#1 Meets

Meets
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:57 AM

2v2, It seems right now that the most difficult team for me and my partner are a Pally Warrior combo.. It seems we must jump through hoops to win but this is how we do it.

We focus on killing the warrior for two reasons, A keep him off of me so I can harass, heal and just annoy the pally as much as possible..

What we do when the warrior is hitting my warrior its attempt their warrior to 60% and fear them both, to bait a trinket of the pally after the trinket is blown I feral charge the first heal and attempt to cyclone.. One of two things can happen here He can shield and avoid the cyclone and start the fight over again, or he can BOP his partner.. if we see the BOP I immediatly cyclone the warrior through the BOP to avoid heals without MS up and attempt to drink..

Once we have a good bubbleless attempt at the warrior Its a group attempt to keep the pally CC'd from the warriors 60% to 0 and it normally starts with Cyclone, intercept (Pummel) Feral charge a heal, Bash a heal and than a second cyclone.. and the warrior should be down

#2 Baconn

Baconn
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Retribution 0/2/0/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1583
  • 3v3: 2007

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:58 AM

You can cyclone the warrior so he's immune to heals while the paladin is in bubble. Once the paladin's bubble is down, you can begin cycloning him again, and charging his heals. If you need to get away from the warrior, use Travel form, very few holy pallies make use of judge of justice, so you can freely run away as long as intercept is down. If you got the 4 piece glad bonus, you can just run away in bear form.

It really depends on how good their warrior plays, and how well their paladin abuses LoS.
Posted Image

#3 Meets

Meets
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:01 AM

When attempting to cyclone while the pally is bubbled is where I am always pummeled by their warrior and end up getting low, and a lot of the time it gives the pally time to run up and slap a Judgment of justice and a HoJ on me

#4 Meets

Meets
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:02 AM

I find its just a better time to top off my team mate and fill my mana bar.

#5 Skooter

Skooter
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:05 PM

meets is probably the worst druid in the entire game.

#6 Meets

Meets
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:28 PM

Wow skooter, just wow.. I am responsible for two yes BOTH of your 2k rated teams stfu please.

#7 Swahili

Swahili
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:44 PM

meets...what is your strat for druid/warlock?
Swahili - my 70 drood twink

#8 Meets

Meets
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:51 PM

tbh. weve only fought that combo once, and we won..

My warrior friend has a set of shadow resist that he puts on.. and I constantly attempt to despawn thier pet ( range ) if that doesnt work the warrior tries to kill the pet on several occasions but I keep pressure on thier druid and with MS he doesnt have time to drink and with me running obscenly far from the lock they either bring the pet back it despawns or I root it and get a few ticks of water off

#9 Rhaegyn

Rhaegyn
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:55 AM

Our druid/warr team capped at 2636 last season.

Against warr/pal I normally went on the pally and forced him to freedom himself, then went on the warrior. Warrior slowed = time for druid to cyclone 3x, when the pally bubbles or bops the warr, cyclone the warr. If your druid is dying, an intercept is enough time to cyclone or root. Druid has to be good at kiting though.

#10 Branket

Branket
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:21 AM

Hope you dont get mace stun when you are about to feral charge ^^

#11 Mounsif

Mounsif
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 13 August 2007 - 03:50 PM

When attempting to cyclone while the pally is bubbled is where I am always pummeled by their warrior and end up getting low, and a lot of the time it gives the pally time to run up and slap a Judgment of justice and a HoJ on me

you can either juke the warriors pummel or you could cyclone immediately after he uses an ability on you (mortal/heroic strike, piercing howl etc). he'll be on a global cooldown, and he won't be able to pummel your 1.4 second cyclone cast.

mace spec stuns can be pretty annoying though.

#12 Zeroeh

Zeroeh
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Malfurion
  • Shadowburn

Posted 15 August 2007 - 03:28 AM

For my 2v2 my partner (Warrior) myself (Druid).

We generally go for the pally first making the pally keep freedom on himself while I just kite the warrior all day. I also wear max resilience gear against this type of team also try to keep the warrior far from you as possible.

#13 Faenella

Faenella
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:38 AM

What class compositions do you think are best at defeating druid/warrior?
The air ripens with the odors of the dead and dying.
It smells like...
Victory.

#14 Tribby

Tribby
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 05 September 2007 - 04:07 PM

Imho, resto druid warrior has the fewest counter make-ups in the 2s bracket.

The best way to beat them is shadowpriest/warlock or resto shaman/MS warrior.

Back on top topic, I would suggest avoiding charge interrupts unless you are able to get the warrior down to a point where you think a 4-6 second lockout could mean victory. Your best bet would be to probably cyclone the paladin for 10 seconds at a time, then cyclone the warrior 10 seconds at a time to reset DR on the paladin and hold the warriors hp. Assuming your warrior hits pretty hard, you should still have the mana after bubble heals and maybe a few other heals to keep yourself and your warrior alive, while just bouncing back and forth cloning them.

Shifting to bear too often means you are killing your mana pool. Whereas just using cyclone means you can (often) avoid pummel.
Tribby - 70 Druid S2/S3 Glad (Retired)
Chibby - 70 Rogue S3 Glad (Active)
<Forgotten Aspects> Guild - www.forgottenaspects.com
Hyjal Horde

#15 Hulknasty

Hulknasty
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Protection 0/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1818
  • 3v3: 1682

Posted 19 September 2007 - 06:14 AM

I've been playing the druid in this set up and I feel like Paladin/Warrior is a pretty easy fight if you can seperate the war/paladin. Eventually you'll root the war w/o freedom across the map from the paladin that your warrior is beating and can help with feral charge/bash. And it's a lot easier for me to root/drink than the paladin to break free.

My real prob is fighting Lock/Druid. If you can't get a pet kill it is almost impossible to get that pet root/travel away drink without your warrior getting dangerously low.
TEAM NASTY

#16 buena

buena
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Detheroc
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 30 September 2007 - 07:03 AM

Having a hell of a time with warlock paladin, help!

My warrior kills the felhunter fine but then the warlock resummons a vw and takes so little damage that the paladin can basically just chase me around trying to hoj and/or joj me. Warlock usually ends with more healing done than the paladin. Some of the pallys even bof the vw for insult to injury. In any case I can't get away to drink and the 3 dots do so much damage that I have to keep coming back into mana drain range to heal my warrior.

What can we do, aside from wait for the siphon life nerf?

#17 Ocius

Ocius
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Alterac Mountains
  • Nightfall

Posted 01 October 2007 - 07:29 AM

Having a hell of a time with warlock paladin, help!

My warrior kills the felhunter fine but then the warlock resummons a vw and takes so little damage that the paladin can basically just chase me around trying to hoj and/or joj me. Warlock usually ends with more healing done than the paladin. Some of the pallys even bof the vw for insult to injury. In any case I can't get away to drink and the 3 dots do so much damage that I have to keep coming back into mana drain range to heal my warrior.

What can we do, aside from wait for the siphon life nerf?

Kill Felhunter ASAP, obviously. You already do that, so you're set on that one.

When he summons the VW, have your Warrior get on the Paladin. Now your job is to stay away from Mana Drain/JoJ and get a few ticks of water off whenever you can. VW's don't have unnaturally high resists, so you can root it and get away to drink for a few seconds. Obviously you'll have to heal the Warrior occasionally, so try to cyclone the Warlock and throw your HoTs around while he can't Mana Drain you. If he starts draining you get to bear form as soon as you can afford to and run away.

As far as the different maps go, Blade's Edge should be the easiest against this combo since you can avoid the pet more easily via bridge jumping. Ruins of Lordaeron you're gonna have to make quite a few runs from starting zone to starting zone with the pet/warlock rooted/hamstrung in one while you run to the other (if you're really quick/lucky, you can get the pet to despawn from distance). Nagrand you'll have to pillar dance with the lock if he chases you: Root the pet while behind one and make a run for another to get a few ticks of water. All maps: Warrior needs to Hamstring the VW and warlock whenever they cross near him to help you drink (though it sounds like he does this already).

You're basically just trying to give your Warrior as much time as you can to take the Paladin out. If the Warlock stops chasing you and goes for the Warrior, just go heal him and cyclone/root/charge stuff while you can (while making sure your Warrior is in between you and the 'lock if at all possible).

#18 Tyreke

Tyreke
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 01 October 2007 - 07:52 AM

I've never seen a pet despawn in arena, I run 2v2 with a druid as well, and it just seems we can't coordinate cc like we use to be able to, to get the lock down. Are you sure going on the paladin is the best choice in that scenario?

#19 Doc

Doc
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 01 October 2007 - 04:15 PM

tbh. weve only fought that combo once, and we won..

My warrior friend has a set of shadow resist that he puts on.. and I constantly attempt to despawn thier pet ( range ) if that doesnt work the warrior tries to kill the pet on several occasions but I keep pressure on thier druid and with MS he doesnt have time to drink and with me running obscenly far from the lock they either bring the pet back it despawns or I root it and get a few ticks of water off

This post made me busrt out laughing. Sad.

#20 Doc

Doc
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 01 October 2007 - 04:33 PM

I've never seen a pet despawn in arena, I run 2v2 with a druid as well, and it just seems we can't coordinate cc like we use to be able to, to get the lock down. Are you sure going on the paladin is the best choice in that scenario?

Its too easy to do in Ruins, I would imagine something will be done to change this. Cyclone or have your partner CC the Warlock (or whoever has the pet) when the player is roughly near the door of the one of the arena enterences, then just run to the other. By the time you hit the other side and as long as the player has not moved too close to the tomb, the pet will despawn just about as it enters the opposing arena enterence.

This is the main strat for some teams, as sad as this is. I would hope you use this information to prevent this from happening to you, and not exploiting it. Stay near the tomb, and your pet will never despawn. No matter how you are CCed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<