Photo

Specifically, how are Priests overpowered and if so, what do you do about them?

• Please log in to reply
531 replies to this topic

#521 Complex

Complex
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Khadgar
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:19 PM

On the subject of Priest / Rogue being OP:

Put Sap and Fear on the same DR, it's far too punishing to allow this as an initial CC string in a match up when priests have so much offensive pressure as a healer, the feared target will always have to trinket (unless with a dispeller ofc) to prevent his partner dying (or at best being dropped to 10% mana).

The only problem with making this change is the way the DR categories are currently laid out, putting fear into the the same category as sheep/hex has significant effects for other comps which currently aren't in need of nerfs.
The only way around this would be to completely revamp the DR system and have extra categories as nessecary.

Overkill internal cooldown - Being able to use vanish -> opener for additional pressure is fine, being able to do it in quick succession resulting in a retarded amount of burst isn't right. This ability needs to have a 30 second internal cooldown to prevent chaining.

Glyph of Penance needs to go, having such a potent heal on such a short CD is allowing priests to be even more offensive than they should be, hence why I don't think this Glyph is needed.

Lastly, the amount of trash buffs a Priest has is absolutely retarded and makes purging futile considering the mana cost and amount of globals it takes to clear a priest of buffs.

--------------------------------------------------
On the whole I don't think Priests are as OP as people are making out, the only thing making them stand out is Priest/Rogue and that's due to the Synergy those classes have with each other, despite neither class being as rediculous as people claim. Slowly nerfing the Synergy of RP rather than raping each class individually seems a better option.

Putting a Rogue with another partner or a Priest with another partner doesn't result in an OP combo (minus Ret/Priest, fuck rets).

#522 Mearis

Mearis
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-The Venture Co
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:19 PM

Complex, while I agree with what you are saying, you are missing a few things (imo).

First - penance glyph is necessary for PvE. I'd favor making penance tick at 0.5 seconds, 1.5 seconds, and 2 seconds and splitting the healing as 20%, 30%, 50% making it far easier to interrupt but leaving it unchanged for PvE.

An easier target for nerf might be the inner fire glyph since that improves our survivability versus melees considerably - although making us even weaker to warriors might not be a great choice.

Finally, I think instead of nerfing fear/sap DR you could just lower the sap initial duration to 6 seconds, which would also have the effect of lowering the effectiveness of blind/sap/fear chains.

Sap/fear DR is also a perfectly acceptable solution though.

#523 capsules

capsules
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/0/1/1/0/0
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:21 PM

On the subject of Priest / Rogue being OP:
Put Sap and Fear on the same DR, it's far too punishing to allow this as an initial CC string in a match up when priests have so much offensive pressure as a healer, the feared target will always have to trinket (unless with a dispeller ofc) to prevent his partner dying (or at best being dropped to 10% mana).

lol... learn to WotF...
Seems like blizzard wants us all to be undeads anyways.

#524 Prov

Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:37 PM

lol... learn to WotF...
Seems like blizzard wants us all to be undeads anyways.

i want us all to be undead too, because that's pretty much all I play against anyway (only played 1 non ud priest team so far in 3s after almost 200 games rofl). Ok give wotf plz ty

#525 Complex

Complex
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Khadgar
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:42 PM

Finally, I think instead of nerfing fear/sap DR you could just lower the sap initial duration to 6 seconds, which would also have the effect of lowering the effectiveness of blind/sap/fear chains.

Sap/fear DR is also a perfectly acceptable solution though.

6 seconds would make it uterly useless, and completely destroy vanish/sapping mid game.

If two targets seperate each other vs a 6 second sap, by the time the rogue has reached the other player (if ever) the sap is going to have 3/2 seconds left, making it completely not worth the risk of being brought out of stealth and trying to get it off in the first place.

Would rather remove sap and have a 6 second gouge. It can't be used effectively in a CC chain since it removes combo points on other targets when applied.

#526 Gunnolf

Gunnolf
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:45 PM

I think i've said this 1000x since the patch. You can't put fear and sap on dr, because then you just put fear on dr with traps/wyvren/poly/repentence.
Posted Image
Spoiler

#527 Whillwinz

Whillwinz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Stonemaul
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:46 PM

So what's with priests healing through HoJ and my Avenger's Shield silence? I noticed this on a number of occasions the other day. I know they have reduction on stuns and silences but not total immunity?

edit: And it wasn't aura mastery, no pally on the team. That wouldn't help against HoJ anyway.

#528 Complex

Complex
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Khadgar
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:49 PM

I think i've said this 1000x since the patch. You can't put fear and sap on dr, because then you just put fear on dr with traps/wyvren/poly/repentence.

Hence why I suggested a complete revamp of the DR system right after.

#529 Prov

Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:49 PM

So what's with priests healing through HoJ and my Avenger's Shield silence? I noticed this on a number of occasions the other day. I know they have reduction on stuns and silences but not total immunity?

edit: And it wasn't aura mastery, no pally on the team. That wouldn't help against HoJ anyway.

it's just a visual bug with penance

#530 Gunnolf

Gunnolf
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:52 PM

Hence why I suggested a complete revamp of the DR system right after.

That will create balance issues as well.
Posted Image
Spoiler

#531 Mearis

Mearis
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-The Venture Co
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:00 PM

Yeah, 6 second sap + a nerf to priest survivability seem like the obvious nerfs. If you get a poor opener priest/rogue is not that great, just the combination of a fantastic opener + means you ride the entire game offensively.

#532 denialz

denialz
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1552
  • 3v3: 96
  • RBG: 192

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:11 PM

I dont think ive seen any high rated keyboard turning Priests yet. So frankly any dk, pally ,hunter qqing just fails, well most of them v.v

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<