• Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/0/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2032
  • 3v3: 2100
  • 5v5: 1900
  • RBG: 1797

Posted 02 May 2009 - 05:55 PM

School lockout is better than 75% MS

You realize while we're attempting to juke something that does damage anyhow...WE'RE STILL MORTAL STRIKED AND TAKING A BOATLOAD OF DAMAGE?

lol....dense

So you're arguing pummel in battle stance is better(for you,not the warrior) than overpower debuff?

right
Timeless guide to warrior : http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#22 Zeriel

Zeriel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:06 PM

In 2v2, pummel is far more powerful than 75% MS (if you don't understand why, you should probably think back to your 3rd grade addition class).

OP is meant to be a "sort of" interrupt in battle stance. In fact, it's inferior to pummel in many ways, but whatever.

Trying to represent it as overpowered is silly, but proves that people tend to hate new things they don't understand.

#23 Neajane

Neajane
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:07 PM

So you're arguing pummel in battle stance is better(for you,not the warrior) than overpower debuff?

right

yes, I would rather have a lockout that is affected by my reduction talents

vs. a 75% MS faceroll ability anyhow.

Oh and put your intercept on DR with charge

thanks.
So it turns out I've been using explosive shot rank 1 these last 3 weeks.

#24 Neajane

Neajane
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:08 PM

In 2v2, pummel is far more powerful than 75% MS (if you don't understand why, you should probably think back to your 3rd grade addition class).

OP is meant to be a "sort of" interrupt in battle stance. In fact, it's inferior to pummel in many ways, but whatever.

Trying to represent it as overpowered is silly, but proves that people tend to hate new things they don't understand.

Good thing the 3v3 bracket doesn't exist, or anything.

#25 Zeriel

Zeriel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:11 PM

What exactly is the argument here?

That 75% MS is overpowered in 3s where the entire team is tunneling you?

OP is -50% of YOUR healing/damage. If you are being tunneled, you'd be interrupted by pummel in the absence of OP, which would be -100% of your healing/damage.

Sorry, the logic just doesn't hold up, and "make intercept and charge share DRs" is even more silly. Really? Everyone liked warriors having 1% representation?

It's like everyone got alzheimers with 3.1. Everyone has agreed for years that it was broken that charge/intercept/concussion blow/all general stuns all shared the same dr, but suddenly now it needs to be changed back to worthlessness?

#26 Neajane

Neajane
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:12 PM

If you can't juke a on-GCD "interrupt", you pretty much don't deserve gladiator.

Its not so much that the need to juke it, vs the already immense pressure warriors place on a casting healer now places our time to live so low that juking many times isn't an option

still would take pummel in battle vs. 75% MS, even in two's

#27 Zeriel

Zeriel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:14 PM

Its not so much that the need to juke it, vs the already immense pressure warriors place on a casting healer now places our time to live so low that juking many times isn't an option

still would take pummel in battle vs. 75% MS, even in two's

The funny thing is, so would most warriors.

Pummel in battle (or wow, 5s pummel that that other guy suggested, which would be disgustingly overpowered) is way better than the OP mechanic, Blizzard implemented the OP mechanic to be "different".

This is pretty amusing, you're basically arguing that warriors are too strong right now, but you want them to be stronger.

#28 Neajane

Neajane
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:17 PM

The funny thing is, so would most warriors.

Pummel in battle (or wow, 5s pummel that that other guy suggested, which would be disgustingly overpowered) is way better than the OP mechanic, Blizzard implemented the OP mechanic to be "different".

This is pretty amusing, you're basically arguing that warriors are too strong right now, but you want them to be stronger.

Sorry, but I disagree.

the ability to place a stacked 75% MS is more powerful in many instances vs. a battle stance pummel

especially since it singles out casting based healers.

#29 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:18 PM

I'd suggest you to follow my tips.

#30 Neajane

Neajane
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:20 PM

I'd suggest you to follow my tips.

When have I ever said I'm having problems with juking it?

The point is I feel like its too powerful against 2 healers, while not really affecting two others.

#31 Zeriel

Zeriel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:22 PM

Sorry, but I disagree.

the ability to place a stacked 75% MS is more powerful in many instances vs. a battle stance pummel

especially since it singles out casting based healers.

No really, think it through.

Pummel stops casting. OP debuff only works if you are casting. Both require casting, they're virtually identical in that regard.

The only real argument you can make about the differences is the cooldown (pummel at 10s, OP at 6~), and that's more than made up for the fact it doesn't do anything to utility casts (hi CC), and is easily avoidable by riding their GCD.

#32 Pirated

Pirated
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:22 PM

part of the problem is people not understanding (yet) how taste for blood can work

it can be pretty tough if you're not aware of warriors stacking procs on top of each other

also be aware that rend ticks on damage shields won't proc it, which is a pretty important detail for paladins, shamans, and priests
"i have literally never, to my recollection, overestimated myself"
-Buddhist

#33 Laserz

Laserz
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents:

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:27 PM

75% healing/damage for 6 seconds
Nothing for 4 seconds

Plus overpower doesn't stop like cyclone or hex. Pummel in bstance would be way worse.

#34 fuuga

fuuga

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:27 PM

They also get a buff that looks like an ugly goblin on them when they are able to OP you. Only thing I dislike about it is that you can juke the OP and then they'll proc another one 1sec later due to timing. Best thing for shaman to do is get tidal waves buff up, then LHW asap when you get hit by a yellow attack. They won't be able to OP your cast cause it's 1sec compared to the 1.5sec gcd they'll be on.

totems alone are more buttons than rogues use you fucking downie

inb4 delete

#35 Neajane

Neajane
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:28 PM

No really, think it through.

Pummel stops casting. OP debuff only works if you are casting. Both require casting, they're virtually identical in that regard.

The only real argument you can make about the differences is the cooldown (pummel at 10s, OP at 6~), and that's more than made up for the fact it doesn't do anything to utility casts (hi CC), and is easily avoidable by riding their GCD.

Both require casting

#36 Tremer

Tremer
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:33 PM

if u can juke on gcd u cnt deserve gladiator r u dum bro ... if i do get locked out by a pummel there still a good chance of me surviving after tht ... but if i get a debuff tht has aa 75% mortal strike how is ne1 gonna heal trhough tht besdies a priest or druid.. r u dum bro dont talk on these forums nemore.

honestly i rather u hav a fucking 5 sec cd on pummel and take this move completely out of the game its fucking stupid 75% u dum fuck it shouldnt be in the game and behind tht the amount of damage u do

Stay in school, kids.

Treat overpower like the old pummel. Juke right before their GCD comes back up and you'll successfully get hit less than 5% of the time.

#37 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:38 PM

When did I say I was talking specificly to you, Neajanee?

I can play gangstar too

#38 Kraum

Kraum
  • Junkies

Posted 02 May 2009 - 07:23 PM

What some of you heroes dont understand is a decent warrior can wait for the 5th second of the procc use the overpower, and 1 second later the shit procc will be there just to overpower again. You cant fake indefinitely, the cd on it is too little, most scrub warriors wont even bother catching you on a cast just randomly do it and get you on a 0.5 second bloodlusted lesser heal which will kill you.

#39 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:13 PM

LuB Kraum

But yes that is true, however most warriors won't do that :P

#40 fuuga

fuuga

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:22 PM

It's on gcd, so you can fit Tidal Waves LHWs through during their gcd if you watch when you get hit.

totems alone are more buttons than rogues use you fucking downie

inb4 delete

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<