#321 Ifix

Ifix
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:02 AM

Well if they open hard on my priest I'll go on their priest, since I can kill a priest faster than a rogue can (maybe it has something to do with my priest being dwarf).

If they go on you, you have to help your priest as much as you can with mana burns by feral charging/bashing their priests burns or even just feral charge when they are in a bad position so you can get a couple extra off before LoS. If the rogue goes to kick/gouge your priest just cyclone him and go cat on their priest. Save berserk as a fear breaker too. Once evasions are down you should win.

either you have an amaezing priest,ridiculous crit's or bad rogues lol.a priest should not die to a feral before a rogue kills a priest if he gts any sort of assistance (live trough the opener,pws himself,spam dispell ur priest.i have no clue how S6 is as feral but i know that rogues would rape priest way faster if they knew how to fight ferals

#322 rokarion

rokarion
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:58 AM

it shows both teams' mmr at the end of every game in the score window now

we've beaten some mage/rogue and lock/rogue teams, it doesn't seem that bad to me really although they certainly have the advantage. we've lost more than we've won but normally i can identify some fairly significant errors i made that might have let us win.

They have to make huge errors for you to win. Here's one thing that they can do, that you cannot counter: cheap shot mutilate mutlate vanish. Priest has to pain suppress or he dies, you don't have time to feral charge/pounce rogue. Wait for dr on stuns, reopen kill priest. You can try to cyclone when he reopens but he can easily cloak it and the game is over. They have to screw up horribly to lose now.

#323 rokarion

rokarion
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:09 AM

We usually beat priest rogue, open hard on priest rogue will usually get off your priest to come save his priest which will give you guys the advantage. Mana burn war then you innervate your priest. Once their priest is oom, your priest mcs the rogue so you can finish him off.

#324 Datah

Datah
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2188

Posted 26 April 2009 - 04:08 AM

We usually beat priest rogue, open hard on priest rogue will usually get off your priest to come save his priest which will give you guys the advantage. Mana burn war then you innervate your priest. Once their priest is oom, your priest mcs the rogue so you can finish him off.

Have you played against Nekrolyte and Furi?

The first game they went hard on my priest and lost (peel Furi, kill him when he's out of cds).

The next two games, Furi sat on me the entire game with PvE gear doing almost unhealable damage while I literally have to kite to abolish myself the entire game to get topped off, and it seems almost impossible to win (they win the mana war even if I interrupt nearly every burn with charge/bash and we get burns off, because of his ridiculous damage forcing my priest to heal and me to run away all the time).

We've lost some games to awful priest/rogue teams who tunnel my priest when my peels don't go perfectly (I like maim dodges when I'm obviously behind the rogue on my screen, loooool), I guess I'll just forget peeling right away and start by going WotLK-mode on their priest against those.

I don't try to pounce rogues against MR or LR normally (obviously if you do get a pounce then you win, but no half-decent rogue running either of those comps should EVER eat a pounce against priest/feral). I'll actually even Faerie Fire to get in combat with the mage/warlock if I'm not confident about avoiding a sap while I open on them. Go to bear fast, if the rogue opens on my priest I immediately FC-bear him, faerie fire, and bash if I think I need to. Past that it's just living until you can kill the rogue (which is hard, but with war stomp->cyclone, fear, etc. it is possible if we don't make mistakes, against most teams).

If the rogue opens on me I'm normally already in bear and we position ourselves so that it's hard for them to cc my priest. Still easy to lose that way, because they can kill me fast, but if you force a cloak and a trinket on the rogue (faerie fire, priest dots, bash, warstomp, fear, whatever) then nature's grasp can save games (or you can use NG to force cloak, faerie fire after, and nuke the rogue with PS+barkskin+cds on you, stuff like that).

ur cute

<3
feral always

#325 rokarion

rokarion
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:38 AM

I disagree about a pounce being a guaranteed win. Trinket, evasion, sprint is more than enough for a rogue to get away. Nevermind blind, gouge, rocketboots or just vanishing and stunlocking you.

haven't faced furi and nekro, but if the rogue goes on me, my priest can generally heal through it and we eventually win the mana war. you have 3/3 potp?

Make sure you feral charge frostbolt every cd to slow down the inc damage against mage rogue.

this is what i've been doing against mage rogue lately, but we've been facing bads. mage invises, then comes out and spams spell steal on the priest. I faerie fire the mage to get in combat then cyclone him and immediately bear. Around this time the rogue will open. If he's on priest i feral charge/bash. If it lands, he'll trinket it evasion, and he'll clos your cyclone. A lot of the time your priest will die before clos ends, but if he doesn't you can cc the hell out of the rogue and outlast his cooldowns and finish.

Of course, if he's decent he'll still be able to get away and reset and you'll be screwed.

#326 Datah

Datah
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:10 PM

I disagree about a pounce being a guaranteed win. Trinket, evasion, sprint is more than enough for a rogue to get away. Nevermind blind, gouge, rocketboots or just vanishing and stunlocking you.

haven't faced furi and nekro, but if the rogue goes on me, my priest can generally heal through it and we eventually win the mana war. you have 3/3 potp?

Make sure you feral charge frostbolt every cd to slow down the inc damage against mage rogue.

this is what i've been doing against mage rogue lately, but we've been facing bads. mage invises, then comes out and spams spell steal on the priest. I faerie fire the mage to get in combat then cyclone him and immediately bear. Around this time the rogue will open. If he's on priest i feral charge/bash. If it lands, he'll trinket it evasion, and he'll clos your cyclone. A lot of the time your priest will die before clos ends, but if he doesn't you can cc the hell out of the rogue and outlast his cooldowns and finish.

Of course, if he's decent he'll still be able to get away and reset and you'll be screwed.

I've never lost to any rogue/mage or warlock/rogue on our battlegroup after getting a pounce on the rogue (sometimes they can get away a bit, but if I don't mess up it doesn't seem like they can actually win [this is mostly back when I was playing with a mage]. Neuro/gossip, aieas/akrios, etc. Haven't played against Celex and Mahiko yet. A lot of the time I maim their trinket and it's almost immediately over at that point.). A pounce just shouldn't ever happen though.

I don't really find my priest dying "before cloak end" against MR or LR, since he still has cds at that point, though it can be close.

We lost a couple times to Akrios/Aeias but with a little luck we could have won both games (horrible rng in both of them). And yes, obviously charging shatters/chaos bolts/etc. is pretty key against those teams. =p

And Furi's damage is just insane with pve gear, I really haven't ever seen anything like that from a rogue before. No I don't have PotP.
feral always

#327 Chrizzly

Chrizzly
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:59 PM

Mage / Rogue is definitely an interesting fight. I haven't played Priest Feral that much, but from my experiance it totally depends on what kind of players you face. I seriously doubt that you can be able to waste global on stuff that will get countered anyway. You can't peel of the initial dmg on your priest, but you can help him to escape. The goal is to scatter the rogue or the mage from your priest. The threat comes from both of 'em zerging. Good use of maims, abolish poisons and cyclones / roots on the mage will allow your priest some breathing.

It's massive peeling or bursting down one of them, you can't do a little bit of both, because that is just pointless.

If they are tunneling the feral, well. As mentioned above tank it, and use your feral charges wisely. Luring rogues down and charging up, can be match deciding e.g, or as stated above. Interrupting shatters =)

#328 Datah

Datah
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:13 PM

Another thing I'll often do against MR after charging the rogue is focus cyclone the mage while targeting the rogue. If they don't know what's up, the rogue will usually waste cloak on nothing (beyond faerie fire) and the mage will have to trinket.
feral always

#329 rokarion

rokarion
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:49 PM

I mean, neither of you have played much against rogue/mage, rogue/lock as feral priest. And neither of you have offered a counter to the easy win strat for them i posted. There is no "scattering them off the priest" Between cheap shots, kidney shots, frost novas, and crippling poison, the priest isn't going anywhere.

The fight really just comes down to, will the rogue be terrible and let you kill him or will rng let you land stuns through evasion? If the answer to both of those is yes, you can win.

I'd love to be proven wrong though. Get a nice win ratio vs those teams and we'll resume this conversation.

#330 Datah

Datah
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:57 PM

I mean, neither of you have played much against rogue/mage, rogue/lock as feral priest. And neither of you have offered a counter to the easy win strat for them i posted. There is no "scattering them off the priest" Between cheap shots, kidney shots, frost novas, and crippling poison, the priest isn't going anywhere.

The fight really just comes down to, will the rogue be terrible and let you kill him or will rng let you land stuns through evasion? If the answer to both of those is yes, you can win.

I'd love to be proven wrong though. Get a nice win ratio vs those teams and we'll resume this conversation.

i don't think i ever implied they're easy matches, MR and LR certainly have a pretty hefty advantage (mostly because even a miniscule error on the priest/feral side, or the slightest bad RNG, equals a loss), i just don't think they're impossible to win

FC/FF/bashing immediately when the rogue opens is pretty good at slowing down the CS->mut->evis->vanish opener you described earlier
feral always

#331 rokarion

rokarion
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:33 PM

i don't think i ever implied they're easy matches, MR and LR certainly have a pretty hefty advantage (mostly because even a miniscule error on the priest/feral side, or the slightest bad RNG, equals a loss), i just don't think they're impossible to win

FC/FF/bashing immediately when the rogue opens is pretty good at slowing down the CS->mut->evis->vanish opener you described earlier

fc in bear invokes a 1.5 sec gcd, during which the rogue can easily vanish, negating that counter.

#332 Viia

Viia
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:37 PM

So Pally/Feral isn't so bad, it's not as good as Priest/Feral but leveling up to 2270ish wasn't a problem.

Have any of you priest/ferals played extensive games v hunter/druid (Survival)? It seems pretty difficult still.
Feral Class Hero... wannabe.

#333 Datah

Datah
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:04 PM

fc in bear invokes a 1.5 sec gcd, during which the rogue can easily vanish, negating that counter.

FC is not on the GCD (and doesn't invoke one) =p
feral always

#334 Datah

Datah
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:07 PM

and i haven't played hunter/druid yet, only hunter/priest and hunter/paladin