#23 Pex

Pex
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:14 AM

I haven't played much rogue/shaman in general, but here's my limited advice.

Mage/rogue where they train the shaman make sure your shaman pillars the mage as much as he can, with your rogue on his rogue. Save grounding totem for shatters.

If the rogue gets sapped, make sure you riptide before the rogue opens. If they decide to open on the rogue rather than the shaman los/shock sheeps, although it's usually a lot more risky to shock mages using mage armor. If you can avoid enough sheeps it should make the match a lot easier.

The second cs is uaually pretty easy to juke if your shaman has interrupt trackers.

Against plate/nonpally healer, we had a lot more success going for the healer with ccs on the dps, make sure you tricks the shaman during the heroism so he can help dps.
Against paladin healers with pvp gear we would just try to force the paladin to fall behind in healing through shocks/hex/blind. If he bubbled ccs, we would swap to him.

Hope this helps even if a lot of it is vague or obvious.

#24 ronberk

ronberk
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 03 May 2009 - 08:50 AM

ty for the reply, it does help us a lot ^_^

however, regarding plate/healer teams, especially warrior and dk dps, they can peel me off the healer really easily... dks just spam chains of ice, it feels as if they generate their frost rune really quick -.- whereas warriors will just charge intercept when i try to down their healers...

any advice on this one? ty in advance ^^

#25 Pex

Pex
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:13 AM

I really feel a lot of matches rely on pulling out wins in the opener with a heroism/bloodlust. As soon as we can we usually line up a blind into hex or hex into blind/sap(diminishes with hex but still 5 seconds) depending on positioning.

If it turns into a match where the warrior or dk is sitting on the rogue we try to reset for drs/cooldowns and sometimes a restealth by pulling them around a pillar (basically out of los of his healer) and having both of us dps, which will usually lead to them being in a bad position or the warrior/dk running back to his healer. If the healer comes in to heal his melee partner it makes it easier to swap back to him as he tries to top off his partner.

#26 webb

webb
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:35 AM

Rogue/Shaman really does have a huge advantage over warrior or dk / healer teams... you should have no problems with shocks on the healers and purges on the dps. Rogues are a pretty big counter to warriors, and a slight counter to DKs.

[edit] as well, with this comp the shaman doesn't need that much resil and wearing a couple pieces of PvE gear can be pretty game-breaking. Your rogue is usually going to be the one focused, and if the shaman is being focused, the rogue is a good peeler.
Posted Image이제동 HWAITING!

#27 ronberk

ronberk
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:45 PM

thanks for the advices and quick respond :)

does this mean in a shaman/rogue team the shaman actually has to do most of the work? because i find that as a rogue, i cant really do much when a dk or warrior is sticking to me.... all i can do is mut, rupture, ks when cd up, dismantle, expose armour, thats about it, and usually we end up being pressured instead of our opponants....

i noticed that when i fight warriors, dks, or paladins, they can basically down me in a full stun if my shaman is caught in a 5-6 sec cc..... and im sitting at 735 resil currently at full pvp gear whereas even if i get a full blind off, we cant seem to be able to burst the warrior down fast enough....

however i do notice that my shaman seldom uses heroism... does this mean we should use heroism as the beginning of every fight if we want to pressure the opponant team healer into healing that he couldnt cc us or do other things?

i also noticed that a dk can basically deal 8k frost strike crits to me, thats about 40 percent of my life gone in an instant..... my shaman actually has a really hard time healing me, thus exposing himself to ccs......

as for double dps teams, even if i peel one dps off my shaman, usually it just happens so quickly that when i managed to lock one down, my shaman is at half health and the other dps will just finish him off....

was wondering if we both should stack as much resil as possible, btw my shaman doesnt have good pve gear as he seldoms pve... so i guess full resil is better?

once again thanks for the advices and stuff, will try them out asap =)

#28 ronberk

ronberk
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 03 May 2009 - 06:31 PM

Hi guys... i tried out the heroism on opening method... however, maybe we didnt execute it correctly, we could only pressure the opponant for the period of heroism, and once heroism ends my shaman is near oom....

Met a ret paladin/ resto shaman comp... got farmed by them near 60+ points... i tried to stick to the paladin but i found that he way outdps's me and with a nice hex/rep/hoj on my shaman, im dropped from 100% to 0%. I also found that i cant go for the shaman as his paladin keeps catching up with me and dpsing me, causing me to take a whole lot damage since my back was always opened to him....

Also met a rogue/lock comp today, cant think of any way to win them... if i dont get sap on rogue... they will down my shaman because the destro lock can practically solo my shaman :(

A worse situation will be when rogue gets a sap off me, basically its a lost... i found that in order to have a chance of survival, ill have to trinket the first cs and hope he doesnt rupture me right after the cs....

anyone can kindly advice me on this two comps?

thanks lots....

#29 ronberk

ronberk
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:20 AM

bump....

#30 ronberk

ronberk
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:13 PM

bump

#31 ronberk

ronberk
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:03 PM

b
u
m
p

#32 ronberk

ronberk
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 05 May 2009 - 05:29 AM

bump..

#33 ronberk

ronberk
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:01 PM

bump...

#34 ronberk

ronberk
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:11 PM

bump

#35 ronberk

ronberk
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:16 PM

bump

#36 ronberk

ronberk
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:36 AM

bump...

#37 ronberk

ronberk
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:26 PM

bump..

#38 ronberk

ronberk
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:38 PM

played nearly 100 games today and ended up only getting a 6 point increase compared to last week's ratings....

we have been farmed by war/druid teams....

basically the war just tunnel visions my shaman all the time... even when i keep trying to peel him off, eventually my shaman will run oom and we lose, the druid has his time to sit and drink most of the time because all he needs to do is hot his war b4 he goes ooc to drink....

as for double dps, we seem to be farmed by rogue/lock teams...

Maybe because im not an engineer, i always get sapped by the opponant rogue, then its basically over... rogue starts on me, lock will down the tremor totem and fear my shaman.... the rogue basically cheap shots me and ruptures, making me unable to revanish. My shaman usually have to trinket the fear or else im most probably dead. When he does, rogue will bind and ill still end up dying.

Even if i get sap on rogue, the moment i cs rogue, his lock will shadow fury me, allowing his rogue to vanish and start on me, then its a lost most of the time....

We also have lots of problems with any plate dps/ holy paladin as long as the paladin knows how to play, he wont run oom.......and my shaman ends up being oomed and i get raped....

someone please kindly advise us on these comps.... really hope we could hit 2050 at least this week.... thanks

#39 webb

webb
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:45 PM

Hi guys... i tried out the heroism on opening method... however, maybe we didnt execute it correctly, we could only pressure the opponant for the period of heroism, and once heroism ends my shaman is near oom....

Met a ret paladin/ resto shaman comp... got farmed by them near 60+ points... i tried to stick to the paladin but i found that he way outdps's me and with a nice hex/rep/hoj on my shaman, im dropped from 100% to 0%. I also found that i cant go for the shaman as his paladin keeps catching up with me and dpsing me, causing me to take a whole lot damage since my back was always opened to him....

Also met a rogue/lock comp today, cant think of any way to win them... if i dont get sap on rogue... they will down my shaman because the destro lock can practically solo my shaman :(

A worse situation will be when rogue gets a sap off me, basically its a lost... i found that in order to have a chance of survival, ill have to trinket the first cs and hope he doesnt rupture me right after the cs....

anyone can kindly advice me on this two comps?

thanks lots....

With ret/shaman, you should have a pretty easy time just training the shaman the whole game. It should be a lot harder for them than it is for you. Again, purge is your friend here.

Against lock/rogue, you guys should have an advantage (I think). It's a lot easier to shut down the lock as a shaman compared to a mage while the rogues just fight eachother.
Posted Image이제동 HWAITING!

#40 ronberk

ronberk
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:55 PM

ah thanks webbs for the strat on ret/shaman

However on rogue lock.. even if i fight the rogue... a destro lock can basically solo my shaman.... i mean seriously, and my shaman is sitting at ard 850 resil now....

however usually i just get screwed over by the rogue... i always... and i do mean always... get sapped... even if i see them... =.=

i guess its my ping... sigh...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<