• Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 27 April 2009 - 01:32 AM

The staff is ugly as sin, however.

Dagger is a clear winner!

daggers ugly too. I don't get how all melee weapons have really sweet skins and our dagger looks like it could be a grey item.

I don't like this change. People who thinks rogues are overpowered are terribad.

#22 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:00 AM

daggers ugly too. I don't get how all melee weapons have really sweet skins and our dagger looks like it could be a grey item.

True but I can barely see the dagger. The staff is a big ugly great thing stuck on my back that I can't miss.
<Memorable quote>

#23 Jhuudhun

Jhuudhun
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tortheldrin
  • Emberstorm

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:00 AM

You're an idiot bro.

Did I really say anything to warrant calling me an idiot?

#24 Divert

Divert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:03 AM

Did I really say anything to warrant calling me an idiot?

Yes. You belitted my entire post by chalking up a valid question of haste over crit to "it's rng so it's 'uncompetitive' for a destro lock". Because no class uses crit as a tool to win games right.

I'm not trying to be emo here, but give a reason beyond "you're not pro if you do that". I hardly think that no good lock has ever looked to pick up crit running a destruction spec.

I don't like this change. People who thinks rogues are overpowered are terribad.

#25 Wardeath

Wardeath
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:08 AM

Pretty much what he said is true though. Would you take 2% RNG to win the game, or 2% haste on everything you do?

Most people would take the 2% haste on everything you do and don't just rely on that 2% chance to crit to win you the game.

#26 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:11 AM

You don't win games as destro by sustained pressure, however. You win by critting.

That said, I would still never gem for crit. Destro scales terribly with crit in terms of damage throughput, and even though this pretty much contradicts what I just stated, I strongly dislike the idea of relying on RNG crits to win.

My point being that I agree with Divert that crit is a viable option to gem for, and his logic is sound, just I would never gem for crit personally.
<Memorable quote>

#27 Jarik

Jarik
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Andorhal
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:11 AM

Question for the people that are taking the staff. Since CoE is up on the main target, how much spell pen are you guys going to go for? Furious wand + cloak enchant is 66 spell pen. Is it worth gemming an extra 1 (86 spell pen) or 2 (106 spell pen)? And once you get the staff, are you regemming to full haste? (assuming you get the haste staff).

#28 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:14 AM

Depends on the bracket I imagine. 2s, I doubt there is any point gemming pen.

3s, with the dominance of RMP and hence a curse dispeller, I'd probably go with 2x 20 spell pen gems just to cut down mage armour.
<Memorable quote>

#29 Jhuudhun

Jhuudhun
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tortheldrin
  • Emberstorm

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:15 AM

Yes. You belitted my entire post by chalking up a valid question of haste over crit to "it's rng so it's 'uncompetitive' for a destro lock". Because no class uses crit as a tool to win games right.

I'm not trying to be emo here, but give a reason beyond "you're not pro if you do that". I hardly think that no good lock has ever looked to pick up crit running a destruction spec.

I didn't belittle your post -- I said what everyone already knows. You asked a question, I gave an answer. It's an obvious answer, do you really need me to explain why crit is worse than other stats?

#30 Wardeath

Wardeath
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:16 AM

Question for the people that are taking the staff. Since CoE is up on the main target, how much spell pen are you guys going to go for? Furious wand + cloak enchant is 66 spell pen. Is it worth gemming an extra 1 (86 spell pen) or 2 (106 spell pen)? And once you get the staff, are you regemming to full haste? (assuming you get the haste staff).

Since CoE reduces resistances by 165 I would feel that the 66 you get from the wand & cloak would be plenty. That puts you at 231 which should be enough. Problem is if it gets decursed or you don't have CoE up on your other targets it could get really annoying :\

As for gemming full haste, I think I might try it out because I am JC so using the haste Prismatics could be fun, plus I've only gemmed for all +dmg and it works...so why change ya know. But I still don't know because I enjoy having tons of +dmg...ughh the choices!

#31 Divert

Divert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:28 AM

You don't win games as destro by sustained pressure, however. You win by critting.

That said, I would still never gem for crit. Destro scales terribly with crit in terms of damage throughput, and even though this pretty much contradicts what I just stated, I strongly dislike the idea of relying on RNG crits to win.

My point being that I agree with Divert that crit is a viable option to gem for, and his logic is sound, just I would never gem for crit personally.

I personally wouldn't gem crit either because point for point spell power is the better option, but we don't have that option with gear itemization. I can't say "instead of that 92 crit, give me 109 spell power."

When you have the option of haste,crit,hit, or spirit, it should be open to discussing which actually works the best for chaos bolt, not just to say "well everyone knows haste is best".

This isn't Season 4.

#32 Aneraxium

Aneraxium
  • Recneps
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:36 AM

Destro uses CoE.

On the staff topic, why not the crit staff. Backdraft seems to give plenty of haste as is, and if you double crit with Chaos Bolt/Conflag it's pretty much game over.

because there aren't classes in the game that can't remove curses or anything

but anyway ontopic of

crit staff vs. haste staff vs. mh/oh

if you gem spellpower;
mh/oh > crit staff > haste staff

if you gem haste;
haste staff > mh/oh > crit staff

if you gem crit;
crit staff > mh/oh > haste staff
I'm pretty much the best thing this game has ever seen.

#33 Kluian

Kluian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:38 AM

Back on the top of crit vs spirit for bracers / belt / boots (for destro) which is best :D

#34 Divert

Divert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:42 AM

because there aren't classes in the game that can't remove curses or anything

but anyway ontopic of

crit staff vs. haste staff vs. mh/oh

if you gem spellpower;
mh/oh > crit staff > haste staff

if you gem haste;
haste staff > mh/oh > crit staff

if you gem crit;
crit staff > mh/oh > haste staff

not a lot of people spam decurse, although i of course took into account it's an issue. Someone did point out though there isn't alot of fire resist running around, or people that will switch aura's for it. If you think the spell pen is too valuable to pass up, then obviously going Mh/OH. If you don't think it's as big of an issue because most of the time you'll have Coe or it just won't be buffed against, then a staff is your best pick.

#35 Divert

Divert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:47 AM

Back on the top of crit vs spirit for bracers / belt / boots (for destro) which is best :D

I would argue if you're going for destro, get the crit. Especially if you have imp soul leech.

#36 Aneraxium

Aneraxium
  • Recneps
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:48 AM

i find imp soul leech/soul leech to be kinda inferior to suppression honestly
but thats just me
(especially imp soul leech after the replenishment nerf)

and if you're running with the crit honor gear then you defniitely are going to be lacking on hit as it stands anyway
then racials will get in the way etc. and so on down that line of things

#37 Jarik

Jarik
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Andorhal
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:52 AM

I have neck, wg belt and ring for hit which puts me at 3% and suppression for 6%.

#38 Divert

Divert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Posted 27 April 2009 - 04:11 AM

I guess it's the hit staff then bro's :)

#39 Kluian

Kluian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 27 April 2009 - 04:40 AM

Well for destro vs crit its ~50 more spell damage when you have fel armor up vs about 3% crit. You also get some more mana back when you tap with spirit so I'm a bit torn.

#40 Aneraxium

Aneraxium
  • Recneps
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:34 AM

i would never gem or stack spirit in pvp

basically makes using demon armor horrible

also with suppression and 2% hit you max out at all racials/hit for pvp
i think.. im not sure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<