the DKs, you would see more of them at highratings?
PvE
Classic - clear
TBC - clear

WOTLK - Ulduar 13/14
PvP
Warrior r14

#31 Alysana

Alysana
  • Junkies

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:52 AM

Warriors simply do too much damage coupled with constant MS effect, constant snare effect and two abilities that makes them unable to be kited what so ever on a too short CD.

This is more a Warlock issue though I'd imagine, as currently Warlocks got issues with more or less all of the melee classes (DKs are somewhat okay to handle).

The reason why you didn't see all that many more Warriors at high ratings previously was because they were overshadowed by Shadowfrost DKs, and right now Priest/Rogue dominates most Warrior comps too.

#32 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:21 AM

Warriors have been rising pretty quickly is representation since the priest/rogue hotfix nerfs (and will go up even more in the next patch).

Nope. Not letting stupidity reign.

This is more a Warlock issue though I'd imagine, as currently Warlocks got issues with more or less all of the melee classes (DKs are somewhat okay to handle).

Warlocks feel it the most, yes, but if you take a cursory glance around the class forums you'll see it isn't just us repeating the same things.
화이팅

#33 Nelithar

Nelithar
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:29 AM

You know what min range means dont ya?

Yeah, it is very hard to take few steps back and get into the precious range. Much harder than it was for rogues to stay in 5-8 zone vs warriors. Oh wait..

With s5 they implement Huntards with expl shot, so it was way too strange for me, why remove mace stun cause its too much rng and implement it on another class.

Yep, yet another part of "brilliant design". Never said it wasn't OP. On par with current charge and juggernaut.

If warrior would be so much OP, and also so much OP as the DKs, you would see more of them at highratings?

You already are seing more of them, and as more time passes, more will be there. You won't argue that DK/pala (as in S5) was most retarded in 2v2? Well, druid/warrior is second right away, and its already "back to business".

EDIT: oh shi, you are playing druid/warrior, wouldn't even bother replying if I checked that first.

#34 Ghoststalker

Ghoststalker
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Terrordar
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:56 AM

EDIT: oh shi, you are playing druid/warrior, wouldn't even bother replying if I checked that first.

So what does it mean? There are like tons of priest/rogue teams out there, so you also dont argue with them?

If you still think, you dont need skill/teamplay to play highrated, I am sorry for you.

And well, still, I cant say warrior is rly OP, well maybe against shamans ,)
PvE
Classic - clear
TBC - clear

WOTLK - Ulduar 13/14
PvP
Warrior r14

#35 Abdoom

Abdoom
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Boulderfist
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:34 PM

The warrior does not think his class is overpowered? Shocker material right there.

#36 Powerslave

Powerslave
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/0/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2032
  • 3v3: 2100
  • 5v5: 1900
  • RBG: 1797

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:58 PM

should be on a 2 min cooldown imo, paladin's divine favor and rogue's cold blood is on 2min and it ensures 100% crit chance for your next attack

you are really comparing cold blood to juggernaut? really?
Timeless guide to warrior : http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#37 Powerslave

Powerslave
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/0/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2032
  • 3v3: 2100
  • 5v5: 1900
  • RBG: 1797

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:03 PM

Really, what they should do is change the 100 % crit to a hidden cd on like 1 or 2 min?

And Charge/intercept should really chare DR

Yeah 2 min cd on jugger sounds good.

Inc 1200 mortal strike on 20k+ healthpool ,take cover.

and edit: I don't think representation means shit but because some people care about it
warrior rep is : 2v2 12% 3v3 9.3?% 5v5 8%

I do think warriors are overpowered in some cases.The same can be said about every other class(literally) at some situation.

Warriors will always shit on warlocks.Always.We have gap closers and low cooldown fear break.I think you guys need to understand that.
Timeless guide to warrior : http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#38 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:15 PM

We had a 15 second intercept CD forever. They could put a 1 minute CD on intercept, leaving charge as it is now, and I'd barely notice unless I'm fighting a mage, DK, or trying to peel a rogue.

Crayton, one of those class forums crying is the mage one. Lmao, mages crying about warriors. Another was priests, who certainly need a lot of help right now. /rolleyes.

Warriors are solid right now. If every other class needing fixing was fixed, I could see us being considered overpowered. As long as rogues, DKs, and ret pallies are they way they are though, fuck off. As someone pointed out, I play 3 melee classes and a priest. Guess which one of the 4 classes is significantly weaker than the others, even after the buffs to it? Ding ding, warriors. And warriors scale down in quality the larger the bracket, since just shitting all over their face becomes more and more viable.

The fact that warriors really hurt warlocks is a valid complaint, but it's a warlock issue, not a warrior one.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2191
  • 3v3: 2603
  • RBG: 1776

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:17 PM

too many tears =[

#40 Shinentwo

Shinentwo
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:23 PM

The warrior does not think his class is overpowered? Shocker material right there.

Bias goes both ways. You're saying a warrior is overpowered from a warlock's perspective.

Warlocks (maybe hunters now) are the only class we are reliably advantageous against.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<