Photo

Specifically, how are Priests overpowered and if so, what do you do about them?

• Please log in to reply
531 replies to this topic

#21 Prov

Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 22 April 2009 - 06:16 PM

ridiculously effecient pennance, 30 second CD AoE cc, mana burn, offensive/defensive dispel, great nuking pressure, variety of different healing effects, pretty good efficieny.

I won't make a call on if priests are OP right now or not but it's not hard to list their pros and cons.

it's not hard to list the pros and cons of any class, but listing them on their own doesn't necessarily prove anything; you need to compare those pros and cons to those of other classes. It's like okay, we have a 30 second cd aoe cc, but that sounds totally fucking skewed when you list it like that because it ignores that other people have better cc that's available more often.

We had all of these same things last patch except for penance being self usable, and I don't know if you were listing psychic scream as a pro or a con rofl...

What spec shaman you guys talking about O_O? Riptide got a new icon, i know i know it is game breaking but JEEZ resto shaman seem the exact same and most people got buffed. Except for the retard hpal/dk/hunts.

When people say that priests are overpowered, we actually go so far as to list the things that we received in this patch outright so that people can base their conclusions on more concise evidence. Perhaps it would be appropriate for you to do the same, as a new riptide icon is not the only thing you received, and shaman were in a much better place pre-patch than priest

I really hope blizzard does something about this. because the Impossibleness of cleave to beat any comp, really, is just an excruciating process that involves immense skill and luck. Buff warriors death knights and pallys, nerf mages and rogues.

#22 Pirated

Pirated
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:21 PM

I play a priest, I think disc is overpowered

it's not PALADIN overpowered, it's not DK/HUNTER overpowered, but it feels like I have a leg up on other healers

to be fair, last patch felt like other healers had a leg up on me, but I definitely feel stronger now
"i have literally never, to my recollection, overestimated myself"
-Buddhist

#23 Laeyrus

Laeyrus

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:22 PM

30 Second AoE CC is an advantage?

Yeah, it's fun putting myself within melee range of Rogues and Warriors to be able to use my CC.

Priests are basically at the level that shamans were at last season. They were strong, but not game breakingly strong.

All the healers are in good shape now. Shamans are where they need to be, Priests are where they need to be, Druids need a little bit more help, and I'm not sure about Paladins atm because all I hear is the QQ about how they don't faceroll anymore.

#24 Rekluse

Rekluse
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:31 PM

against any team that is capable of doing 1 snare (and arent retarded) you should never be able to get a fear off every time its off CD anyway.

#25 Haiku

Haiku
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:32 PM

To me it wasn't the fact that pallys were overpowered before that shit me off, it was the fact that the skillcap is like "be a toddler eating a chocolate biscuit while you play", so often they'd just like... backpeddle away after a win rofl...

Priests are strong now but the good ones still shine over the bad ones by far unlike paladins last season :S
da king

#26 Laeyrus

Laeyrus

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:42 PM

To me it wasn't the fact that pallys were overpowered before that shit me off, it was the fact that the skillcap is like "be a toddler eating a chocolate biscuit while you play", so often they'd just like... backpeddle away after a win rofl...

Priests are strong now but the good ones still shine over the bad ones by far unlike paladins last season :S

I'm pretty sure that's what all the "Priests are OP QQ" talk is about. Priests on par with druids as being the worst healer (the exception is always RMP), but we still managed to succeed in a lot of different comps, we just had to outplay our opponents. Now that we have some buffs, we're smashing everyone. I can't tell you how good it feels to see a Paladins mana bar decrease.

#27 Baneman

Baneman
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:54 PM

Your whole argument is based on "well if you think we are OP, then you have to list extremely OP abilities that we have or else you're wrong".

Priests were good last season but were basically countered by dk/pally & hunter teams. You nerf DKs, viper sting, plea dispellable, etc, in addition to changes to mana efficiency & penance, it goes a long way.

#28 Horrible

Horrible
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:01 PM

30 Second AoE CC is an advantage?

Yeah, it's fun putting myself within melee range of Rogues and Warriors to be able to use my CC.

Priests are basically at the level that shamans were at last season. They were strong, but not game breakingly strong.

All the healers are in good shape now. Shamans are where they need to be, Priests are where they need to be, Druids need a little bit more help, and I'm not sure about Paladins atm because all I hear is the QQ about how they don't faceroll anymore.

You're right because it's not like rogues or warriors (or any other melee) runs to you? Not to mention the easy potential for double fears.

If you don't think psychic scream is a core ability then I think you are playing a priest wrong.
And you're playing disc/ret, you should easily be able to set up CC's with repentance/HoJ/freedom.

against any team that is capable of doing 1 snare (and arent retarded) you should never be able to get a fear off every time its off CD anyway.

You play ret priest....

#29 Laeyrus

Laeyrus

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:01 PM

Your whole argument is based on "well if you think we are OP, then you have to list extremely OP abilities that we have or else you're wrong".

Priests were good last season but were basically countered by dk/pally & hunter teams. You nerf DKs, viper sting, plea dispellable, etc, in addition to changes to mana efficiency & penance, it goes a long way.

Personally, I think our mana efficiency went down. Rapture nerf was big. I did take advantage of the OO5S rule as well.

#30 terrion

terrion
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:05 PM

Personally, I think our mana efficiency went down. Rapture nerf was big. I did take advantage of the OO5S rule as well.

Your avatar is really annoying for some reason.

#31 Laeyrus

Laeyrus

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:13 PM

Your avatar is really annoying for some reason.

That's my face when I read everyone complaining the Priests are overpowered.

#32 terrion

terrion
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:13 PM

It looks really angry. I guess I just don't like angry people.

#33 Shayna

Shayna
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:25 PM

You were more then fine last season, but overshadowed by DKs and Hunters which completely destroyed you. You QQed so fucking much, blizz started to pity you and got a few more buffs and there you go - overpowered.

I never had an easy time vs ret+priest, rogue+priest, feral+priest as warrior+pala in S5. It was quite hard tbh and prolly most warr+pala agree.

Now all priests feel so pro and look down on paladins going :"omg priest skill cap is limiteless". Shotgun please. Some of us noobclasspaladin have 100+ mp5 they got especially for S6, some of us are trying to drink but can't ( no hots , and sacred shield is fucked up ).

#34 Prov

Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:29 PM

lolol u guys had liek 2% arena representation over 2500 but u were fine stupid complainers

ps we have shit that interrupts drinking too, it's not just paladins

I really hope blizzard does something about this. because the Impossibleness of cleave to beat any comp, really, is just an excruciating process that involves immense skill and luck. Buff warriors death knights and pallys, nerf mages and rogues.

#35 Devz

Devz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/0

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:32 PM

You were more then fine last season, but overshadowed by DKs and Hunters which completely destroyed you. You QQed so fucking much, blizz started to pity you and got a few more buffs and there you go - overpowered.

I never had an easy time vs ret+priest, rogue+priest, feral+priest as warrior+pala in S5. It was quite hard tbh and prolly most warr+pala agree.

Now all priests feel so pro and look down on paladins going :"omg priest skill cap is limiteless". Shotgun please. Some of us noobclasspaladin have 100+ mp5 they got especially for S6, some of us are trying to drink but can't ( no hots , and sacred shield is fucked up ).

u carnt b serius

:priest:

#36 Prov

Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:33 PM

2100 paladin allstar, ofc he's serious

#37 maarko

maarko
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:33 PM

People get used to classes being worse then others, as soon as the shitty/mediocre class gets buffed people like to complain.

With the self-penance buff it just makes it really hard to kill priests while facerolling. Hymn of Hope and Shadowfiend buffs are pretty huge as well, but once people realize they can 2 shot the shadowfiend im sure they will stop complaining.
Spoiler

#38 kashflow

kashflow
  • Pistolgrip
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Gul'dan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:35 PM

All of those we had last season. Our efficiency went down with the change to Rapture and Spirit nerf.

no it didnt

#39 Laeyrus

Laeyrus

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:35 PM

People get used to classes being worse then others, as soon as the shitty/mediocre class gets buffed people like to complain.

With the self-penance buff it just makes it really hard to kill priests while facerolling. Hymn of Hope and Shadowfiend buffs are pretty huge as well, but once people realize they can 2 shot the shadowfiend im sure they will stop complaining.

Finally someone who gets it. Don't people realize how disgustingly easy it was for a Rogue to completely shut us down? Even TG warriors would rip the living shit out of us if we didn't have clutch peels.

#40 Shayna

Shayna
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:40 PM

u carnt b serius

Why can't I be serios ? Really curios about what was wrong in my statements.

And to the priest with the pro attitude of "2100 pala allstar". I apologize since you got so much more and ratings REAAAALLY showed so much about last season. P.S. Pala+Warr in S5 without GLG. Good game!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<