• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 Siggy123

Siggy123
  • Members

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:17 PM

Upadted link 6/12/09 http://files.filefro...;/fileinfo.html

http://files.filefro...;/fileinfo.html

warning: this will overwrite all of your former msbt settings obviously (back them up if you care)

The original version of this was by Verve via this thread: http://www.arenajunk...ead.php?t=42601
He/she did most of the work and deserves most of the credit, this is just a modified version with a few different triggers and a more pleasant voice.

Anyways, a lot of people kept asking for this so here it is... these are triggers with text to speech sounds for MSBT, mostly for priests but I suppose any class could find some of these triggers useful.

Sounds triggers will fire when...

Any opponent around you gains the following buffs(which you should dispel or be aware of):
  • "Fear Ward"
  • "Arcane Power"
  • "BOP" (hand of protection)
  • "Divine Plea"
  • "Divine Shield"
  • "Freedom" (hand of freedom)
  • "Heroism" (/bloodlust)
  • "Ice Block"
  • "Icy Veins"
  • "Innervate"
  • "Nature's Swiftness"
  • "Avenging Wrath"

A few triggers when something starts being cast:
  • "Burn Incoming" An enemy priest starts a mana burn cast
  • "Sheep" An enemy mage starts a polymorph cast (hammer that SWD!)

Some situational triggers
  • "CoS up" (a rogue gains CoS)
  • "CoS off" (a rogue drops CoS)
  • "DK Shackleable" (a DK gains Lichborn)
  • "Fearable Warrior" (a warrior drops berserk)

Cooldown reminders:
  • "Desperate Prayer Ready"
  • "Fear Ready" (psychic scream)
  • "Inner Focus Ready"
  • "PS Ready" (pain suppression)
  • "PI Ready" (power infusion)
  • "SF Ready" (shadowfiend)

Buff yourself reminders:
  • "Shield Now" when your weakened soul debuff drops when you don't have PW:S up
  • "Refresh Inner Fire" when your IF drops
  • "Renew Off" when your renew drops off yourself

The "Sounds" Folder goes in:
\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\MikScrollingBattleText
(should already be a sound folder in there by default, just paste over it)

The .lua file goes in:
\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\your account name\SavedVariables

You need to have MSBT installed already. I am using version 5.4.44, I don't know if there are later versions and if they will/will not work with this.

Let me know via this thread if you can't get this working. I'm not 100% sure my instructions/files are correct. IF I MESSED UP SORRY GOSH

#2 ratone

ratone
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Twisting Nether
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:21 PM

The sounds a little low for me. How can i turn it up? thx

#3 Siggy123

Siggy123
  • Members

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:28 AM

The only sound slider that affects it is the master volume one. You can turn master volume up and turn everything else (game sounds, music, ambience) down.

#4 Pharaun

Pharaun
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 05 May 2009 - 03:08 AM

You could use a program like Audacity to increase the volume on each file individually (dunno if there's a way to script it command-line to do them all at the same time).
"Who, after all, is today speaking of the destruction of the Armenians?"

-Adolf Hitler, 1939

#5 Worldless

Worldless
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Aerie Peak
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 05 May 2009 - 03:15 PM

Thanks so much! Can't wait to test it once the servers come back up.

#6 Anderine

Anderine
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 09 May 2009 - 03:18 PM

Working great, thank you.

#7 ninjoo

ninjoo
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Stonemaul
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:38 AM

awesome!

As a priest are there any other buffs/debuffs you want to definitely dispel besides the ones you have triggers for?

#8 Siggy123

Siggy123
  • Members

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:10 PM

awesome!

As a priest are there any other buffs/debuffs you want to definitely dispel besides the ones you have triggers for?

Almost all of your/your teammate's debuffs should be dispeled whenever practical with few exceptions (don't waste mana dispeling the crap that ret paladins put up every swing, for instance).

Things you would particularly want to dispel:

-all fear effects
-all dots usually (be wary of unstable affliction)
-chains of ice
-strangulate (on a caster teammate)
-entangling roots
-freezing trap
-polymorph
-frost nova
-deep freeze
-Hammer of justice
-repentance
-when fighting destro locks, try to dispel immolate from their target, especially before the last 5 seconds of the effect, it will prevent a lot of damage

#9 Guntt

Guntt
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:34 PM

is it possible to install msbt and use just these sounds? im not a fan of scrolling combat text but this seems useful

#10 Nust

Nust
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:11 PM

is it possible to install msbt and use just these sounds? im not a fan of scrolling combat text but this seems useful

MSBT is pretty much insanely customizable, you should be able to install it and disable the entire scrolling combat part and enable just this, but it has been a while since I used the mod.

#11 ninjoo

ninjoo
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Stonemaul
  • Cyclone

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:05 PM

Almost all of your/your teammate's debuffs should be dispeled whenever practical with few exceptions (don't waste mana dispeling the crap that ret paladins put up every swing, for instance).

Things you would particularly want to dispel:

-all fear effects
-all dots usually (be wary of unstable affliction)
-chains of ice
-strangulate (on a caster teammate)
-entangling roots
-freezing trap
-polymorph
-frost nova
-deep freeze
-Hammer of justice
-repentance
-when fighting destro locks, try to dispel immolate from their target, especially before the last 5 seconds of the effect, it will prevent a lot of damage

Thats a lot of great info, thanks. What about any enemy buffs besides the ones included in the pack. Ive seen some videos where the priest will go in and PI spam dispel at the start of a match. I'd imagine this isnt to target anything specifically but helps for when there IS something you want to dispel so that they don't have a bunch of other trash buffs.

Do you use any other addon or unitframes that deos a good job of tracking buffs and debuffs on friends and enemies, or just MSBT triggers? I use pitbull and its great, except the buff and debuff filtering is kinda crappy.

#12 Siggy123

Siggy123
  • Members

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:33 AM

Yes I believe so:

Go into the regular wow interface settings and enable the floating combat text (I suspect that MSBT will try to turn it off every time you load, not sure if there is a way around this tbh)

Then go into msbt events, hit 'toggle all' on every page to turn everything off.

Leave the triggers on, and it should be just like the regular game's version.

edit: poked around the MSBT files and I think I found a way to keep it from turning off.

Open MSBTprofiles.lua
change line 1535 and 1536 from
SetCVar("enableCombatText", 0)
  SHOW_COMBAT_TEXT = "0"
to
SetCVar("enableCombatText", 1)
  SHOW_COMBAT_TEXT = "1"

Should work, and it should stay turned on.

#13 Pharaun

Pharaun
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 19 May 2009 - 03:17 AM

Clarion: Try a full-blown buff mod, Satrina Buff Frames, or Elkano's Buff Bars.
"Who, after all, is today speaking of the destruction of the Armenians?"

-Adolf Hitler, 1939

#14 Innu

Innu
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twilight's Hammer
  • Blackout

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:17 AM

i love it :) good work

#15 Trilz

Trilz
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:52 AM

Keeps saying

Your download has failed. There were no available download servers.
Click here to try your download again.

:<

#16 Cronoh

Cronoh
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Malorne
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:16 PM

Just wanted to say thanks a lot! I never thought this would be as helpful as it is for quickly getting inner fire back up, and many other things I often forget about for a few seconds.

Edit: The only downside to this pack was it obviously erased all my msbt settings and the new settings that come with this pack by default aren't very good :P (No offensive dispels, no icons, no overhealing display, etc, but you can reconfigure this with a few minutes of time)

#17 cyanyde

cyanyde
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-The Underbog
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:38 PM

I'm liking MSBt, but I can't seem to figure out a grounding totem macro so that I know when a shaman on the other team uses the totem.
"Aura Application" equal to "Grounding Totem" doesn't seem to work, any suggestions?

#18 Siggy123

Siggy123
  • Members

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:52 PM

I'm liking MSBt, but I can't seem to figure out a grounding totem macro so that I know when a shaman on the other team uses the totem.
"Aura Application" equal to "Grounding Totem" doesn't seem to work, any suggestions?

I think the actual buff is called "Grounding Totem Effect".

There's also a way to tell you when a totem is summoned (I have one for mana tide) but I can't remember which trigger it is off the top of my head, it's like create or summon or something. I'll edit this when I can get into the game.

#19 Illused

Illused
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Dark Iron
  • Shadowburn

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:58 PM

I can't seem to get this up and running. The lua file should set up MSBT for me, correct? I shouldn't have to manually create each of these triggers and enable the specific sound effect, right? I must have one of the files in the wrong spot. MSBT just looks and acts like it does right out of the box.

#20 Siggy123

Siggy123
  • Members

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:18 AM

I can't seem to get this up and running. The lua file should set up MSBT for me, correct? I shouldn't have to manually create each of these triggers and enable the specific sound effect, right? I must have one of the files in the wrong spot. MSBT just looks and acts like it does right out of the box.

Make sure you are fully logged out of wow and everything when you paste the lua file into your account's folder. Other than that, double check that the lua file is going to the correct folder (whatever your account name is\savedvariables) it should be overwriting the one in there already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<