#1 Schtor

Schtor
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 24 April 2009 - 02:14 PM

So Basically this season has been amazing so far, the biggest issue I have is my mana, warriors just take too much damage from priest rogue (although we usually win on mana I feel we should be controlling the match a lot more).

So I have access to full pve gear on my druid (no t8.5 yet but some ulduar 25 loot).  I'm curious what everyone's take on druids currently in pve gear, last season I was wearing ~1k resil and had no issues with everything but dks (obvious reasons). Yesterday I was talking off pvp gear for pve gear, I dropped down to 4p Resto pvp gear, 1p balance (gloves), Deadly boots, Deadly Ring, deadly MH/OH, bm trinket and the 111 sp Medallion trinket.  Everything else was naxx 25/Ulduar loot (used the Balance Malygos neck for hit).  I dropped my resil to about ~510-530 and still had no issue with surviving and it seemed my warrior was the one usually dieing in the end, now I don't want to drop my 4p resto bonus or .1 second of cyclone (with all the haste my cyclone is at about 1.28 seconds).

Has anyone else tried with more pve gear and had more success or fail?  The only real issue I had was vs a double DPS Ret/warrior (I survived but barely) and Priest/ret (pre-hotfix we got raped on the mana fight was likea  10 minute game and the ret swapped to me and i died).

#2 Capiachi

Capiachi
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 24 April 2009 - 04:48 PM

depending on your partners capability to peel you can wear more pve. I feel quite happy at 750-850, so I will probobly use some pve rings to get some spirit.

Use as much pve gear as you can without dying :) (everything really relies on your specc, your own capability of getting away and your partners peels.)

#3 Scratchmybac

Scratchmybac
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Gurubashi
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 24 April 2009 - 05:18 PM

I don't know why everybody thinks it's ok to wear a bunch of pve gear. I guess they have fun losing to RMP and rogue/mage or warlock in 2v2.

Personally, less than 850 is cause for major concern.

#4 Jorenm

Jorenm
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:02 PM

If you don't die, you're wearing enough resil. Tweak the numbers till you can survive double dps, while maximizing sp and regen for healer\dps.

#5 virtua

virtua
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 1986

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:07 AM

welcome to counter comping/counter gearing my friend. if you know you can get away with less resil, or your playing a set vs a certain taeam, or you warrior peels well, then do so. i suspect with a warrior they will go on him alot

#6 Wildo

Wildo
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:47 AM

If you position yourself good and pre-hot every time the other team starts inching up to you, they won't even swap to you if they are smart. A full hotted druid won't ever die to a swap. If your pre-hots are falling off, start moving away again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<