Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:12 PM

What if its not a druid healer?

then (if he's with a paladin) he has freedom, good luck getting that off consistently with dispel resistance and fodder when you can barely spare a global to do anything but heal

I agree that the low cooldown on Charge is really excessive and I'm expecting a nerf on it soon (it really is just too good at 12 seconds), but you are completely wrong on the overpower and pummel sharing a cooldown. Overpower is one of our main sources of putting up damage. Can't just take that away from us.

Our burst is capable of being very good, it just takes time to set it up, unlike most other damage classes.

Taste for blood shouldn't be able to proc as often as it is. And 12s cd charge that guarantees ms crit is pretty dumb.

#42 Pirated

Pirated
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:13 PM

then he has freedom, good luck getting that off consistently with dispel resistance and fodder when you can barely spare a global to do anything but heal

what the fuck is your rogue doing while this warrior is destroying you?
"i have literally never, to my recollection, overestimated myself"
-Buddhist

#43 Horrible

Horrible
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:14 PM

how can you call warriors bad in 2v2 when they have fourth highest representational
paladin warrior priest warrior and druid warrior are all top 2's comps

#44 Mearis

Mearis
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-The Venture Co
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:15 PM

I agree that the low cooldown on Charge is really excessive and I'm expecting a nerf on it soon (it really is just too good at 12 seconds), but you are completely wrong on the overpower and pummel sharing a cooldown. Overpower is one of our main sources of putting up damage. Can't just take that away from us.

fine, but you cannot have two interrupts, one on a 10 second CD and one on a 6 second CD, on top of being utterly unpeelable. As Flay said, as long as the warrior is not a retard and doesn't waste his overpower, you cannot really ever beat/survive a warrior, and you are never going to get away from one unless you get a good kidney with the warrior's trinket down while you are right next to a pillar.

#45 Pirated

Pirated
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:16 PM

how can you call warriors bad in 2v2 when they have fourth highest representational
paladin warrior priest warrior and druid warrior are all top 2's comps

k, I'm biased because I play priest-warrior, which is a fucking horrible comp

"top comp" is just lol

jesus, mearis, PUT YOUR ROGUE ON THE WARRIOR, HE CAN'T SIT IN BATTLE WITH A 2H WITH A FUCKING ROGUE ON HIM
-Buddhist

#46 Guest_Wickler_*

Guest_Wickler_*

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:17 PM

Taste for blood shouldn't be able to proc as often as it is.

I personally think it's quite balanced the way it is and I don't think you are taking advantage of shielding yourself whenever you see rend up on yourself or your partner. That kills TfB procs and I think it's honestly a good defense for the priest to have currently.

#47 Prov

Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:17 PM

what the fuck is your rogue doing while this warrior is destroying you?

feeding him rage so that he can kill me more quickly?

I personally think it's quite balanced the way it is and I don't think you are taking advantage of shielding yourself whenever you see rend up on yourself or your partner. That kills TfB procs and I think it's honestly a good defense for the priest to have currently.

I didn't shield myself immediately every time weakened soul was off and a warrior was attacking me, I'd be an idiot. It really doesn't take you long to break through it, however. 1 overpower, mortal strike, or sudden death execute proc crit can easily take care of 90% of it.

#48 Pirated

Pirated
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:18 PM

feeding him rage so that he can kill me more quickly?

get a clue
-Buddhist

#49 Horrible

Horrible
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:19 PM

k, I'm biased because I play priest-warrior, which is a fucking horrible comp

"top comp" is just lol

jesus, mearis, PUT YOUR ROGUE ON THE WARRIOR, HE CAN'T SIT IN BATTLE WITH A 2H WITH A FUCKING ROGUE ON HIM

It's in the top 8 comps overall so it obviously isn't a horrible comp.

#50 Mearis

Mearis
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-The Venture Co
  • Rampage / Saccage

We do that. The problem is that with a warrior on me their healer is completely free to free cast 100% of the time, and I am spending a lot more mana keeping myself alive than their healer is using healing his warrior.

We do get gibs if I go around a corner and the warrior follows when not topped off, since we can then force a fear when the healer comes around, but that's a pretty shitty scenario.

#51 Guest_Wickler_*

Guest_Wickler_*

fine, but you cannot have two interrupts, one on a 10 second CD and one on a 6 second CD, on top of being utterly unpeelable. As Flay said, as long as the warrior is not a retard and doesn't waste his overpower, you cannot really ever beat/survive a warrior, and you are never going to get away from one unless you get a good kidney with the warrior's trinket down while you are right next to a pillar.

How often is crippling up on the warrior and do you try to dispell the abliosh poison on the warrior?

#52 Pirated

Pirated
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:20 PM

it is a horrible comp

I played it to 2300, which was like 10th IN THE WORLD (of all priest-warrior teams) before I transferred

super fun living off awful priest-rogue teams who are too downsy to sit on a warrior (or just kill the priest really quickly)
-Buddhist

#53 Mearis

Mearis
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-The Venture Co
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:22 PM

How often is crippling up on the warrior and do you try to dispell the abliosh poison on the warrior?

no, I don't offensive dispell versus druid/warrior at all once I get thorns off. Should I be doing it? With the new lifebloom it seems utter suicide and the few times I tried it I ran OOM incredibly fast.

#54 Pirated

Pirated
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:22 PM

rogues are 100 times worse than warriors right now, but they complain about warriors because they play with rogues
-Buddhist

#55 Guest_Wickler_*

Guest_Wickler_*

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:23 PM

I didn't shield myself immediately every time weakened soul was off and a warrior was attacking me, I'd be an idiot. It really doesn't take you long to break through it, however. 1 overpower, mortal strike, or sudden death execute proc crit can easily take care of 90% of it.

What about shielding right after the initial charged crit mortal strike?

MS is on cooldown, and Overpower can't proc. We can't setup our burst if you shield right that first MS.

#56 Mearis

Mearis
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-The Venture Co
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:24 PM

rogues are 100 times worse than warriors right now, but they complain about warriors because they play with rogues

no I have a much easier time dealing with rogues than with warriors. Fear + dots means that I get a respite twice a minute, with warriors there is no such luxury.

#57 Prov

Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:24 PM

it is a horrible comp

I played it to 2300, which was like 10th IN THE WORLD (of all priest-warrior teams) before I transferred

super fun living off awful priest-rogue teams who are too downsy to sit on a warrior (or just kill the priest really quickly)

it's super fun gibbing the retarded warrior too teams who are too downsy to switch into defensive stance, or who charge into our starting room while their healer is across the map. Unfortunately not all teams are guilty of this.

What about shielding right after the initial charged crit mortal strike?

MS is on cooldown, and Overpower can't proc. We can't setup our burst if you shield right that first MS.

Because when a warrior is about to charge me and I choose to wait on pws, I'm just setting myself up to die in a different way instead.

#58 Pirated

Pirated
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:25 PM

it's super fun gibbing the retarded warrior too teams who are too downsy to switch into defensive stance

yeah, when you switch into defensive stance, guess what happens to your damage (and you are forced into D-stance as a warrior with a rogue sitting on you)

if you ever lose to priest-warrior as priest-rogue, you're horrible at the comp, sorry :(
-Buddhist

#59 backy

backy
  • Junkies

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:26 PM

I have 700 something res on my war PR can get me to ~30% in a cs/ks in de with my shield out during the initial sap :/

#60 Pirated

Pirated
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:26 PM

no I have a much easier time dealing with rogues than with warriors. Fear + dots means that I get a respite twice a minute, with warriors there is no such luxury.

yeah, fear is a real luxury when 80% of the rogues I see are undead, not to mention that they have fear ward (which takes a long time to dispel, often)
-Buddhist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<