• Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 2/1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2403
  • RBG: 1806

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:56 AM

as much as youd lke to pretend youre all amazing players that dont need to rely on rng to win games crit is a bad stat because of how little crit you actually get per rating

#42 Aneraxium

Aneraxium
  • Recneps
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:15 AM

as much as youd lke to pretend youre all amazing players that dont need to rely on rng to win games crit is a bad stat because of how little crit you actually get per rating

stop bawwwing because destruction was buffed
affliction still works
I'm pretty much the best thing this game has ever seen.

#43 Kluian

Kluian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 27 April 2009 - 01:45 PM

basically makes using demon armor horrible

uhh not it doesnt? You lose the benefit you would have from being in fel armor but demon armor remains the same.

stop bawwwing because destruction was buffed
affliction still works

spirit is better for aff hands down

#44 Abdoom

Abdoom
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Boulderfist
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 27 April 2009 - 11:47 PM

I'm not really running into any lifetap problems with full crit gear, at least not enough to gear spirit for it.

If spirit made lifetap give more mana for the same HP cost then I would consider it.

#45 Escabar

Escabar
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 27 April 2009 - 11:49 PM

I'm not really running into any lifetap problems with full crit gear, at least not enough to gear spirit for it.

If spirit made lifetap give more mana for the same HP cost then I would consider it.

this

#46 Rime

Rime
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 28 April 2009 - 12:39 AM

call me a noob all you want but I gemmed all crit and I am gonna grab the crit staff. tried all spell damage at first but a little harder hitting nukes while never seeing crits was terrible. I run with a little over 26% crit and so far I am loving it. now every time I get my combo off something dies. as destro it is pretty much crit or die. I /facepalm every time I see some PvP destro lock running 13% crit.

#47 Kluian

Kluian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 28 April 2009 - 12:51 AM

Running with 1700 spell damage unbuffed just seems like a hilariously bad idea, not to mention you're pretty much destroying and possibility of doing damage as affliction.

#48 Rime

Rime
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 28 April 2009 - 12:56 AM

Running with 1700 spell damage unbuffed just seems like a hilariously bad idea, not to mention you're pretty much destroying and possibility of doing damage as affliction.

2050 with fel up and I use the WG 450 trinket when I go for a kill. destro is a whole different animal than affliction. we don't have to spread DPS and outdamage everyone in the game to compete. hell I'm happy doing half the damage of a melee class as long as I get the win. it's all bout the damage that kills someone, not the damage that gets healed through with HoTs, and crit allows me to do that.

#49 Divert

Divert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Posted 28 April 2009 - 01:09 AM

Crit is definitely the worst itemized of the stats, the only reason I brought it up as an option though is firstly, we were talking about destro specs were crit is necessary, especially for a kill, and secondly, all your other gear has crit on it to begin with. If you could get say a full haste set of furious gear, I'd be rocking the haste staff, but that's not really an option.

I don't like this change. People who thinks rogues are overpowered are terribad.

#50 Aneraxium

Aneraxium
  • Recneps
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage

Posted 28 April 2009 - 01:44 AM

uhh not it doesnt? You lose the benefit you would have from being in fel armor but demon armor remains the same.

spirit is better for aff hands down

You realize that gemming spirit means that you would lose spell power if you were to use Demon Armor in arena, right?

The only benefit from gemming spirit > spell power is Life Tap
but if you're going to be using Demon Armor sometimes, it makes Spirit a lot less apealing

#51 Kluian

Kluian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 28 April 2009 - 01:45 AM

You realize that gemming spirit means that you would lose spell power if you were to use Demon Armor in arena, right?

The only benefit from gemming spirit > spell power is Life Tap
but if you're going to be using Demon Armor sometimes, it makes Spirit a lot less apealing

Yes I'm aware, but whether or not you're using spirit or crit the effect of demon armor is the same.

#52 Pookette

Pookette
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 28 April 2009 - 01:56 AM

I'm forced in demon armor too much to go spirit, idk i kinda like crit for dots.

#53 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:25 AM

You two aren't really arguing the same topic.

Yes, Demon Armor is the same regardless of spirit or not, but putting more resources into spirit means you're hurt more offensively when you do go DA. The lifetap component is the same.

I also agree that destro has a lot of trouble killing anything without a crit.
화이팅

#54 Pookette

Pookette
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:44 AM

i would go spirit if i spent most of my games in fel armor but as it is i can't afford to do that and I lose too much by not having the extra crit if I'm sitting in demon armor, hence why i go crit.

#55 Kluian

Kluian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:46 AM

I think people are seriously over valuing 3% crit, its not really some sort of exponential increase in dps. Thats not the say it shouldnt be considered.

#56 ragzdog

ragzdog
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • RBG: 2667

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:58 AM

taking lifetaps from 10% hp to 13% seems a lot more valuable to me, not to mention the spell dmg increase in fel arm. I got both, and I feel that the spirit set is superior, though I rarely, if ever, use demon arm.

#57 Aneraxium

Aneraxium
  • Recneps
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:07 AM

You two aren't really arguing the same topic.

Yes, Demon Armor is the same regardless of spirit or not, but putting more resources into spirit means you're hurt more offensively when you do go DA. The lifetap component is the same.

I also agree that destro has a lot of trouble killing anything without a crit.

This

#58 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:58 AM

taking lifetaps from 10% hp to 13% seems a lot more valuable to me, not to mention the spell dmg increase in fel arm. I got both, and I feel that the spirit set is superior, though I rarely, if ever, use demon arm.

When do you lifetap? When you have nothing else to do. It's very rare I find myself lifetapping due to me going OOM, more my lifetaps are due to chasing some pally around a pillar once all my dots are up. Situations where the GCDs I use on lifetap are essentially free.

In that regard, I wouldn't consider bigger lifetaps much of an advantage.
<Memorable quote>

#59 Rime

Rime
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:17 AM

Crit is definitely the worst itemized of the stats, the only reason I brought it up as an option though is firstly, we were talking about destro specs were crit is necessary, especially for a kill, and secondly, all your other gear has crit on it to begin with. If you could get say a full haste set of furious gear, I'd be rocking the haste staff, but that's not really an option.

hell yeah. if there was a full haste set then I would definitely be haunt and stacking haste. you could hit 25% haste before eradication, affliction would rock.

#60 ragzdog

ragzdog
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • RBG: 2667

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:24 AM

When do you lifetap? When you have nothing else to do. It's very rare I find myself lifetapping due to me going OOM, more my lifetaps are due to chasing some pally around a pillar once all my dots are up. Situations where the GCDs I use on lifetap are essentially free.

In that regard, I wouldn't consider bigger lifetaps much of an advantage.

lol 2v2? In 3s , I'm never "chasing some pally around a pillar". It is extremely inconvenient to lifetap, esp when you get a opponents into compromising positions but have to spend globals tapping.

destruction is tapping constantly. 3 life taps and you almost get an additional one free is huge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<