#21 Magdain

Magdain
  • Premium
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 02 May 2009 - 09:28 PM

I'm serious all day every day don't question me you gnome scum.

#22 Giftofhealth

Giftofhealth
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 02 May 2009 - 09:33 PM

I assume everyone who says warriors are bad in 2v2 has not played against a top tier warrior druid with betrayer(that knows how to play defensive). The warrior sits on the priest, he keeps piercing howl and hamstring on him, if he gets kidney shot he charges the priest who is moving away at walking speed in 5 seconds. If the priest somehow gets away he goes on the rogue hard and is ready to charge and piercing howl the priest as soon as he comes back into line of sight. Druid should max range the priest at all times.
I understand that a priest with rocketboots makes it a bit different, but with the latest hotfix u can just trinket the fear and blind will be on DR.
Shadowfiend will get Intim shouted, or if It's pre fear warded the druid will cyclone it. Very hard to dispel innervate RNG and eventually the priest goes oom.

#23 Pirated

Pirated
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 02 May 2009 - 09:34 PM

yeah, sry

warrior-druid is a top 2s comp

every other warrior comp is shit
"i have literally never, to my recollection, overestimated myself"
-Buddhist

#24 Guest_Wickler_*

Guest_Wickler_*

Posted 02 May 2009 - 09:37 PM

Warriors can get priests pretty easily but what most priests fail to see is that they don't get the pressure on the Warriors now.

There is no consequences for a priest to help out by damaging a Warrior with their partner. Our Enrage is now through our own Crits and is already used for damage balancing, unlike before where if you started to damage the warrior, you fed them extra rage and giving them enrage for an extra 25% damage that wasn't being used to balance damage, so they had a HUGE edge on everyone else if you decided to focus a warrior and they stayed offensive.

Now if you damage them, they really don't get that much extra rage, and if they are low, you force them defensive and are much easier to handle or else they will die.

#25 Xarwy

Xarwy
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 02 May 2009 - 09:38 PM

i love getting ms crit for 5k with glyphed imp inner fire and 914 resilience, followed by a sudden death crit proc for 4500, followed by imp hamstring -> bladestorm. Not that you'd really even need the imp hamstring.

I hear focusing the PvE geared warrior helps.
Posted Image

#26 Guest_Wickler_*

Guest_Wickler_*

Posted 02 May 2009 - 09:41 PM

Just want to let priests know in here... just try going more offensive on the Warrior with your partners. Get them around, throw in a Holy Fire -> Mind Blast -> SW;D combo.

Oh and if you are going to complain about the Overpower interrupt, we can't get our overpowers in when the target is shielded. Look for the Warrior's buffs, know the overpower icon and use that to when to go offensive on a warrior.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2191
  • 3v3: 2603
  • RBG: 1776

Posted 02 May 2009 - 09:46 PM

i love getting ms crit for 5k with glyphed imp inner fire and 914 resilience, followed by a sudden death crit proc for 4500, followed by imp hamstring -> bladestorm. Not that you'd really even need the imp hamstring.

also realistically those crits won't happen unless the warriors got a top end weapon, and probably a bit of pve gear on(or he blew all his procs/uses etc)

#28 nawty

nawty
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/0/0/1/2
  • RBG: 768

Posted 02 May 2009 - 09:49 PM

warriors are pretty much awful in 2s, but quite good in other brackets, so it evens out

wat? no they are awesome in 2v2

#29 Guest_Wickler_*

Guest_Wickler_*

Posted 02 May 2009 - 09:54 PM

Before yes they were.

This season I think they will rise to around the 3rd-5th represented class once people figure out that focusing warriors with tons of damage will negate most of their problems.

Meaning you are seeing a lot of them right now, but I'm guessing they will fall down eventually when people figure out their weakness when being focused down.

#30 Prov

Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 02 May 2009 - 09:56 PM

also realistically those crits won't happen unless the warriors got a top end weapon, and probably a bit of pve gear on(or he blew all his procs/uses etc)

betrayer and 713 resilience, crits of that magnitude were seen throughout 6 games, although yes i'd imagine a trinket proc was part of the equation.

#31 Pirated

Pirated
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 02 May 2009 - 09:57 PM

only comp worth shit is warrior-druid, which I already said was a top comp

warrior-priest is awful, you lose to decent healer-rogue

same for shaman-warrior, but with that, the warrior just can't keep the shaman alive

paladin-warrior is alright, but still pretty shit
-Buddhist

#32 lupacob

lupacob

Posted 02 May 2009 - 09:57 PM

please tell me the name of this warrior thats critting you for that much, i must have his 350 dps weapon.

#33 Mearis

Mearis
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-The Venture Co
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 02 May 2009 - 09:58 PM

yeah, sry

warrior-druid is a top 2s comp

every other warrior comp is shit

warrior/shaman is really good

#34 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:00 PM

we had games versus current rank 1 warr druid, I'm playing LOCK PRIEST fyi.

1st game we managed to reset few times and scored a kill on the druid.

Next 3-4 games warrior just swapped on me whenever he wanted, with chain crits got me to 40%, didn't fall for flash heal jukes and just overpowered penance. If I flashed I just wasted mana because its such a horrible heal now its unreal - only way is to penance myself which gets overpowered. I once casted a penance and canceled it to greater heal myself, he just intercepted me. I die shortly after 2nd overpower. It was like that every single time. GEE GEE ?

Honestly remove the overpower bullshit or give back ability to tank warriors like I was able to in TBC. One of priest trademarks was easy tanking of warriors, seems we've lost that as well now.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#35 Prov

Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:02 PM

please tell me the name of this warrior thats critting you for that much, i must have his 350 dps weapon.

http://www.wowarmory...'Ganis&n=Tugget

as i just said, he's using betrayer

Honestly remove the overpower bullshit or give back ability to tank warriors like I was able to in TBC. One of priest trademarks was easy tanking of warriors, seems we've lost that as well now.

We couldn't tank warriors well last patch without the overpower bullshit and rage gen through shields.

#36 backy

backy
  • Junkies

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:04 PM

Lolflay ur a cloth class and u already tank warriors better then a warrior tanks a rogue, alots changed from TBC.

#37 Mearis

Mearis
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-The Venture Co
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:04 PM

rage through shield + cloth armor is horrible against warriors. The worst thing is that the druid/warrior can just sit on Azael or you and make sure his druid never gets feared, and even if you do get a fear, with a bloomstack there is no way you are scoring a gib.

12 second charge is excessive, should be at most 18 seconds, and overpower AND pummel need to share a CD.

Lolflay ur a cloth class and u already tank warriors better then a warrior tanks a rogue, alots changed from TBC.

Warrior on priest and rogue on warrior, with a druid healing the warrior, will result in a dead priest every single time.

#38 Pirated

Pirated
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:06 PM

warrior/shaman is really good

no, it's complete and utter shit, lol
-Buddhist

#39 backy

backy
  • Junkies

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:07 PM

Warrior on priest and rogue on warrior, with a druid healing the warrior, will result in a dead priest every single time.

What if its not a druid healer?

#40 Guest_Wickler_*

Guest_Wickler_*

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:11 PM

12 second charge is excessive, should be at most 18 seconds, and overpower AND pummel need to share a CD.

I agree that the low cooldown on Charge is really excessive and I'm expecting a nerf on it soon (it really is just too good at 12 seconds), but you are completely wrong on the overpower and pummel sharing a cooldown. Overpower is one of our main sources of putting up damage. Can't just take that away from us.

Our burst is capable of being very good, it just takes time to set it up, unlike most other damage classes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<